The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That post may be in the wrong thread, but that is immaterial given the truth of it.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I actually meant to post it here as I figured it was a sufficient departure from the topic that started it.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    BTW, I finally tracked down that sweet smell I couldn't name earlier.

It's a goddamn scented trash bag.

The trash can was just emptied out so I ended up smelling the fresh bag that was put in it.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Do you think that's a stupid idea?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Not really
  • Mornin'
    Hey Tools

How goes the Tools-being
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I'mma head to the sleepin' now, or at least the not-Internetin'.
  • edited 2014-02-18 03:37:36
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    night Sredni

I think I'm gonna get ready for bed now too.
  • edited 2014-02-18 03:41:23
    ಠ_ಠ
    The Tools is good.

I've learnt not to take my medicine on an empty stomach. It's really bloody strong.

And you?

Night ^_^
    Not too bad. Feeling weird and tired, but hey, what else is new?
  • Going back to university today. It's weird... I'm doing a college course run by the university, so I have half term holidays.

Which is good.

Because those two 2000/1500 word essays won't write themselves.
    Good luck!

I'm hoping (naively, perhaps) that my classes for today will be cancelled due to this ice storm that's been going on...
    WITCHCRAFT: NEXT 6 KM
  • There's been some wild weather here, as well. The south of England is flooded, with the North not doing too well, either.

But the Southerners are pansies and don't know how to deal with it, unlike us tough Northerners.
  • I'm about to go out, so I let the dogs out the back for a tiddle. They refused to go out until I threw some biscuits out for them.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Tools said:

But the Southerners are pansies and don't know how to deal with it, unlike us tough Northerners.

can confirm
    and aaaah so much good music i haven't heard yet

...this is the opposite of a problem, isn't it
    An ever-vigilant crossbuck guards the spot where tracks used to cross the street

I love it when little remnants of old signage and stuff manage to slip through the cracks
    also, i was thinking earlier about that Moffat thing Odradek posted a few days back

it strikes me as kind of a shallow analysis

it's definitely true that Moffat tends to infantilize his male characters, and that his writing features numerous mother figures and the odd prominent father figure

otoh that's not what got Moffat so talked about initially; most Who fans' first exposure to Moffat was the beautifully written and extremely suspenseful two-parter, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, a story in which motherhood plays a prominent role, but the reception of which was overwhelmingly positive

likewise the reception of S3's Blink was very positive indeed, and had nothing to do with infantilism and everything to do with the monsters, which were creepy as and unlike anything we'd seen on the show before

the later disappointment kicked in when it became apparent that Moffat had a rather limited selection of tricks up his sleeve, and also when he tried to ape other writers like Russell T Davies with limited success (Davies' style being divisive in any case)
    'J.M. Smucker' is such a silly sounding name to me
  • Tachyon said:

and aaaah so much good music i haven't heard yet

...this is the opposite of a problem, isn't it

in unrelated news, BusyBaker crackers changed their packaging.
    that was great
  • edited 2014-02-18 05:22:47
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    man, Rory Williams is such a blatant wish-fulfillment character, now i think about it

Roman soldier, badass girlfriend/wife, gets to travel through space and time, punches Hitler in the face...
  • edited 2014-02-18 05:44:55
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tachyon said:

'J.M. Smucker' is such a silly sounding name to me

A lot of their brands are very well-known over here (e.g. Smucker's, Jif [primarily a line of peanut butters and not at all a cleaning product], Crisco, Hungry Jack, Folgers)...
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
  • I'm glad that Sally Sparrow was a one shot companion. If she had stayed on, God knows what would have happened to her...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I saw some gifset on Tumblr with the Eleventh Doctor that confirmed that the Weeping Angels did eventually get her...
  • Tachyon said:

man, Rory Williams is such a blatant wish-fulfillment character, now i think about it

Roman soldier, badass girlfriend/wife, gets to travel through space and time, punches Hitler in the face...

I bet you that's why they kill him and Amy so much, to hide that fact (or draw attention away from it).
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Breaking news: Queen Miko Wrestles the World from the Filthy Claws of Sexist Pigs.

moment of silence for my dashboard
    Miko said:

Breaking news: Queen Miko Wrestles the World from the Filthy Claws of Sexist Pigs.

hooraaaaaaaaay
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I feel like I once discussed the fact that a Moody Blues album is one of the few cassettes I own with you, Imi.

Meanwhile I photograph myself eating a smartphone for the sake of a stupid pun and only like two people reblog it

Such is life in the Tumblrverse, I suppose
    it's not actually possible to get past the midlevel boss in The Expedition with Link, is it
    wait, yes it is

you just need to be Shadow Link
  • Meanwhile I photograph myself eating a smartphone for the sake of a stupid pun and only like two people reblog it

Such is life in the Tumblrverse, I suppose

if it helps I did make the post in question as highly tumblresque as possible

not necessarily to get notes, I just felt it was warranted
    I'm not actually bitter, I was just being silly ^_^
    >as highly tumblresque as possible

you did finish your sentences though
    Queen City - Colerain Road NW
  • Tachyon said:

>as highly tumblresque as possible

you did finish your sentences though

ur geometry hush
    most of Agatha Christie's male characters seem slightly effeminate to me

it's something about the way they talk, but i can't put my finger on what exactly
    On 21 June 1999, a strange sight was reported along a rural stretch of Centralia Route 41 between Colerain and Salem Township

ur geometry hush

what
    T O U H O U

:D
    You know what, screw it

Unless I can fall asleep very soon, I'm just going to convert this into another "stay awake obscenely late and then sleep well into the afternoon" day

Because that's what it seems to want to become