The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Norman was in IRC last night, yeah

Anyway I'm waiting at school for a computer lab exam...more Excel stuff

Also I got some shitty vending machine coffee which isn't very good...stupid coffee addiction
  • I've finally found the one thing that bothers my mother the most.

If I scream back, if I flip out like she does, in a few hours, everything is fine. Because I've shown her that I can sink to her level. She'll come to me later and we'll agree we both need to do things differently.

But if I stand my ground and don't let her beat me down, then she'll never apologize. More importantly, it means I don't get my stuff back.

What a crappy catch-22.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I dunno if "catch-22" is the right term for that, but it definitely is unfortunate.
  • Norman's Tumblr is very recent, as well (updated today). 

I'm glad she's doing okay.
  • damned if you do, damned if you don't
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    What the fuck is so wrong with the last generation that it produced so many terrible shitty parents? Is it America? A generation that grew up with no responsibility? White privilege? Who knows.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    And yes a generation that grows up white with expendable income in an easy as fuck education system with no danger of death or persecution and gets an affordable college degree paid for with parental money and/or a job proportional to inflation and in a market with standards the average human can meet... is irresponsible. Fuck them and their couch too.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Don't sink to her level. Tell her off with composure and self-control. Don't try to beat her at her own game. Don't even play her game. Sometimes, you have to flip the board over and maybe the table as well.

-sigh-

I wish I could adopt you as a little brother, Kexruct.
  • I really hope I can leave the house soon after I graduate.
  • I am back, somewhat exanguiated and 50 dollars richer.

Gonna get a haircut tomorrow too, yay!
  • edited 2014-02-17 19:06:24
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ^^ You live in America. You can't. :D Find a new family.
  • Or find a roommate.
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

What the fuck is so wrong with the last generation that it produced so many terrible shitty parents? Is it America? A generation that grew up with no responsibility? White privilege? Who knows.

My parents are wonderful. They make me do chores and shower, they are honest and open with me, they listen to me, they comfort me when I have anxiety attacks, they let me play when my homework is done, they love me more than I can understand, and they've always been supportive of me on my asexuality and gender(or lack). They never ask of me that which they would be unwilling to do themselves. They push me out of my comfort zone and make me try new things, they limit my computer time, and they teach me life skills (eye contact, cooking, etc). I'm in a four way tie for favorite child with my three siblings.

I can talk with them about anything.
  • Try and get into a good college that's far enough that you have to live in a dorm.

That's what saved me a year ago.
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    (2015 self)
    That probably came off as really braggy and gloaty, like eating food in front of the hungry.

I'm sorry.
    There are four kinds of countries in the world: 3rd World Shit Pile, 2nd World Shit Pile, United States, and The Rest of the Western World, in order from most terrible to least terrible.
    Aliroz said:

Miko said:

My parents are wonderful. They make me do chores and shower, they are honest and open with me, they listen to me, they comfort me when I have anxiety attacks, they let me play when my homework is done, they love me more than I can understand, and they've always been supportive of me on my asexuality and gender(or lack). They never ask of me that which they would be unwilling to do themselves. They push me out of my comfort zone and make me try new things, they limit my computer time, and they teach me life skills (eye contact, cooking, etc). I'm in a four way tie for favorite child with my three siblings.

I can talk with them about anything.
    :D
  • edited 2014-02-17 19:14:28
    Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    ^^ Then there is Glorious Leader tier, which is the DPRK
    I'm sorry I am just in a really terrible mood right now because I get pushed around and people I love get pushed around.

Then there is Glorious Leader tier, which is the DPRK

Oh dear me, does DPRK even count as a country? Personally, I view it as the anus of planet Earth.
    Miko said:

Then there is Glorious Leader tier, which is the DPRK

Oh dear me, does DPRK even count as a country? Personally, I view it as the anus of planet Earth.
    Brainwashed by western media pig ^_____^ Don't worry, soon Corea will rise and bring heaven to Earth
    (2015 self)
    See, I want to adopt you guys so you guys can have my parents.

But my parents are all like, "No, Ali, we are NOT adopting people you only know from the internet.".
    ITAOTS has the deepest lore
  • My parents are pretty hunky-dory, too. Not quite as great as Aliroz made their parents sound, but I still wouldn't give them up for the world.
  • edited 2014-02-17 19:26:00
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    ^^WHOA!

• edited 2014-02-17 19:47:23

^^^ See, all that makes me want to do is grab a copy of that album so I can hear it from start to finish ASAP.
  • I just realized the pinball machine in this laundromat (what even IS my life?) is Playboy Pinball.

Also they've got copies of GO! in here. GO! of course is the Lehigh Valley's premiere alt culture magazine.
  • edited 2014-02-17 19:56:01
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Whoa, it's raining!

Should I feel bad for liking Behind These Hazel Eyes?
  • Hopefully college will be an option. I think I'm probably smart enough for it, but I lack motivation.
  • The high school on this pinball machine is only 2 million.
  • And I don't know what college I'd want to go to, or what for. I know I'd like to work as either a critic or in the game industry but I don't know how I'd get there.
  • Anonus said:

Norman was in Mibbit the other day (maybe even yesterday?) so I think she's alright.

Yeah, yesterday.

For the uninformed: Ace died last February. Nobody knows why, but I did find her obituary (it has her birth name on it, so I'm hesitant to link to it publicly)...
    could you pm it?
  • Miko said:

you has my sympathys as I have also had a bastard parent who lie and stole all our moneys.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I am very satisfied with my latest song-thing.
  • I am very satisfied with my latest song-thing.

Which I just finished listening to. I can't wait to hear it when it's finished. I do think it needs some percussion though.
    I've been home for like half an hour now

There's some horrible rain/sleet combination going on right now :\
    Hey Miko watch this, it has Touhou music

(2015 self)
    Should I feel bad for liking This Time For Africa (Waka Waka)?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

Nah

Miko said:

you has my sympathys as I have also had a bastard parent who lie and stole all our moneys.
    *huggles*

Hey Miko watch this, it has Touhou music

:)
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

Nah

Should I watch H***sing the anime?
    (2015 self)
    Miko said:

Can you imagine how spluuuuch that would be?
    (2015 self)
    Qatar for the world cup.... Not.
    Alice would probably let Marisa do anything to her.
    (2015 self)
    But visceral inherent reactions! Like to ipecac!

For a human, having that much straight mustard would be..... well, we don't have words for how euuuuuuuuuch as dsfipljhfed f that would be.
    okay yeah that is a little gross Xp
    (2015 self)
    I once knew a human kid back in first grade who inhaled mustard.

I didn't even know people could make sounds like that.
    Aliroz, the only thing keeping me from laughing like an idiot is the fact that my dad walked in right as I read your post