The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Acererak said:

a...yard.

really
    Depends on who's selling and where it is. A large house with a lot of land can set you back $500,000 or more, but a small house sold at a sheriff's sale can go for less than $10,000.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The money spent on buying a house would pay our current rent for 70 years, it's amazing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Envy is easily the least enjoyable of the Seven Sins
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Envy is easily the least enjoyable of the Seven Sins

'tis
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

If you change my gender and nationality, then sure.

I intend to do both, so anything's possible. :P
  • Oriental Nicety, formerly Exxon Valdez, Exxon Mediterranean, SeaRiver Mediterranean, S/R Mediterranean, Mediterranean, and Dong Fang Ocean
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    BREAKING NEWS: Princess Alice embraces democracy, albeit about something that doesn't matter much

But still...

VOTE NOW!

• Subjecting my parents to My Chemical Romance on a long drive home

Because reasons
    I went to Buckeye Donuts and got some doughnuts and coffee.

It was pretty nice.
    Darwin's Kids Doodled All Over His "Origin of Species" Manuscript

The kid who drew this did end up getting knighted
  • Kiiiiiiinjaaaaaaaaa
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    one day soon someone is going to find me lying dead from second-hand embarrassment with SKINS playing over Netflix
    UK or US
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    UK
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I think it's time for Mobile Ponytails: Iron-Blooded Goddamns before a bit of schoolwork, or something low-effort.
    The Cheevos movie will cover Bboy360 breaking 100k Xbox Cheevos(gamerscore) and meeting a top gamer girl in a club (Filmed in hollywood).  Will he find love, or will it just be awkard.  What happens when famous gamers like Stallion83 (Gamerscore leader) will show up. Will Bboy360 become jealous of Stallion83?  Will the gamer girl leave Bboy360 to go after Stallion83?  Will Bboy360's breakdancing impress the gamer girl enough to make up for his lower gamerscore? This is all part of the movie plot.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anonus said:

UK or US

US
    (2015 self)
    Anyways, does anyone else here like Psych?

I think it has the same sense of a really small cast that the writers know exactly how to write that Ed, Edd, and Eddy had.
    (2015 self)
    Triplepost
    Aliroz said:

Anyways, does anyone else here like Psych?

I think it has the same sense of a really small cast that the writers know exactly how to write that Ed, Edd, and Eddy had.
    I liked that show, the characters were fun.

I know did they did a Twin Peaks parody for one episode, and even got the actress who played Audrey on as a suspect.
  • kill living beings
    i saw a few episodes. fun show i guess.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it is really fucking cold
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i feel really weird

like my fingers are huge and bloated, and the keys are chunky and heavy

keep making typos

and it feels like my head is moving around, although i'm sat still here
    Tachyon said:

i feel really weird

like my fingers are huge and bloated, and the keys are chunky and heavy

keep making typos

and it feels like my head is moving around, although i'm sat still here

Try drinking some water maybe?
    I took the Pottermore test again and got Gryffindor this time

I am not a Gryffindor

Honestly I feel like I belong in Slytherin
    we lack a general introspection thread, presumably because who cares?

i was gonna post about how (naney's thread reminded me) i'm, like, REALLY bad at banter, i completely can't do it at all, i panic mentally and literally freeze up irl, or force out an awkward response that always gets a weird look

i think it's for the same reason i really suck at making puns.  lack of quick verbal wit.

i was gonna stick this in odd confessions but then i realized it's probably kinda obvious just from talking to me?  though forums maybe mask it somewhat, idk.  one reason i like forums more than IRC, tbh, and that detail could have been an Odd Confession i guess
    Incidentally, taking the test over and over again until you get what you want is a very Slytherin thing to do.
  • edited 2016-02-13 03:00:12
    I think a lot of people sympathize more with Slytherin because Rowling always gave them a raw deal in the books. Until Slughorn every one we've ever seen was kind of a dick.
    i never sympathised with Slytherin and for the longest time felt baffled by and a bit wary of people who acted like they were sympathetic, or like Gryffindors were unsympathetic

i drank some water but i don't feel any different

i could be dehydrated i guess, it was very hot in the kitchen at work, the AC is still busted i think

i feel like i'm trying to move much faster than i can physically move, or like i'm suddenly really slow, not sure which
    I was literally tweeting earlier about how sad I am that I can't literally rule the world as a totalitarian dictatorship so I feel like that's more in keeping with Slytherin than Gryffindor

Just sayin'
    i'm not doubting you i just, dunno really

as far as i remembered Slytherin were mostly just evil, and in the later books Rowling injected some grey in there to make them seem more credible but mostly it went unchallenged
  • edited 2016-02-13 03:10:03

Tachyon said:

i'm not doubting you i just, dunno really

as far as i remembered Slytherin were mostly just evil, and in the later books Rowling injected some grey in there to make them seem more credible but mostly it went unchallenged

the thing is that they were like, so Plain Evil early on that it strained credulity for some people, so then when she tried to add some shades of grey to it later on everyone pounced on it
    I should take the test
    Harry Potter's ok but he's no Knight Rider
    Knight Rider, who is owned by COMCAST
    :P
    what the fuck does comcast have to do with anything
    Anyway, I took the quiz

I got 79% Hufflepuff, 70% Gryffindor, 61% Ravenclaw, and 53% Slytherin
    i didn't get along with most kids and my experience was they could be very cruel

i saw too much of that in Slytherin to question their portrayal, at the age i was when i first started reading those books
    (2015 self)

I was literally tweeting earlier about how sad I am that I can't literally rule the world as a totalitarian dictatorship so I feel like that's more in keeping with Slytherin than Gryffindor

Just sayin'
    I have the same feelings.

Have you ever tried NationStates?  It's the next best thing to actually ruling as a totalitarian dictatorship.
  • NationStates was the greatest thing when I was twelve.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I am hip and with the kids now.
    the idea of occupying a position of real power scares me

too much could go wrong
  • kill living beings
    well, then don't. problems: solved!
    well i don't!

it's not a problem, it was just an opinion which i decided to post