Over the years this kid

who knocked his teeth out this time?
    AliceMitchellBathOne375.jpg

Evolved into this kid'

the answer is, no we don't
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    villain decay
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I'm glad to see that someone has read Harry Potter. Did you get a copy in Great Britain? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone(title changed slightly) will be available in the United States this Fall at your local bookseller. It is one of the finest books for this age group(8-12) that I have read in a long while. The characters, dialogue, and adventures are unforgettable!

Spread the word!
    Reading Usenet is kinda surreal.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    MachSpeed said:

You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! 

• kill living beings

I'm glad to see that someone has read Harry Potter. Did you get a copy in Great Britain? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone(title changed slightly) will be available in the United States this Fall at your local bookseller. It is one of the finest books for this age group(8-12) that I have read in a long while. The characters, dialogue, and adventures are unforgettable!

Spread the word!
    Reading Usenet is kinda surreal.
    this is what it was like when i read it
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the art for US Dennis was way, WAY nicer in the old days
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Embedded image permalink
  • Eridan's Theme just popped into my head for no reason whatsoever (Homestuck music does this sometimes but it's usually like... Umbral Ultimatum or something) and for some reason I find this hilarious.

it's the kind of music that kinda does that anyway.

lol Eridan tho
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Time to start school again.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

MachSpeed said:

You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! You fucked up! 

YOU FUCKING NAZI WHORE
    YOU FUCKED UP
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA—
  • kill living beings
    I know a bunch of science shit so I gotta get something off my chest.

All kinds of shit about bugs. I know a lot of shit about bugs. Emerald cockroach wasps and those things that incest-fuck in utero. Littler things like those bugs that have millions of parasites instead of limbs. That doesn't matter. That's nothing. Epileptical hypersynchronization? Nothing. Halting problem? Wannabe motherfucker. Sodium only being a necessary mineral for animals? Who gives a fuck.

What's fucked up is magnets. Magnetism, just, everything about it, it's fucked up. It is the ultimate weird science fact.

One: It's a product of relativity. If you change reference frames, you can make any magnetic force into a regular old opposites-attract electric Coulomb force. It's just that the charges are, in your original reference frame, moving pretty fast.

Two: It's a product of quantum physics. Ferromagnetism, that is, having a solid "magnetic object" instead of just electromagnets, is impossible in classical mechanics. I mean, yeah, so are lots of things, but this is one that people were aware of thousands of years ago.

So what the fuck is it? Bullshit. Practically imaginary. Moving things really fast in a circle gets you weird forces. It's useful so we can use it but it's bullshit. It's like a video game glitch. "Oh, yeah, there's no speed limit in midair, so if you hop around a lot you go faster." "Oh, yeah, if you spin the electricity around you can use it to charge your phone without a cable." Bull. Shit.

Fucking magnets.
  • So what the fuck is it? Bullshit. Practically imaginary. Moving things really fast in a circle gets you weird forces. It's useful so we can use it but it's bullshit. It's like a video game glitch. 

(*popsci journo voice*) Matrix confirmed.
  • So I've heard, everything to do with universal force in Physics is weird as hell

isn't gravity supposed to not work on a small enough scale? What's the deal with that?
    fucking magnets
  • kill living beings

So I've heard, everything to do with universal force in Physics is weird as hell

isn't gravity supposed to not work on a small enough scale? What's the deal with that?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Gravity has basically negligible effect on anything at the atomic scale, but that's just because stuff at that scale doesn't weigh very much, so the nuclear forces and electromagnetism take over.
  • kill living beings
    It's great though. You can learn all about how everything is bullshit.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

All kinds of shit about bugs. I know a lot of shit about bugs. Emerald cockroach wasps and those things that incest-fuck in utero. Littler things like those bugs that have millions of parasites instead of limbs. That doesn't matter. That's nothing. Epileptical hypersynchronization? Nothing. Halting problem? Wannabe motherfucker. Sodium only being a necessary mineral for animals? Who gives a fuck.

