The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2014-07-07 02:20:12
    The Queen of the Earth, whose signet ring and crown bear the insignia of the Spade, and whose dominion is Autumn. With her left hand she grasps the Queen of the Moon, with whom she shares a capacity for Compassion, and with her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Sun, with whom she shares the vice of Stagnation. With wary eyes she gazes upon her foe, the Queen of the Sky, whose dominion of Spring and attributes of Vibrance and Cruelty directly oppose hers.

The Queen of the Moon, whose signet ring and crown bear the insignia of the Heart, and whose dominion is Winter. With her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Earth, with whom she shares a capacity for Compassion, and with her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Sky, with whom she shares the vice of Cruelty. With wary eyes she gazes upon her foe, the Queen of the Sun, whose dominion of Summer and attributes of Vibrance and Stagnation directly oppose hers.
  • edited 2014-07-07 02:20:24
    The Queen of the Sky, whose signet ring and crown bear the insignia of the Diamond, and whose dominion is Spring. With her left hand she grasps the Queen of the Sun, with whom she shares a capacity for Vibrance, and with her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Moon, with whom she shares the vice of Cruelty. With wary eyes she gazes upon her foe, the Queen of the Earth, whose dominion of Autumn and attributes of Compassion and Stagnation directly oppose hers.

The Queen of the Sun, whose signet ring and crown bear the insignia of the Club, and whose dominion is Summer. With her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Sky, with whom she shares a capacity for Vibrance, and with her right hand she grasps the Queen of the Earth, with whom she shares the vice of Stagnation. With wary eyes she gazes upon her foe, the Queen of the Moon, whose dominion of Winter and attributes of Compassion and Cruelty directly oppose hers.
    Each Queen has on her left flank an Ace, on her right flank a King, and directly behind her a Jack. These are her Charges. Each Charge commands three legions of soldiers selected from nine ranks ranging from two to ten.

The Ace commands soldiers of his Queen of the ranks two, nine, and ten. The Jack commands soldiers of his Queen of the ranks five, six, and seven. The King commands the soldiers of his Queen of the ranks three, four, and eight.
  • Pretend all of that is quoted. I didn't feel like fiddling around with the formatting.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Huh, sounds like some kind of particularly strategic game.
  • Kexruct said:

Each Queen has on her left flank an Ace, on her right flank a King
    I'll be honest, my first thought with that was "those are weird cutie marks

It seems pretty good, Kex. The attributes could be more properly oppositional, but besides that, everything else is alright.
  • Do you have any suggestions for better attributes? My thoughts and goals with this thing drifted a bit as I conceived it and I think the attribute idea suffered as a result.
  • Vibrance stays. It's a good description for Spring and Summer.

Switch out Compassion with Contemplation, perhaps?

Stagnation's workable. Very Ethan Frome, tbh. 

Cruelty...close, but no cigar. Something that evokes the odd savagery of the wild. Savagery, perhaps.
  • kill living beings
    shitshitshitshitshitshitshit
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    I'm getting reeeeeeaally tired of stupid thinkpieces defending the Bayformers movies without mentioning any of the casual racism and misogyny

or hell just defending them in general
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Stupid link of the day: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/06/rolling-coal-photos-video_n_5561477.html

Why aren't the traffic cops pulling people over when they do this? In Northern Virginia, I'm pretty sure the smoke alone would get you a ticket. (The answer, of course, is that doing this is expensive and stupid, and too few people are actually trying to make it worth rounding them all up. :P)
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
  • kill living beings
    resolve
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    More like: "A guide to labeling men, according to most women, according to men"
  • kill living beings
    an edgy hipster
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    "Wears a fedora" Jeeeez I wonder who made that!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    More like: "a guide to stereotyping women, according to MRAs that don't actually know any women, complete with examples of why this is the case."
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    It's like beating your head on a wall!
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    "Hey guys! I have an idea! You know, we lost our slaves... BUT what if we make this trivial substance illegal so we can jail people and have free labor again!"
    I'm just gonna leave this here:

slavery was made officially illegal but that don't change nothin'
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Embedded image permalink
    lolz
    trolololol
  • This is a tiny plastic Spam Witch. As nervous as a witch and as cross as a bear".she felt so ill one day that she told joand another, in rapid succession. and suddenly and stephen will find he has been too easy little white things on the dining-room floor which burned with a feverish color now: "then Jamie, reposing luxuriously with his head on mac's.
    I ship Dio Brando/Albert Wesker
  • an edgy hipster

humongous bassline
  • humongous bassline

not all men are Jack Nicholson, this is true
  • PIZZA!!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This morning I was feeling so miserable that I literally considered quitting my job over the phone

