The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Gonna post this instead

Boids!
  • metaphorical 8urgundy

or may8e the dreaded... NEGATIVE METAPHORICAL 8URGUNDY*

*Negative metaphorical 8urgundy prone to spoilage, please refriger8 after opening and use the remaining product within 8 days.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

"What does God want with 25 quid? Maybe he can't meet his mobile bill this month?"
  • Side effects of negative metaphorical 8urgundy may include joint pain, headaches, emotional insta8ility, difficulty 8reathing, massive explosions, and death. Negative metaphorical 8urgundy may cause a reaction with Schroedinger's Green. Please use caution when applying negative metaphorical 8urgundy to porous surfaces.
  • (I don't know either.)
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Does negative metaphorical Burgundy stain carpets like regular Burgundy?
  • Lee: Yes, yes it does.
  • I am shaved now =w=
  • and hardly bleeding!!!
  • kill living beings

I know a bunch of science shit so I gotta get something off my chest.

All kinds of shit about bugs. I know a lot of shit about bugs. Emerald cockroach wasps and those things that incest-fuck in utero. Littler things like those bugs that have millions of parasites instead of limbs. That doesn't matter. That's nothing. Epileptical hypersynchronization? Nothing. Halting problem? Wannabe motherfucker. Sodium only being a necessary mineral for animals? Who gives a fuck.

What's fucked up is magnets. Magnetism, just, everything about it, it's fucked up. It is the ultimate weird science fact.

One: It's a product of relativity. If you change reference frames, you can make any magnetic force into a regular old opposites-attract electric Coulomb force. It's just that the charges are, in your original reference frame, moving pretty fast.

Two: It's a product of quantum physics. Ferromagnetism, that is, having a solid "magnetic object" instead of just electromagnets, is impossible in classical mechanics. I mean, yeah, so are lots of things, but this is one that people were aware of thousands of years ago.

So what the fuck is it? Bullshit. Practically imaginary. Moving things really fast in a circle gets you weird forces. It's useful so we can use it but it's bullshit. It's like a video game glitch. "Oh, yeah, there's no speed limit in midair, so if you hop around a lot you go faster." "Oh, yeah, if you spin the electricity around you can use it to charge your phone without a cable." Bull. Shit.

Fucking magnets.

So that memetically dumb ICP lyric was accidentally kind of right, at least about ferromagnetism. It really is some serious magic shit.
    I mean, as quantum physics goes it's not a hard to understand result. It's a hundred years old, and it basically boils down to "if you're in thermal equilibrium there is no reason for particles to spin in unison, unless it has some kind of intrinsic spin, and guess what they have in quantum physics".

Solid state physics does get pretty magical though.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Walked in a gypsy's tent with a food stamp
    And walked out with a magical lamp, yeah
    I met Milenko, he gave me 3 wishes
    That night, I fucked 3 fat bitches
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    SPOILER: Women are beautiful
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "How's that a spoiler, Centie?" Well, you never know who may be experiencing Earth for the first time.
  • Zardock The Unconquerable runs back to his spaceship screaming about spoilers
  • that is absurd
  • "How's that a spoiler, Centie?" Well, you never know who may be experiencing Earth for the first time.

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A tiny shy vampire who gets combat training from a vampire hunter because other vampire hunters keep trying to kill her for no reason.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I feel bad for anyone experiencing earth for the first time

I feel bad for anyone experiencing earth for the first time

Technically, aren't we ALL experiencing Earth for the first time?