What's fucked up is magnets. Magnetism, just, everything about it, it's fucked up. It is the ultimate weird science fact.

One: It's a product of relativity. If you change reference frames, you can make any magnetic force into a regular old opposites-attract electric Coulomb force. It's just that the charges are, in your original reference frame, moving pretty fast.

Two: It's a product of quantum physics. Ferromagnetism, that is, having a solid "magnetic object" instead of just electromagnets, is impossible in classical mechanics. I mean, yeah, so are lots of things, but this is one that people were aware of thousands of years ago.

So what the fuck is it? Bullshit. Practically imaginary. Moving things really fast in a circle gets you weird forces. It's useful so we can use it but it's bullshit. It's like a video game glitch. "Oh, yeah, there's no speed limit in midair, so if you hop around a lot you go faster." "Oh, yeah, if you spin the electricity around you can use it to charge your phone without a cable." Bull. Shit.

Fucking magnets.

What an amazing post.
  • I can see that everything's a load of crock without getting in close and straining my eyes.

isn't that what politics are for?
    life's a piece of shit

when you look at it
  • kill living beings
    Yeah but science lets you think that for incomprehensible reasons.

"So you see, we should ban people on SNAP from eating cheese" "DON'T YOU KNOW CHEESE IS JUST BACTERIA SHIT"
  • So, I think my cold might have morphed into tonsillitis. One side of the back of my mouth just is in pain pretty much at all times and it hurts to swallow food (though not as bad if it was yesterday). If this is still causingme pain tomorrow I'm going to the doctor.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    good luck
  • Haven said:

so i got fallout NV on new year's eve (started playing around 10 pm) and according to steam i've played it for 70 hours so far

which means that i've been playing it literally the majority of my waking hours during 2016

good year so far
    Yeah, that sounds like the Fallout experience all right. How far into the story are you?
    Every time I see mention of 'Drop Pop Candy' all I can think about is the "Sans Cover" of that song and how fucking awful it is because of what it is.

Do you want to hear a two-bit "hurr hurr hurr hurr" drone over a lyric-heavy, energetic song? Because I fucking don't.
  • I'd describe sans' talkingclip as more of a hnrhnnnhnnrhnhnnnhrn
    That's way more accurate!

• People seem to be upset about this. 

But this seems pretty glorious tbh. 
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    how could anyone be upset about that
  • edited 2016-01-13 11:51:50
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei as a concept feels like a fever dream.

And it's set in Harajuku? The main characters are popstars and idols?

Life is stranger than fiction, so they say.
    i always interpreted sans' voice as like this really dumb, goofy chuckle
    not Goofy's chuckle, though, that's different
  • So there's this girl on Facebook who is try to lose weight and gain a six pack.

She didn't know that she needed to put on weight to gain the six pack, and has been starving herself for months for absolutely nothing.
    :(
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Currently on the #10 bus to downtown

From there I'll take the #18 to school

Fucking magnets.

So that memetically dumb ICP lyric was accidentally kind of right, at least about ferromagnetism. It really is some serious magic shit.
    srHX9QO.jpg
    Baldanders...

OK, to be fair, these are classics, but I'd prefer that you didn't continue. We all know about Roko's Basilisk and how Phil Greaves doesn't like people wanting to get nasty with the Chairman.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Bus ride to campus went ok. Had my statistics and data analysis class and now I'm studying in the computer lab because my next class isn't until 11:30.
    Okay.
    Gonna post this instead

• Bought some new boots today
  • Robot Wars is being rebooted.

Yes!
  • idk how to twitter embed still but it is important
    One thing I never did understand:

Usually the calendar attached to your syllabus has the chapters or sections of the textbook you're expected to read before you come to class.

But...usually there's a section assigned for the very first day of classes. How could you possibly know what to read for the first day if you don't get the syllabus until then?