Thankfully I'm feeling rather better now
  • edited 2014-07-07 12:14:04
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    ... --- --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / - --- .-.. -.. / -- . / - .... .- - / . -... --- --- -.- ... / .- .-. . -. .----. - / .- / - .... .-. . .- - / - --- / .-. . --. ..- .-.. .- .-. / -... --- --- -.- ... --..-- / -... ..- - / - .... . / .- .-. . / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / -- ..- -.-. .... / -.-. .... . .- .--. . .-. / .- -. -.. / .--. . --- .--. .-.. . / .- .-. . / -... ..- -.-- .. -. --. / -... --- --- -.- ... / --- -. / -.- .. -. -.. .-.. . / .. -. ... - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / .-. . .- .-.. / -... --- --- -.- ... .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / --.- ..- .. - . / ... ..- .-. . / .-- .... -.-- / .. / . ...- . .-. / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . -.. / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .. .-. ... - / .--. .-.. .- -.-. . / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... .. ... --..-- / -... ..- - / .. - / ... - .. .-.. .-.. / -... ..- --. ... / -- . .-.-.->
    naney said:

(*evil jeff mangum voice*) I HATE YOU JEEEEESUS CHRIIIIIIST

-. .- -. . -.-- --..-- / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / -.. --- -. .----. - .-.-.-
  • Byakuren said:

"Hey guys! I have an idea! You know, we lost our slaves... BUT what if we make this trivial substance illegal so we can jail people and have free labor again!"

That's just silly, we didn't end slavery... we can still slave prisoners.
  • Aliroz said:

... --- --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / - --- .-.. -.. / -- . / - .... .- - / . -... --- --- -.- ... / .- .-. . -. .----. - / .- / - .... .-. . .- - / - --- / .-. . --. ..- .-.. .- .-. / -... --- --- -.- ... --..-- / -... ..- - / - .... . / .- .-. . / -... . -.-. .- ..- ... . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / -- ..- -.-. .... / -.-. .... . .- .--. . .-. / .- -. -.. / .--. . --- .--. .-.. . / .- .-. . / -... ..- -.-- .. -. --. / -... --- --- -.- ... / --- -. / -.- .. -. -.. .-.. . / .. -. ... - . .- -.. / --- ..-. / .-. . .- .-.. / -... --- --- -.- ... .-.-.- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / --.- ..- .. - . / ... ..- .-. . / .-- .... -.-- / .. / . ...- . .-. / -... . .-.. .. . ...- . -.. / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .. .-. ... - / .--. .-.. .- -.-. . / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... .. ... --..-- / -... ..- - / .. - / ... - .. .-.. .-.. / -... ..- --. ... / -- . .-.-.->

Competition won't inevitably lead to death. Those who like physical copies will still buy physical copies. Mother actually chose the physical copy of a book over the digital one a few days ago.
    physical books are quite nice
  • kill living beings
    fall in love

i did that political compass test thing again, answering honestly this time
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Maybe not, but I don't like competition.

It's probably for the best, though.

I mean, competition forces you to grow stronger.
  • kill living beings
    shocked and appalled at these results
  • CHEESECAKE!
  • kill living beings
    me too
  • edited 2014-07-07 13:08:40
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

humongous bassline

Using the basic groove you have decided upon you are now going to have to choose a bass line that will work as the basis for the whole song, or at least the verse sections. We take it there is no point in us trying to describe what the bass line is in any great detail, but it's the bit in the record that throbs and keeps the flow going. In days gone by it was provided by the bass guitar player, now it is all played by the programmed keyboards. Even if you want it to sound like a real bass guitar, a sampled sound of a bass guitar will be used, then programmed. It's easier than getting some thumb-slapping dick head in.

[...] The great thing about bass lines is that they are in public domain. Nobody, even if they do recognise it, will seriously accuse you of ripping somebody else's bass line off.

From The Manual (How to Have a Number One the Easy Way).
    :(
    big fat bass
    the big fat bass

• edited 2014-07-07 13:12:42

time 2 bass
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

That was back in 1988. These things cycle. Besides, they were describing the creative process that went into this piece of musical genius: