The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Did Imi bite you again?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Maybe. In a non-sexual way.
    I doubt he's into that anyway.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Not into biting. YNTKT
    (insert other b-word reference here)

...MGM has invaded my thoughts again. Something about Mother getting a drug dealer's phone number and me saying that it would have been cool if she got roped into inadvertent adventures in criminality sounding like a movie from them that no one would watch because people don't like them anymore or something
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So, have you heard I'm a Professor of Sweetness Studies at Candy Valley University?

My office is Rainbow Hall, room 423. My office hours are when I feel like it. Yep.
    Is there any other course of study there?
    Of course!

I just can't think of any.
    Tooth Decay 101
    Candy Valley was fun.

...what sorts of things make up the local economy?
    Well, not dentistry. The last of Candy Valley's dentists quit a few years ago...apparently having a law that requires all tooth cleanings to be done with high fructose corn syrup instead of toothpaste was "ridiculous" and "a mockery of all things dentistry stands for" or some whiny thing like that.
    Everybody's teeth must be in horrid shape.
    We apparently have the worst dental health of any city in the nation...the ADA is concerned.
    I crave a road trip.

...This is probably BAD.
    I've been craving a road trip for months now.

Or maybe a road movie.
    ^^Why would it be?

^Where to?
    A long road trip. Say, from the East Coast to the West Coast. Or reverse that, it don't matter.
    Because the last time I was craving a road trip was back in February/March when I was slacking and falling behind on my schoolwork.

...I'm a bit behind on my schoolwork now, though I have planned out the time to catch up this weekend and I'm nowhere near as irredeemably behind as I was back then.
    I keep wanting to go shopping.

See, I should learn to drive. Then I can do this shit on my own volition!
    ...provided you have access to a car and gas, at least.
    Of course.
  • edited 2011-10-21 00:29:15
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The strangest things can trigger the "time is real" thoughts in me.

There is a drawing taped to one of the kitchen cabinets, that my sister drew her first week of kindergarten. It's a drawing of her and my mother and it says "My mom likes me." But the newsprint it's on...it's yellow. A dark yellow.

It's a subtle reminder of just how much time has passed since then--I can clearly remember when my mother taped that up there, and now the paper has yellowed to the point that it almost looks as if it were made that way.
    ...how old is it?
    Let's see, she's 12 now...2004. It's from 2004.

...Seeing my baby sister turn into an almost-teenager is very strange to me.
    Sometimes aging is weird to me.
    Me too.
    Like how I went from a kindergartener to a teenager who among other things wishes he was asexual in seemingly such a short time.
    I still kinda wonder how the hell it is that I'm an adult. It almost, like, feels wrong to me to be as old as I am.
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ENFORCER:

But does Enforcer have arrest powers?
    It tried to arrest WLS, WGN and WMAQ, to no avail.
    You know, yesterday I found myself seriously wanting to become a truck driver.
    You make it sound like a roadgeek dream job.
    ...I do?
    You've said it is at least once.
    Aw, I missed the "time is real" discussion.

Since I'm significantly older than both of you, time is even realer for me. Today I had a mental flashback to a neck I saw around 1995 or so.
    ...what did the neck look like?
    Neck of some kid, a friend of my sister's. Scrawny-looking thing. Not the most impressive neck I've seen. Today I saw that same neck on some kid at Wendy's.
  • edited 2011-10-21 01:41:18
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    1995...I lived in Whitehall, Ohio. Me, my parents, my grandmother, my uncle, and a cat with no name all lived in one side of a duplex.

My room was in the finished attic, which was only accessible through the stairs hidden in my parents' closet. I remember they had lots of records on a shelf in the closet, because I saw them stacked there every time I would leave my room. And the record player was part of a stereo that my parents had set up in my room, mainly because they had nowhere else to put it.

Downstairs was the living room. For a while, at least, we used my grandmother's old green TV as our main TV. It wasn't very reliable, and I have a distinct memory of my uncle complaining about it to my mother because the volume randomly increased while he was watching Animaniacs.
    ^^Do you have any other weird memories?

^Did your uncle like that show?
    I don't know. I can't remember him watching it or mentioning it before or after that.

...Now more memories are coming back. One time my dad tried to buy gas at a nearby Shell station, but the machine wouldn't accept his card. So the clerk called the police, because we all know black men love to steal gas. Then my uncle had to grab enough cash to pay for the gas, then get on his bike and ride up to the gas station, where the police officer apparently reprimanded the clerk for calling the cops over something so stupid.
    I remember when Shell came to the stations nearest the house, which weirded me out.

(They were both Texacos until 2005)
    One time we were on a trip, I had a bad allergic reaction to my aunt's cats so they decided to move me to some other relative's house. Said relative was a devout Catholic and I woke up in a room completely covered with crucifixes and other items of that sort. Kind of unnerved me.

When I was a kid I had a motor-powered water gun but, since I had no friends, I could only go outside and shoot trees and stuff. :(

One time there was a thunderstorm and a tree fell down and broke a table in half. Like, an outdoor table. That we used for outdoor eatings.

That's all for now.
    That last one doesn't seem that weird to me.
  • edited 2011-10-21 01:58:11
    When we moved out here, there was a Shell station not too far from the house. (It was the second closest gas station at the time, though closer ones have been built since.) Then a few years later it became an Exxon, and then in 2009 it became a Turkey Hill--even though the Kroger across the street already had a gas station, albeit a very inconveniently located one.
    Didn't you tell us about the Turkey Hills before? Or at least me
    Yeah, I did.
    I ran out of weird. I need to recharge my weirdness batteries.
    Good night