The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I was thinking earlier about February and March, after we "confirmed" our friendship and became thoroughly platonically infatuated with each other.

The conclusion I came to: friendship is kinda weird, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...and it took us ages to stop worrying about bothering each other.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Heh, yeah.

I'm actually to the point now where I'm comfortable playfully teasing you. (Like the whole "coffee slave" thing)
    ...why does SportsCenter comfort me?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    OFH

Not familiar with this
  • I miss my platonic love interest.

/Sadler
    ^^Old Folks' Home. TVT board that's supposed to be like Yack Fest without shitposting, and takes its name from The Totally Radical Thread for Crotchety Old Bitches.
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADER DOMINATRIXES!!
    My Little Pervert?
  • edited 2011-10-19 18:37:26
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    [CENSORED] is Magic!
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    why did I laugh at that

I've never even watched Hellraiser.
  • edited 2011-10-19 21:17:21
    Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    It's really good. The second is good too, though they mangle Chatterer's design kinda silly in many places. The sequels are pretty much universally garbage.
    Oh yeah, Old Folks Home. Too serious for me.
    I don't know, you said you were gonna be wonderposting from there like a madman...
    ...Why is it when I saw this in the list it said "3 new plural"?
    It said "2 new plural" for me...
    ...Bizarre.
  • edited 2011-10-19 22:04:13
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It said that for me too:

It is mysterious.
    It's stopped now.
    I have a sudden craving for Publix.

I've only been to one; it struck me as a pretty generic grocery store, but I liked it just because it was a store I'd never been to before and those are always cool.
    WHERE'S IMI
    Right here. Got somethin' for me?

i was just wondering where you were.
    Well, it's nice to know someone cares.
    I'm weirdly tired.

...I think I'm tired out from all the work of vacuuming that water out of the basement
    Did your basement flood again?

...also, Imi, have you thought about psychedelia lately?
    It did, yeah. This time it wasn't water seeping in through the ground but rather the sump pump refusing to work unless it's kicked repeatedly.
    Psychedelia? Well, someone at work today mentioned the Doors song "People Are Strange" which got me thinking about when I used to listen to all that psychedelic 60s music. I guess that counts.

And also it's doing that "plural" thing again.
    ...and after I posted that the sump pump started running by itself. Nice.

^ It only seems to do the "plural" thing when there's more than one new post.
    And it started doing it yesterday.

I don't understand why.
    So it seems that the Futura-laden Wal-Mart decor is actually a lot more recent than I thought. It appears to have been the last decor package they used before the 2008 rebrand meant slathering everything in bright colors and Myriad.
    How recent?
    Well, apparently the Wal-Mart on Morse Road that has it was remodeled in 2007; I had mistakenly assumed that it was the original 1994 decor.

The fact that the store wasn't a Supercenter in 1994 and the grocery section's signage matches perfectly should have tipped me off.

...You know, I think I actually knew it had been remodeled at some point, but I'd forgotten because I rarely visit that particular store.
    ...I remember the Wal-Mart in Aurora having Myriad everywhere since at least 2007, or maybe its opening in 2005.

Vague memories.
    The one on Morse Road looks something like this inside now.

The one on Taylor Road Extension originally had decor resembling this, but it's since been updated with the post-2008 design.
    ...ITC Stone Sans.

My mind thought it was Myriad.
    Same here. Part of the reason I looked up those pictures was that I kept picturing the signs with Myriad, even though I knew that was wrong.

Don't you hate it when memories lie to you?

(Incidentally, I never knew the name of that typeface before)
    YES I DO

Also, my mind associates the ITC Stone superfamily with textbooks.
    You know what the best part is? From now on when we talk about Wal-Mart I'll be able to say "the Futura decor" or "the ITC Stone Sans decor" or "the Myriad decor" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

...It's weird to think that the Taylor Road Wal-Mart has been there since 1999. It feels a lot more recent than that, somehow. (It opened shortly after my family moved to this suburb)
    My mind seems to have no memory of when the land the shopping center the Green Wal-Mart occupies was all just a field.
    I have no memory of the Taylor Road/SR 256 area before it was developed because the development had already started by the time we'd moved out here.

I do, though, have a memory of the time when the nearby Meijer and everything around it was a complete wooded area though. Coming out the main road you would have to turn left at this little rural-looking intersection to go up a rural-looking road, then after a minute or so you came out of the woods and our then-new subdivision was on the right.
    My area wasn't wooded, I don't think.
  • edited 2011-10-20 17:44:34
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    WAKE UP THREAD
    ...I think I've posted this before, but whatever:

WHICH IS BEST?

Probably the third.
    That's what I thought, too. The first one is based on the existing sign, which is admittedly pretty typical of ODOT signage for an exit like that, but none of the signage for that exit mentions the road name.

The thing is, most people, when giving directions, would either say "take the Gender Road exit" or "take the Canal Winchester exit". No one would ever say "take the Ohio 674 exit". So if it were up to me, I would consider the route number to be the "superfluous" information, rather than the name, but it seems ODOT, in rural areas at least, always prefers route numbers to road names even when it doesn't make sense.
    I'm binging news opens.
    ...Time is real.

All we have to do is blink and it will be 2015...