The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Wanna play around with vintage computer viruses?

Don't worry; it's safe--they removed the destructive routines from all of them, just leaving the amusing payloads. Plus it's all DOS stuff, so unless you're running Windows 98 or something this wouldn't run on your modern PC anyways.
  • I'm redoing sections of my story. Yay!
  • My parents may be coming round tomorrow, my room is a shit tip, and all I've done is just write all evening.

Worth it. 
  • BEATEN MY OLD NANOWRIMO WORD COUNT 

FUCK YES
  • Currently stranded on the highway. Rad.
  • Battery died, waiting on mom to answer so I can have enough insurance information to get the car towed.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    :(
  • About to get towed. With any luck it's not an issue with alternator, although luck clearly isn't my strong suit.
  • :hugs:

that blows, man. Hopefully things will work themselves out :[
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It really does. Stay safe, dude.
  • I just fucking got my paycheck too. SIIIIIGH

At least it's only the second time this has happened.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Kex: That happened to me a few weeks ago. The belt on my alternator came loose and it wasn't charging the battery and it died on me on the freeway.

So, uh, I feel your pain.
  • Let's hope beyond hope that it's the belt and not the entire damn thing.

Otherwise there goes me paying back @thenamelesssamurai and Lee for at least another two weeks.
  • I can handle a shitty evening but being broke *again* is just so much
    I got kinda lucky in that my car, being a 1991 model, was old enough that it had a separate belt for the alternator instead of running it from the serpentine belt.

That said, I do need to get my belt tensioner replaced now that I have money to do so.
  • Oh the joys of flat mates banging on doors when I'm trying to get some sleep. Fun times.
  • I'm having a bad day

Coming home to an empty apartment doesn't help
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Excerpt from a script for medieval infomercial

Black and white shot of PAINED GRANDMOTHER writing in the flames of Purgatory

Black and white shot of SAD DEAD SON waiting for his entry to Heaven amidst the fire of Purgatory.

Black and white shot of DESPAIRING RELATIVE feeling sad contemplating this.

DESPAIRING RELATIVE: There has to be a better way!

Color shot of POPE LEO X walking into frame in a lovely cathedral

POPE LEO X: There IS a better way.
    This was the best post I ever made

It was all downhill from here
    Ship from:
    GRENER ALICORN COMPUTER SUPPLY
    7870 W CHAMBERLAIN AVE
    QUEEN CITY CENTRALIA

Ship to:
    ALICORN SYSTEMS LTD.
    ATTN: JANICE HENDERSON
    1999 E UNIVERSITY AVE
    COLERAIN CENTRALIA
  • wait, is NaNoWriMo not November anymore?

coulda swore
    I remember NaNoWriMo! It was something the would-be writers on TvT did when every year they hated their mental health and wanted a reason to feel anxiety and self-loathing.
  • i remember that well
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I like the idea of NaNoWriMo.

You shouldn't use it as a hard guideline, however.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I never did NaNoWriMo because I intended to write year-round, which never more than kinda happened
  • I never did it because it's in November.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    NaNoWriMo scares me
    It shouldn't. It's just a silly thing people do either as a personal challenge or just to get themselves to write.
  • I did do NaNo, but had to stop because of severe stress, and ended up deleting big chunks of it because I wasn't happy with it.

Now that my stress levels, whilst still very high, are a bit lower, I returned to my story and began writing more of it, and finally caught up to where I was before my mad deleting session.
  • I'm now at 24,005 words, instead of the 24,003 words I've been on since mid November.

And most of it has been rewrites and stuff like that.
  • kill living beings
    if i was going to go full weeb and give myself a japanese username it would be "mushiya". also i am damaged
  • edited 2016-02-12 10:13:40
    ಠ_ಠ
    One of my flat mates has his mates round.

Good thing my parental units are coming round today and we're going out with the dog for a walk, and then I'm going home for the weekend.

Though I probably should get out of bed...
  • today i stood on the edge of a waterfall, walked through a railway tunnel, wandered out into the mountains and generally felt like i was in a studio ghibli film, i had such a nice time. and then getting back home was three hours of PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION HELL and now i hate the world again. how was your day
  • Uh, are any of the American guys online?
  • If you change my gender and nationality, then sure.
    Je suis American
    OUAI, JE SUIS AMÉRICAIN!

*shakes hand with imperial aggression*
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • How reasonable does $100,000 for a place big enough for two people to live in sound to you guys?
    That's the price for an actual house. With at least two bedrooms, a bathroom and a yard.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

That's the price for an actual house. With at least two bedrooms, a bathroom and a yard.

holy hell what even are american house prices
  • kill living beings
    i mean, you might remember we destroyed the economy because of them earlier
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.

See, the thing here is that our bubble still hasn't burst. $500000 is not an unusual price for an house over here.
  • a...yard.

really
  • and real estate prices here are much lower than ones there...

See, the thing here is that our bubble still hasn't burst. $500000 is not an unusual price for an house over here.
    This is part of the reason why my family isn't living in Scotland right now. I am entirely serious.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Picked up my medication for the cholesterol stuff today

I hate reading side effects though because they may as well say "this might kill you"