The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No. We cannot forget Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.

I imagine it and Lionsgate like to bicker a lot. (The comparison for me to draw would be Zorak and Lokar, but you don't know anything about them.)
    I have no motivation to do anything. Feh.
    HOORAY

NOW I CAN LOOP STUDIOCANAL'S 2003 MUSIC WHEN I'M LOOPY SO I CAN LOOP HARDER THAN EVER BEFORE!
  • edited 2011-12-15 02:25:42
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yo dawg, I herd you like loopy so I put some loops in your loopy so you can loop while you're loopy
    That was my first thought, funnily.
    I want to enter the music business for some reason.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Own a bunch of record labels.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *peels the labels off some records and gives them to Anonus*

Here you go. That's at least 20 of them.
  • edited 2011-12-15 05:04:02
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...but they're just little labels! I wanna run the labels themselves!

Oh fuck, I just want Vivendi! :P
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *stabs Vivendi, blood is everywhere*

Sorry honey, you say something?
    ...why did you kill Vivendi?

WHY

...where's StudioCanal? And its assets?
    Well I thought you wanted Vivendi dead so you could steal its website!
    And StudioCanal, and Canal+, and Universal Music Group...
  • Student of Celestia, Princess of Equestria
    Don't worry, I can fix this.

*uses Unicorn Magic to heal Vivendi and give Anonus a $50 Lowe's gift card*
    Oh boy, Lowe's!

When Mother and I were in Aurora on Saturday she said that the Lowe's was creepy and dimly-lit now.
    My family used to spend a whole lot of time at Lowe's when our house was being built. At the time the only one near our house was the one over at Brice and Gender Roads, though now there's one much closer.
  • edited 2011-12-15 05:22:08
    That Lowe's I mentioned is the only one in the vicinity of the house. It was an Eagle until about 1999.
    For a long time my family's SOP was to go to Lowe's and get whatever home improvement things we needed, then hop across the road to Target Greatland and buy a bunch of stuff we probably didn't need.

...Man, that Target must have eaten up so much of my parents' money. We would almost always leave with a cart full of random shit.
    You seem very fond of that place.
    Yeah. It's probably silly of me, but my family spent so much time there and I have lots of fond memories of it.

Weirdly, I don't think I would be nearly as fond of it as I am if it weren't GONE FOREVER.

...Do you have anything like that?
    I don't know. Maybe I used to have some television channel or something, but my interest in that has waned and now it seems a bit silly.
    For some reason one of the most vivid details I remember about that Target is the carts. They were the boxier design that no stores use anymore, and they were this weird red plastic that tended to fade to a nasty orange color.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I CAN'T TELL YOUR AVATARS APART 

THE FUSION MUST BE COMPLETE
    Well they're both from here.

And we fused a while back, silly. :P
  • Don't you mean you fuseponied?

...Right, I still need to go out and get groceries.
    Groceries?

...GROCERY STORES
  • Grocery stores indeed.

It was a Safeway. New law means all stores have to use paper bags instead of plastic ones, which is (good) because hooray environment, but (bad) because they don't have any straps and they're pretty small.
    They don't sell reusable ones?
  • edited 2011-12-15 19:17:54
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    They probably do, but I forgot.

Although I guess I can just use the paper bag I got when I went to Fred Meyers a couple of days ago, at least until it falls apart. For it has a strap and all the other amenities to which I have become accustomed.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    All the goods of goods
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    true story
  • Oh goodness. It's like the little news crawl in my head finally registered, like I actually just felt the effects of what I'd been thinking about all week. I think the inside of my head is like outer space sometimes, in that most of it is empty space and it takes forever for information to travel from one end to the other.

Fortunately, the moment has been prepared for: I had been saving the latest episode of My Little Pony for just such an occasion.
  • I'm still a bit confused as to what this thread is about just random thoughts?
    It's just about whatever. Constructiveness and coherency are not required.
  • That makes more sense. I never considered how thorughts traveld. it's an interesting concept.
    I think I'm turning into Imi.
  • ^^ The short story "Bullet in the Brain" has a similar idea. It's mostly just a framing device, but it's a really good one.

But yeah, I used to have this whole extended around a similar idea to that when I was a kid. I got really into it, maybe a little too much so, but it abruptly stopped (possibly TMI) the day after I lost my virginity. It was really weird, like I was suddenly colorblind or something.
  • I think i'm turning in to something that firghtens me greatly.
  • edited 2011-12-15 23:40:20
    Sometimes I think about that, and it feels very strange.

^What is that?
  • I don't know. That's the scary part. Having no place to go and nothing left to hold on to. In an abstract sense. Identity, meaning, a sense of home and place. Not having any of that is really fucking scary.
  • edited 2011-12-15 23:45:58
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    Sometimes I think about that, and it feels very strange.

Think about which?

Tnu: I've been in a similar situation for a while. If, um, I make any actual progress on getting out of that situation I'll let you know how.
    Thoughts traveling.
  • Thanks. Part of it is a tendency towards nostomania. I'm nto sure I really belong here and at my core I still feel like a Troper. Not a Heaper, not an IJBMer but a Troper and thus I feel an intense need to return there however I can. I feel like i'm losing it.
    A lot of the same people are here, and you can have something resembling a fresh start here.

You just need to move on (by which I don't mean "forget", I mean "accept that it is in the past").
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "I think I'm turning into Imi."

I made a post about that this morning in the motherheap; I don't know if you saw it.
  • It's not really possible for me to acept it It's always going to be nagging at my mindxd for the rest of my life. Just like my old friend but still Heaper's isn't the same. I miss my friends from TVT and IJBM. I miss Bob, and MRDA, and Usht, and Aeondeug, and Barkey, and Savage Heathan.