The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Yeah, I think that talking to other trans people would greatly benefit the both of you.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    Last time I did that it wasn't really fun
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    I find people here to be more relatable then any trans chat I've been in.
    That's good. Of course, some of the people here are trans, so that probably has something to do with it.

I don't have much else to say, except to add that talking to other autistic people on here and on IRC has helped me to become more comfortable with myself. 
  • edited 2014-07-06 18:32:55
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Well, maybe it depends on the trans people in particular. I dunno.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS
    It feels like chats that are born for a specific reason aren't as close knitted as chat that seems to have no reason to be. Perhaps it is due to the people keeping the place together as opposed to the topic. People are stronger in that sense.

Fuck, I'm high :|
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    high as a kite
  • I know that talking to Pyrid, Section and the people here later helped me be more comfortable with myself a lot uwu
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    naney said:

people ask why there are so many obese peeps in america and the answer is fuckin portion sizes

That is part of it, yes, but I think it's a hand-in-hand effect with our sedentary society. Although it's admittedly not always practical, it's possible to eat junky and still burn it all off with enough exercise. Take the latter out of the equation, though, and... yeah
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    And the emphasis on convenience and bang for your buck over eating local and eating well.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    In France, they do nothing but eat cheese and wine and sit around in cafe being vaguely miserable at their hopelessly ontic sexual existence, but they are not fat.
    I may be stereotyping
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Granted, I may have worded it poorly, but I did not intend to say that being sedentary is the sole factor here.

Granted, I may have worded it poorly, but I did not intend to say that being sedentary is the sole factor here.

Well I am being silly so
    Odradek said:

In France, they do nothing but eat cheese and wine and sit around in cafe being vaguely miserable at their hopelessly ontic sexual existence, but they are not fat.

The amazing sex, protesting about having to work, minority-baiting and keeping up with their horribly behaved children burns off the calories pretty quickly; and all that red wine, expensive coffee and rich stolen Italian and Belgian French cuisine is really healthy.

Shame on you for being so narrow in your stereotyping!
    Odradek said:

Well I am being silly so
    Point taken :P
  • kill living beings
    against the day

Odradek said:

The amazing sex, protesting about having to work, minority-baiting and keeping up with their horribly behaved children burns off the calories pretty quickly; and all that red wine, expensive coffee and rich stolen Italian and Belgian French cuisine is really healthy.

Shame on you for being so narrow in your stereotyping!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I'll take that as a compliment.

against the day

:o
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

against the day

is a book by Pynchon :)
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    HAY MIKO:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Nope. Still can't comprehend Polnareff's outfit.

He is confident enough in his heterosexuality to be able to wear a strapless top and heart earrings in his quest to find his sister's murderer. We could all learn a lesson from him.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Only UDK aneki should be allowed to portray Marisa (Blind fanboyism)
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
  • Odradek said:

He is confident enough in his heterosexuality to be able to wear a strapless top and heart earrings in his quest to find his sister's murderer. We could all learn a lesson from him.
    No, I get that part. I just don't get how his outfit physically works. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *makes the next poster watch Happy Tree Friends*
    lee4hmz said:

HAY MIKO:

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    yay ^_^
  • Marissa and Reimu are basically the same kind of character concept, just warped differently because of cultural expectations.
  • edited 2014-07-06 20:02:48
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Marissa and Reimu are basically the same kind of character concept,
    just warped differently because of cultural expectations.
    Reimu is kind of a lazy jerk who runs a Shinto shrine she inherited that barely gets any visitors. She is naturally gifted with power and solves incidents but dislikes her job. Marisa is a Japanese girl who is estranged from her family that she doesn't get along with and styles herself as a western witch. She runs a shop that barely gets any customers and solves incidents so she can have fun and "borrow" treasure. Marisa is very smart and works very hard to master magic, but tries to hide this from others. These two are similar in some ways and different in other ways. I'm not sure what you mean?

Odradek said:

No, I get that part. I just don't get how his outfit physically works. 
    Accept that it is beyond comprehension, like the divine.

Also, yes, best lesson.

*makes the next poster watch Happy Tree Friends*

I have seen a few episodes. As standalone things, they're just kind of absurd and sometimes perversely funny, but the joke doesn't work when dragged out to multiple episodes.

Marissa and Reimu are basically the same kind of character concept, just warped differently because of cultural expectations.

CLOCKY!

Where you been?
  • edited 2014-07-06 20:02:25
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ timestamps
  • hi there Counterclock, nice to see you here again
    oh, I wasn't implying that Marisa isn't as much of a jerk as Reimu. :p They both can be jerks.
  • IT'S COUNTERCLOCK

hello

But Reimu can't fire lasers...

the most important
    Both of Marisa's signature laser spells (Master Spark and Non-Directional Laser) are copied from other characters: Yuuka and Patchouli, respectively.
  • Yeah but at the same time Marisa takes that source material and transforms it into something that is entirely her own, while still recognizably coming from another place.

What I'm saying is that Marisa is J Dilla.
  • Celestite by Wolves in the Throne Room
    new WITTR is next level, very deep and chill, y'all should listen to it.
    Welcome back Counterclock!
  • and by chill i mean "chill by normal people standards" not "chill by my standards"
    non-directional cow laser
    Marisa always had her own style, of course. She just "borrows" a lot of her more popular spells, similarly to how she "borrows" a lot of her magic books. :p
  • Miko said:

Marisa always had her own style, of course. She just "borrows" a lot of her more popular spells, similarly to how she "borrows" a lot of her magic books. :p

I am gonna be real with ya Miko basically the only reason I said that was so I could say "Marisa is J Dilla".
    naney said:

and by chill i mean "chill by normal people standards" not "chill by my standards"

aren't WITTR a metal band
    I am gonna be real with ya Miko basically the only reason I said that was so I could say "Marisa is J Dilla".
    ah ^_^
  • edited 2014-07-06 20:23:49

They are a black metal band most of the time, but this time around they're a new age/ambient band because why not
  • ah cool

naney could you pm me that link so I can listen to that later, then