The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    your manager's just an asshole
    although, to be fair, people falsify returns every 10 seconds or so.

humanity has no decency
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah he sound like a jerk.

"I'd like to return these. I lost the receipt but I know I bought them here."
    "I don't think we can do that, ma'am"
    "Why not?"
    "Well, those are from Staples and this is OfficeMax."

seen this multiple times
  • Crystal said:

Yeah he sound like a jerk.

Yo thanks

• actual thing I said while clicking something: "is this a fart thread?"

(it was not a fart thread, whatever that was supposed to mean in my head.)
  • cue an actual fart thread in 3... 2...

(whatever a fart thread is. a precursor to a shitpost thread? a tmi thread discussing farts? pro8a8ly the former)
  • There is riffraff on the premises!

No Magenta, though.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I called off work due to thumb pain >_<
  • I may not always get on with my hair, but even I can't deny that loose curly hair makes for effortless messy ponytails. 
  • tbh if you're really good at messy ponytails you might be the true actual samurai
  • I don't even have to try. I just tie my hair back, loosen the sides strands of my hair and done. 
  • Unrelated note: I'm installing a trance album onto my iPod.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMeNT: As of June 1st, 2014, we're officially banning any users who think the Iraq War was a bad idea
  • Toolsie said:

I don't even have to try. I just tie my hair back, loosen the sides strands of my hair and done. 

true

actual

samurai

Plus note to self: Get a fucking hair cut. 
    Daffodil is such an ugly looking word to me. Pretty flower though.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Daffodil sounds like a cholesterol drug.
    It just makes me think of Daffy Duck
  • Speaking of my hair, I'm getting my hair dyed tomorrow.

Dark red at my roots fading into bright red at my tips.
    Nice.
  • That's the plan, anyway.

Getting it done professionally because no fucking way am I attempting to do it myself.
  • was going through my blog, noticed that a battle jacket I reblogged had an NSBM patch on the pocket oooooops
  • I used to do messy ponytails sometimes when my hair was long enough to ponytail. I'd leave a piece out on either side and pull the rest back.

Looked really cool. Sometimes I did a messy bun, too.  Or a messy braid.

Sometimes I miss having long hair and being able to flip it and stuff. Days when it is 90+ degrees Fahrenheit and I think about how thick my hair is are not one of those times.
  • but man when it was long did I do a hell of a Vriska hairflip.
  • I'm trying to grow out my hair right now

but right now I am at an awkward state where it looks like scene hair >~>
  • I need to get the back of mine cut again.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    "Episode One, Kyoto, Japan, 2455 C.E.
    Daikatana's first episode is set in far future, techno-industrial Japan. Your quest begins in Kage Mishima's man-made swamp. The vast majority of your attackers in Kyoto are Mishima's robotic security forces, with some extra help from human guards. They often possess lethal ranged laser bullet strikes, so you will usually be safest at a distance ducking behind obstructions.

Many of the massive robots, though deadly, are quite slow. Stay on the move to avoid the crushing robotic fists of the RageMaster. If you can circle strafe quickly enough, the Disruptor Glove packs quite a tough electric punch and will shatter most robots with a few hits.

Weapon Notes:
    The Ion Blaster is a great distance weapon, but discharges in water for extra damage. If you plan on using it in the Marsh or other watery areas, make sure you are on the bank! Anytime you jump into liquid, switch to another weapon to avoid self-inflicted bodily harm.

Episode Two, Ancient Greece, 1200 B.C.E.
    The mythical beasts of Ancient Greece employ mainly melee attacks. Stay a step away to maintain the advantage in battle. Fight each enemy as you encounter it, rather than running. The beasts will hound you through the entire level until the swarm is powerful enough to overtake your defenses. Trying to run usually results in being trapped against the rocks by a mass of attacking spiders, skeletons, thieves, and satyrs.

Your chances are always better one-on-one, so slash them to pieces as you find them. Use the rocky landscape to your advantage. If you're being chased, run backwards, firing at them.

Weapon Notes:
    Though a single discus serves as another basic melee weapon, it can be built into a rather deadly tool. You cannot throw a discus again until it has retunred to your hands. Collect as many discuses as possible for a more potent, rapid-fire device.

Episode Three, Dark Ages, Norway, 560 C.E.
    Mystical creatures abound in the dank dungeons of Dark Ages Norway. The magical assaults of these dispossessed beings and wizards can be quite unpredictable. Rotworms attack with poisonous spit and Fletchers with bow and arrow.

Wyndrax the Wizard will unleash his magical wisps as Stavros the Sorcerer summons meteors from the nether dimensions. Two of the creatures in this era must be gibbed once killed, or else they will return to life and attack again. The rotting Buboid is one of these creatures. Gib his corpse with any weapon. Be careful not to turn your back; the Buboid can melt into the ground and reappear nearby. To rid yourself of the Lycanthir permanently, it must also be gibbed, but only with the dreaded Silverclaw.

