The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, all his photos come up in the main search results, but when I, say, find a picture of a store I'd like to see more pictures of, then decide to search his "Photostream" for more of that store, I get the "no results found" because he's uploaded too many since then.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ABC used to be involved in the music business.

...stupid self not buying WMG when I had the chance!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The grocery section of the one nearest the house resembles this.

The numbers of the grocery aisles are all prefixed with "G", which is a bit annoying because other stores don't do that.
    The one nearest the house doesn't look much like that, at least now.
    The one nearest the house looks very much like this inside.

It originally had that style of signage, too, though the recent remodel replaced them with signs that look nearly identical, but with a more generic typeface.
    That reminded me of Foley's.

Even though my memories of it are vague (it's still there, too; it's called Macy's now; though I believe its old location is now a Dillard's).
    I seem to be overtaken with '90s nostalgia.

I don't know why.
    I'm making another ABC Inc class photo. Making sure to include all the ESPN channels in order to make that lucrative cable portfolio look bigger.
    The random desires to go places have returned.

This time it's a diner in Marion, Ohio called, appropriately enough, the Marion Diner. It's small and it's located in front of Marion Centre (formerly known as Southalnd Mall), and it appears to have once been a fast-food establishment--there are doors on the sides of the building, like you might find in a fast food place, and there is what appears to be a disused drive-thru window on the back of the building.
    ...now I'm thinking of the Chinese restaurant in Aurora that closed around 2002 and has been several things since. I can't quite remember anything specific, though (I think the building is currently vacant).
    let's fall asleep on the radio
    But why?
    advertisers love it
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Looks comfy.
    ...what typeface is that?
    ...For "VIRGINIA" or for the serial?
    The serial.
  • edited 2011-10-22 03:41:46
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a custom design, to have a serif face that doesn't look like shit when embossed like that.
  • edited 2011-10-22 03:43:24
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Some of it looks like TNR to me (like the numerals).

...I want to share this with you, as I love Bold Branding News (weirdly, I'm not sure if the brass is real or synthesized). DAT VAMP:

...I kinda wish I could hear that music without the talking over it.
    Me too.
    So I'm reading some old posts in the Other Heap.

You know, I read YOUR KING and his child's lines as if they're both voiced by the same (male) actor.
    Did this start happening recently?
    Yes, his child used to be voiced by a teenage girl with an affected British accent.

Why do you ask?
    Because I wondered.
    *carves my initials in to the logo of every ABC Inc property*
    Funny, I am still working on my class picture of all/most properties.
    ...that store feels very warehouse-ish now.
    Warehouse-ish. That's a good way to describe it.

It feels a bit more Wal-Mart-like now, albeit nicer than most Wal-Marts.
    It made me think of Target with red and white swapped for blue and grey.
    I can see that, yeah. It's much bigger than a normal Target or a P-Fresh, though, which makes it feel vaguely Wal-Mart-y to me.
    ...Auburn University's athletic "AU" logo reminds me of myself now.
    Heh.

Similarly, I associate "CA" with myself now, despite those not being my initials.
    If we ever switch our avatars to sports logos, you should use a California Angels logo, even if it does look like crap.
    I don't even know what sport they play
    They're the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim now. They play baseball.

And they have a stupidly long name, borne of some constraint that means they have to have "Anaheim" in it.
    ...It's "Los Angeles Angels", y'know, redundant?
    No. Anaheim is a separate municipality, I think.

...you know, I was thinking about how CBS is the confident Blue Oni to Fox's Red Oni, and ABC is the passive Blue Oni to NBC's Red Oni.
  • edited 2011-10-22 18:24:47
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    No, I meant because "Los Angeles" literally means "The Angels". So they're the Angels of the City of the Angels.
    That's where the name comes from!
    I know that!
    Well then.

...DAT OPEN:

I'm amazed at how much mileage they have gotten out of that music.
    INANE NONSENSE
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Does Inane post here? I can't recall.
    No, he doesn't.
    Unfortunately.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    GNASHING OF TEETH