The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    someday I'll be a real cow girl

and then I'll eat raspberry pies
  • Miko said:

Marissa and Reimu are basically the same kind of character concept,
    just warped differently because of cultural expectations.
    Reimu is kind of a lazy jerk who runs a Shinto shrine she inherited that barely gets any visitors. She is naturally gifted with power and solves incidents but dislikes her job. Marisa is a Japanese girl who is estranged from her family that she doesn't get along with and styles herself as a western witch. She runs a shop that barely gets any customers and solves incidents so she can have fun and "borrow" treasure. Marisa is very smart and works very hard to master magic, but tries to hide this from others. These two are similar in some ways and different in other ways. I'm not sure what you mean?
    The concept of Miko and the concept of Witch are very closely related, >Young women who have magical powers, but whereas predominately christian values viewed that sort of thing as evil, in Japan, the girl who has magical powers is viewed as more "good" in nature.
    psychedelic squid
  • naney said:

and by chill i mean "chill by normal people standards" not "chill by my standards"

that's disappointing

also every time i check theres only that one track streaming. wanna hear the rest too
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    The concept of Miko and the concept of Witch are very closely
    related, >Young women who have magical powers, but whereas
    predominately christian values viewed that sort of thing as evil, in
    Japan, the girl who has magical powers is viewed as more "good" in
    nature.
    I didn't notice that disparity but I think you're right. :o
  • man i like wittr and i like randall dunn and i like ambient and this is just not doin' it for me
  • edited 2014-07-06 20:35:39

aww
  • edited 2014-07-06 20:43:54
    okay i finished the song and im revising my opinion slightly: the bit where the flute and the horn kicks in is actually fucking badass. song definitely peaks in the middle. i am ambivalent towards the ending (by which i mean the last 5 mins or so. the last minute is definitely p kickass)

theyre very much going for the krautrock textures on this and it seems to be a bit variable how much they nail it. there are a few swing-and-a-miss moments. that beginning couldnt decide whether it was going for arctic drone/ambient or spacey kraut and ended up sounding like something out of a videogame soundtrack in not a good way
  • edited 2014-07-06 21:08:08
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Counterclock, hi!

@re: republican party stinks: Maybe they wouldn't be in such power if it wasn't a two party system. The parties havent let anyone else win since the populists. Ip ersonally think that the worse the republican party is, the more people will feel like they need to be not-republican. Since in the States it is perceived that not-republican = democrat, the jerkishness of the republican party supports the democrats (Not that the democrats are responsible for republican jerkishness, that would be stupid. I don't think they're consciously trying to benefit from republican jerkishness, it's just that the republican party is being stupid and unintentionally helping the democrats).

And, to make up for the loss of voters, the republican party goes for the support of billionaires.

In short, tear down the two party system so a party like the republicans can never get so powerful.

NOTE: This isnt exactly what I actually think, but it's close enough to what I think while still being acceptably polite. My actual thoughts are much more bitter and "Man, just screw United States politics"-y.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I am slightly bitter that no one likes my funny videos or witty comments on facebook, but reblogs of generic inspirational quotes always get likes,
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    France actually have a fairly high rate of obesity by European standards, although the UK has a much higher rate
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    That's how it is, unfortunately.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Odradek said:

I am slightly bitter that no one likes my funny videos or witty comments on facebook, but reblogs of generic inspirational quotes always get likes,

It could be worse; on Facebook, about all I do is like all my friends' posts. I'm actually more active on Twitter!
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I just couldn't get along with Facebook.

Everyone is always like, why aren't you on Facebook?  Why do you never respond to the things I say on Facebook?  You'd have known about this if you'd bothered to check Facebook!

And I'm always like yeah but ugh Facebook
    One of the first things I did on Facebook once I signed up way back in 2009 was go looking for people from high school that might remember me. And a few did, which was surprising because I figured people were still sore at me over one of my failed crushes. :P

I really don't use Facebook for much else. I follow a few science and humor people, and members of my family that don't have a Twitter presence, but that's it.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't use Facebook for anything.

Yeah I'm real inspired by this shit, certainly pulled me out of a deep depression.
  • I sometimes share news items on my Facebook but that is about all.
    stronger, firework, roar, etc. #badpopmusic
    lee4hmz said:

stronger, firework, roar, etc. #badpopmusic

At least that's set to a tune and took effort.

This is just someone spending five seconds on InspirationalQuoteMakerDotCom

stronger

bad
    I will eat you, Lee.
    He means the Kelly Clarkson song.
  • edited 2014-07-06 21:23:48
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    The only reason I use Facebook is because the discussion board of George Starostin's blog is on there.
    that which doesn't kill me

makes me want bacon
  • The only reason I use Facebook is because the discussion board of George Starostin's blog is on there.

• Odradek said:

stronger

bad
    I will eat you, Lee.
    He means the Kelly Clarkson song.
    ah

acceptable.
  • kill living beings
    i hear
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Facebook is 2spooky4me
  • Tachyon said:

I just couldn't get along with Facebook.

Everyone is always like, why aren't you on Facebook?  Why do you never respond to the things I say on Facebook?  You'd have known about this if you'd bothered to check Facebook!

And I'm always like yeah but ugh Facebook

Yarrun's entire experience with Facebook.
  • every time i remember that renard queenston exists i tense up for a bit
  • i honestly can't think of any other human being who gets that reaction out of me
  • edited 2014-07-06 21:42:30

prolific musician, has a bandcamp, probably the most notable furry to those outside the furry fandom, sexually assaulted a friend of theirs
  • oh that's that guy with like 40,000 aliases who makes bad electronic music right
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, that whole situation was mad fucked up.

Best forget about that...
  • they make inconsistent electronic music, mostly breakcore and chiptunes

inconsistency happens when you put out 10+ albums in one year

they have gotten better at quality control though, which has led to a decrease in output
  • edited 2014-07-06 21:46:36

they actually did have a very nice noise alias that was consistent though
    Also before the sexual assault situation exploded they got sued for a shocking amount of money on questionable grounds for unlicensed sampling. Not sure how that has panned out.
  • man i totally forgot about that

that was kinda scary
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    The only Renard album I ever got was "A PICTURE OF FINN FARTING"... :|  (INTELLIGENT MUSIC!!!!)
    Not sure if the name of the musician whose estate was suing him ever came out. The guy was dead is all that was clear, but it was someone big and with some very zealous estate lawyers.
    The internet has taught me that no one will ever, ever be able to explain the anthropic principle in a way that doesn't sound stupid
  • for something to be observed, something capable of observing it must be able to exist

does that work?
  • edited 2014-07-06 22:26:51
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I think there's a way, but it would require looking at the idea in a way that most strong proponents of the principle wouldn't because they're using it to disguise religious beliefs.

^ Like so.
    naney said:

for something to be observed, something capable of observing it must be able to exist

does that work?

No

That's still dumb and pseudo profound as fuck
  • i'm not sure how the anthropic principle could be used to support religion
    We Are The Universe Observing Itself
    Actually, the weak anthropic principle is pretty interesting: Selection bias forces us to speak of universal constants in terms that we can understand. They work in certain ways because that is how we are wired to perceive them.

Of course, I think coming at the anthropic principle from the other direction yields more interesting results: That our intelligence is the way it is because the universe is "shaped" in a certain way, as it were.