Except the very few people who have left Earth and then come back, I guess.
    Finally, an explanation as to why life is suffering
  • dear goodwill: in what fucking universe is a 42 a medium

a 42 is roughly equivalent to a large or an extra large
    42L is a large
  • I think it's a little strange that at 165-170 lbs I have a hard time finding stuff to wear at goodwill because almost everything is too large?
  • there are a few queensryche CDs here
  • Steve Vai's Passion and Warfare, now that's an album I have not heard in years
  • kill living beings
    vomeronasal
    Such a weird word.
  • kill living beings
    it's just named after the vomer bone

of course, so are brain lobes
    "Vomer" is an odd word in itself. Apparently it's Latin for "ploughshare."
  • kill living beings
    huh. strange.
  • kill living beings
    learning neuro dev like http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/on-design-by-committee

" it's still pretty phenomenal that it doesn't go wrong... all the time" - my prof, after explaining where freckles come from
  • Drinking soya milk

The joys of being lactose intolerant
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    "Bloodmages are the mad scientists of the magic-using world:
    essentially the Sorcerer gone a little bit rotten. Not rotten enough to
    be considered un-heroic, but still not the sort of person you'd want to
    meet in a shadowy alchemy lab.
    "

The first bloodmage quest has you kill 3 people, eat their souls, and then kill the paladin sent to kill you for being a soul eating psychopath.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    A fairy fact from Ash: fairies won't die if you say you don't believe in them, but they will think you're an idiot.

If you say you believe in them, though, they will be motivated to do their best!
    I think the reason Cinema Sins hate annoys me is that I feel like its detractors are making it out to be something it isn't, and everyone is ignoring the misogynistic memefest that is RLM, which is way more of a detriment to internet film criticism.

I haven't seen anyone use Cinema Sins as proof a movie sucks in order to end a conversation. I have seen people use RLM as that CONSTANTLY, while also insisting it belongs in a museum to be enshrined for future generations.
    Welp, the bus I'm supposed to be on right now was 10 minutes late...meaning I wouldn't have had time to make a transfer downtown.

So I said "fuck it" and called my dad for a ride. Hanging out in the lovely warmth of the civil engineering building in the meantime.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I think the reason Cinema Sins hate annoys me is that I feel like its detractors are making it out to be something it isn't, and everyone is ignoring the misogynistic memefest that is RLM, which is way more of a detriment to internet film criticism.

I haven't seen anyone use Cinema Sins as proof a movie sucks in order to end a conversation. I have seen people use RLM as that CONSTANTLY, while also insisting it belongs in a museum to be enshrined for future generations.
    then stop going on SA

Anonus said:

then stop going on SA

Also if we could not act like any statement I make is probably founded on mad delusion, that would be nice.

• ok, where the fuck else are people doing those things

i mean seriously

where
  • if it was not for your posts on this forum regarding RLM existing, i would not even know that they exist

wait actually actually, i have a friend on tumblr who likes RLM? but i would not know anything more than "this is some internet reviewer that a friend of mine likes"
  • i mean, you get my point
    honestly, i know someone in meatspace who recommended RLM to me

RLM fans do exist outside SA, they're pretty much unavoidable in critical discussions of Star Wars it seems
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That at least partly explains why I never hear of them, not that I've doubted their existence.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Tachyon said:

RLM fans do exist outside SA, they're pretty much unavoidable in critical discussions of Star Wars it seems
    I still maintain that RLM summed up a popular consensus regarding the prequels more than it created it.

furthermore i can agree with this

Cinema Sins is dumb in the way Buzzfeed is dumb, but if you don't take it seriously then it's just a silly thing, and most people don't take it seriously

i mean i daresay there might be people who treat Cinema Sins as serious criticism, but they'd have to be very young, or at least, very inexperienced, i think.  For most people it's just going to be a bit of a laugh.

RLM is a far more insidious presence in critical discussion.  Both because it actually IS a presence in critical discussions, and because it's more insidious.

Tachyon said:

I still maintain that RLM summed up a popular consensus regarding the prequels more than it created it.
    i'm quite certain this is the case

what RLM did was express that consensus in the form of repeatable catchphrases

and of course, people like having their opinions validated by someone who seems to know what they're talking about

ok, where the fuck else are people doing those things

i mean seriously

where
    Twitter.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    unfollow those people maybe?