The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I remember one summer when the school year was starting up again the first thing on my mind was that exact thing.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I hate jeans.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't mind jeans.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Jeans are acceptable.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That should be a Trope. We Will Not Wear Pants In The Future.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Central Avenue And Anonymous User Go Grocery Shopping

Only on ABC!
    My, they must be desperate for shows after canceling Work It. :P
  • edited 2011-12-16 02:26:29
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's more long-winded than "ABC Studios Distribution" and "Debmar-Mercury"!

It's too bad this is already decided on. They all suck, but no, everything has to be choked full of crap!
  • I have no idea why but Logo 2 bothers me so much for some reason.
    I had to stare at 4 and 5 for like 30 seconds to see the difference.
  • What is the dif-

Ohh.

It seems as though Logo 5 bugs me just as much. I guess the juxtaposition of slanted text / slanted logo and upright text / upright logo irks me.
    They all irk me because they're too needlessly complicated. And none of them lack the slogan.
  • edited 2011-12-16 02:40:54
    I can't help but feel that removing out the nbc logo would help them all immensely. The slogan isn't all that bad, but why put a logo over another logo?
    Why can't they just use the NBC peacock and the 2 without all that added shit?
  • Also a valid question.

The world may never know.
    ^^^Because they are an over-the-air television station, that's why. :P
  • That's just cruel. What if the driver has Alzheimer's and can't remember the sign, hmm? What if they're legally blind, are unable to interpret it and miss the next few intersections due to a lack of additional signs? Who will think of them?
  • Their attempt isn't all that much of a failure. If only the chairs were comfier...
    So I like imagining a timeline where Dayton-Hudson, rather than selling their department store chains to May, spun them off into the independent Marshall Field's, Inc. Marshall Field's, Inc. then went on to acquire Sears, Roebuck, and Co., instead of Kmart Holdings Corporation.

...The only problem is that leaves Kmart probably still bankrupt and they would likely have gone out of business.
    I wish Mervyns was still around.
    Then let's start our own Mervyn's, right here in our garage!
  • edited 2011-12-16 03:37:09
    Can someone please tell me why I can't find these pants in a size 30 mens?
    ^^Uh-uh. No apostrophe, missy!
  • ^Well duh. Wouldn't want to get sued, now would you?
    chef this gy wants to know why he dca't find teh pasnts in ther ight size

waiterman, i toldyou, we don't sell pants here
    only air conditionser

but the sign outside the door says "MYERVYNS: PANTS AND MORE"

maybe i should fix that then
    there i crosssed out pants and wrote bacon

...chef, you crossed out the dwrong word
    now it sways "MERVYS: PANDS AND MORE BACKON"

then let's take the damn sign down altogtehr, how waoubt that

then people won't know our busines exists

that's ok, they can go fuck themselves
    pants-wearing assholes

ches, you can't talk like that in front of the cusotmers

customers? oh, ti ghouth that guy was my therapost

well he is your rthereapist but he's also your customer.

WEll that's a sthing then.
    But there's no rule that says i have to treat thereapists nice-style

be nice or i'll smak you

ok
    just let me have apespi break first
    You know what? I've considered doing YKAHC stories based on topics, but I like them to be rather detached from anything that's going on at the moment.
    YKAHC works well detached, I think.

But sometimes I want to toy with the idea of Chef and Waiterman in non-REstaurant settings.
    On this episode of DOCTUR WHO: DOCTUR WHO meets HAMSTEAK: so much Weird Time Shit that it could doom the entire universe!
    on no

not HAMSTEAK
    Oh alright fine, who do you want DOCTUR WHO to meet?
    Drew Soicher!
    Oh alright then:

*DOCTUR WHO TARDISES ONTO THE SET OF 9NEWS, COLORADO'S NEWS LEADER*

HELLO EVERYONE, I AM DOCTUR WHO

And I am Drew Soicher, whose sports segment you have interrupted quite rudely, now here, wear this diaper as punishment

BUT I USE A TOILET, OR WOULD IF TIME LORDS NEEDED TO DO THAT

I don't care, Doctur Who, wear it!

TIME LORDS DO NOT NEED DIAPERS

ROSE TYLER FETCH MY SONIC SCREWDRIVER

I'M WRECKIN' THIS SET

buT doctuR whO that is so rude of you!

Hi I'm Kathy Sabine And I Will Stab You With My Umbrella In The Buttocks

NOT SO FAST

ROSE TYLER WHERE IS MY SONIC SCREWDRIVER

I refuse to give it to you doctuR whO as I am a pacifist!

PACIFY THIS, BITCHES

*DOCTOR WHO WRECKS THE SET OF 9NEWS, COLORADO'S NEWS LEADER*

SO THERE'S THE NEWS, DENVER
    For some reason Rose Tyler's typing quirk amuses me.
    THEY'RE NOT TYPING, THEY'RE TALKING.
    THEN ROSE TYLER'S TALKING QUIRK AMUSES ME.
    Well alright then.
  • and of course it's all a metaphor for self loathing, because he's Nine and so he wrecked 9news
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I've just about caught up with the forum. Though, I have no desire to read 1200 Trash Heaps posts.

Someone please summarize for me.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    About 1100 of those posts were about grocery stores and corporate logos.

Where any meaningful conclusion reached?

Also, anyone have the hyperlink to that place Blixty Slycat made? I've lost the URL after my month hiatus and posting in TV Tropes is reminding me why I didn't make coming back to the inter-butts a priority.

I did miss this place though. You guys are swell and I continue to have the most fun here.
    Thanks.
    Thanks.

And to be honest, coming home to find a forumload of new Justice posts made my day.