The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    commmemeism:    killtonyabbott:    I take back anything negative I said about right wing memes    i saw this meme and now im not a communist anymore
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

I learned today that one of the people I work with is one of the 2500 Luiseno people and of them one of the less than fifty who can speak the language.

Coooool!

One good thing is that people are actually teaching their kids and others this language, so it may well survive or even expand in the future.
  • Trying out my new speakers.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wish Everett True were here, because there's a lady who needs her cell phone confiscated and thrown out the window.
    We need him now more than ever.

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    There are six zillion places on campus where you could make phone calls, why would you choose a closed computer lab? >:(
  • I've been overcome by a sudden urge to just do absolutely everything. I was to play on my PS3, I want to design a mansion in The Sims 3, I want to write more of my story, I want to clean my room, I want to do lab report writing, I want to do some art, I want to just lay on my bed listening to music from my speakers...

Help
    Toolsie said:

I've been overcome by a sudden urge to just do absolutely everything. I was to play on my PS3, I want to design a mansion in The Sims 3, I want to write more of my story, I want to clean my room, I want to do lab report writing, I want to do some art, I want to just lay on my bed listening to music from my speakers...

Help
    Manic Centie.txt
  • Never mind, got some exam results back.

I passed, but not very well.

I now just want to curl in my bed and cry
  • At the minute, it's looking like I need to do something to cheer myself up.
  • At least I got marks on everything, and managed to get a pass. And I was only 2% off a 2:2
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    A pass is a pass.  You did good, it's a tough course.

Plus there's still the coursework, right?  Exams don't really demonstrate you working to your full potential.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Re: Kanye: We already knew he has a tendency to act impulsively and regret it later, and a tendency to profess strong opinions about things he knows nothing about.

Still made a lot of good music, which is what he's famous for.
  • edited 2016-02-10 19:31:31
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Princess Meredith

Full name:    Her Royal Highness Meredith, Princess Emeritus of the Magically Wondrous Principality of Centralia and Island Territories (1980-present)
    Born:     14 July ????, Edge City, Asteria
    Occupation:     Retired head of state, extraterrestrial rights activist
    Residence:     The Mother Shipton Institute for the Magically Unstable, Shipton Township, Centralia
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    ET needs rights too
    Power = Work / Time

Knowledge is Power.

Time is Money.

Thus:
    Money = Work / Knowledge

What did we learn from this?

Given some work, the more knowledge you have, the less money you'll get.
    My mechanical engineering professor told us that one this morning. I thought it was funny.

http://comicsalliance.com/bizarre-adventures-jojo-phantom-blood-review/

I love the smell of a flamewar in the morning

Or I don't
    Who could hate based speedwagon?
    It has the same problem with AV Club's Hatesong articles, where having two people actually detracts from understanding why the authors feel the way they do.

When two people are in a dialogue, and they disagree, it can be interesting and provide perspective on how each feels as they defend their position. If one person is writing about their opinion, they will need to explain themselves to a hypothetical audience who won't initially know why they feel this way.

When two people agree deeply, you're lucky if you can catch why as surface opinions bounce back and forth through the echo chamber
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal-Vegetable-Mineral_Man

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    latest
  • Bought myself a non-uni hoodie today. It's blue and has a white zip up the front and white toggle things at the hood. It's also a men's large and this fits me length ways and the sleeves are long enough.
  • The joys of being lanky
    lankiness
  • I'm 5'8"/5'9", so lankiness is to expected
    I'm 6'3" and kinda lanky, yeah

it's great
  • My brother is 6'4", and I got some hand-me-downs hoodies from him.

They completely swamp me.

-brings an axe to chop down the giants-

• I might have mentioned this recently but I adore this theme. It's just so wonderfully atmospheric and "wet" sounding.
    I like this one, personally

• I wonder why Majora's Mask had such a huge soundtrack. Ocarina of Time wouldn't reserve such a unique theme for such a small location.
    They reused music from OoT, so maybe that provided the opportunity to add more new music as well? I dunno
    I'm 5'6"

I always feel like men are towering over me
  • I figure the asset flipping helped significantly

I just wonder if it was an intentional focus? Most of the reused music was rather incidental- Guru Guru's theme, the interior of a house, the shop theme, and Malon Ranch are the only ones I can think of.
  • I find it funny that my sister may be slightly taller than me, but I have bigger boobs than her.
    You are superior where it counts, Tools.
    Kexruct said:

I figure the asset flipping helped significantly

I just wonder if it was an intentional focus? Most of the reused music was rather incidental- Guru Guru's theme, the interior of a house, the shop theme, and Malon Ranch are the only ones I can think of.
    I'm pretty sure there are other ones but I'm having trouble thinking of them.
  • Goron theme, Zora theme

okay, maybe not so incidental after all
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    the zoron, swimming rocks
    sometimes I think it's unfortunate that there's only one side-scrolling Zelda game and it's, uh, not really that well-loved.

Hey guys

This is my sister's band playing in a competition recently

If this video gets the most likes, they get to move on to the finals

So...please like the video!
    looks like the guitarist has the same guitar I do
    the one on the left, I mean
  • sometimes I think it's unfortunate that there's only one side-scrolling Zelda game and it's, uh, not really that well-loved.

I have a good deal of affection for it, mainly because it's one of the few early experiments in genre blending that gas aged well

Halfway into page 6996 and no Homestuck gags or sex puns? Shame.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well I'm posting on it now, and by virtue of being into dank scumbag memes, I have basically already fulfilled the latter part. So there.
    Also:

Highly relevant.
  • Kexruct said:

sometimes I think it's unfortunate that there's only one side-scrolling Zelda game and it's, uh, not really that well-loved.

I have a good deal of affection for it, mainly because it's one of the few early experiments in genre blending that gas aged well

I realize this is a typo but now I'm trying to imagine what "gas aging" is.

It doesn't sound pleasant.
  • also hey hey I forget if I said so but my new album comes out on Friday.