Weapon Notes:
    The Ballista is a powerful weapon against all foes. Use it to pin your target to the nearest wall. The now-immobilized organism has little chance against your ranged attacks while trapped. It can also be used to perform a "Ballista Jump." To execute, run forward, look down, fire the Ballista and jump at the same time to sail high above the ground.

Episode Four, San Francisco, 2030 C.E
    Futuristic, torn-down San Francisco is not a friendly environment, nor are its inhabitants. As you get closer to Mishima you will face seemingly endless Navy S.E.A.L.s, Sharks, and even escaped Lab Monkeys. Quick melee attacks will not stun them, so keep your distance and fight them in small groups. Keep an eye on your sidekicks' health. You will need their help to reach and defeat Kage Mishima.

Weapon Notes:
    The Slugger, weapon number two, has an alternate Cordite Grenade attack. To select it, press the Slugger key a second time. These little bombs unleash a mini-explosion on their targets.

Experience Points
    Experience points are gained each time you kill a creature. Each time you reach the number of points necessary to level up you will be given the option to add a skill point to one of the five categories: Power, attack, speed, acro, or vitality. Your current level is shown on the status bar in the right-hand window. Just to the left of the image of the body is a small experience point status bar. Once the bar reaches the top and all ten notches are filled, you will be able to level up and add a skill point. Specializing in one or two specific skills is highly recommended. The more monsters you kill, the more experience you get, so slaughter away and get smarter!

The daikatana itself can also gain experience and become powered up to level five. Daikatana experience points are gained in the same way as regular experience points: by killing creatures. The more you use the sword the more powerful it becomes. At level five the daikatana will slash even the strongest of enemies to gibs in an instant. Take note, however, when using the daikatana all experience points go to the sword and cannot be applied to boost skills! Accessing the game scoreboard shows the daikatana's current level. As an extra added bonus, the daikatana does double damage when slicing an unsuspecting enemy from behind.

Mikiko and Superfly
    Superfly and Mikiko will join you at different points in the game. Sometimes you will battle alone, at other times only one of your companions will be arround to help, and on occasion both will be in on the action. Both sidekicks will automatically perform the tasks necessary to follow you.

The will defend your party whenever possible, pick up health and ammo, and aid you in exploring unfamiliar territory. There are some basic commands available to help you keep your cohorts in check. Each of these commands can be accessed in the sidekick control menu, or bound to a single key in the main Keyboard menu.

To tell Mikiko or Superfly to get an item, point at the item with your crosshair and use the GET button. They will follow by design, but can be told to STAY.

If your friends are really hurting and you wish them to stay back, the BACK OFF command will keep them from attacking and taking further damage when in battle.

Though it is conceivable that you could fight through a level and later return to get your sidekicks, it is highly recommended to bring them with you into battle to begin with. Their help can prove invaluable in the long run."
  • kill living beings

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.

i guess i have a favorite bible passage now
  • edited 2016-07-27 00:26:41
    kill living beings
    also, the original context of "What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them." seems to be, at least literally, that Jesus said it was fine to eat without washing your hands first as was the tradition at the time

i can't endorse Jesus's reckless attitude to food safety tbh.

(i saw this quoted to support "drugs are okay, or at least not a particularly terrible sin")

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them.

i guess i have a favorite bible passage now
    The disciples are fucking dolts. They miss the point of obvious parables, they never get the point no matter how many miracles Jesus does, and they fuck up all the time.
  • kill living beings
    he's just like

are you fucking kidding me dude, this is not hard
  • At least he didn't say "It's not my job to educate you, shitlord"
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    So Tachyon's out readjusting their schedule and just getting away from the Internet, so who do I have to ask about their informed opinion on George Galloway?
  • (*shares apple caramel taffy with everyone*)
  • edited 2016-07-27 01:46:26
    kill living beings

So Tachyon's out readjusting their schedule and just getting away from the Internet, so who do I have to ask about their informed opinion on George Galloway?

seems like kind of a douche

i mean, low value of "informed" here, but he seems to love stupid fights like this
    Jesus wept
  • (*shares apple caramel taffy with everyone*)

thank
    Why is "The Boys Are Back In Town" a meme now?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

Why is "The Boys Are Back In Town" a meme now?

Of course they had to make the worst Powerpuff Girls episode a meme
  • kill living beings
    because dril
    because Thin Lizzy rocks
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    hi guys

can i get your advice on something?

i'm trying to install Windows 10 and idk whether i should get the express install or custom

(i need to decide fast, i need to go to bed soon if i am to get any sleep before work at all)
    Definitely custom, unless you don't mind going through after the fact and disabling a bunch of annoying things

For example, the default option reserves space in the Start menu to advertise Windows Store apps to you
    hi Jane

thanks CA, i will try that

i have my computer working!  kinda

the case fans aren't working at all for some reason, i need to figure what's up with that

but otherwise it's running and stuff
  • edited 2016-07-27 05:38:58
    kill living beings
    probably loose wires or the power isn't gettin there or something. no big
    yeah i'll figure it out hopefully, probably not rn tho

how are you guys?
    A little of the good, a little of the bad.

For example, last week (a) Mother found us a house to move into, and (B) I broke my thumb in an industrial accident.

So...yeah.