The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2012-10-15 05:02:20
    The sadness will last forever.
    Hmm, I wonder how special effects in 1930s-1940s films work

It must be impressive
  • The sadness will last forever.
    These days nothing but CGI effects and 3D films (you know, like you need to wear special glasses for those kind of films) BS
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *uses Princess Magic to do something, maybe*
  • (*Uses kitten magic to summon a ball of yarn*)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    RainyMood.com is surprisingly relaxing.

'Course, that's a bad thing when I'm trying to stay awake...
    Left turn yield to...whom, exactly?

(I think the sign was put there by mistake...the only thing it could refer to is pedestrians in the crosswalk, in which case the sign should be "turning traffic yield to pedestrians")
  • Guess who nearly fainted during Mechanics?

This girl, right here.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Me too.
  • I was a bit dizzy during assembly, and had to rest my head on the wall to stop myself from keeling over on the chair. But when I got to my lesson I was quite a bit woozy, and warned my teacher that I may faint. I'm coming round a bit, and just feeding myself little bits of cookie.
    *signs up for traffic signal forum*

"What? I have to wait for an administrator to activate my account? What kind of forum does something like--oh, right."
    ...there's a traffic signal forum?
    This is the internet. There's a forum for everything.

But yes, yes there is.
    you didn't namedrop it but i think i found it
    Yep.
    why didn't you namedrop it?
  • edited 2012-10-15 06:46:36
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *shrug* I dunno. The name didn't strike me as all that relevant.

It seems to bother you when I don't mention stuff by name...

(It's SignalTraffic Forums, for the record)
    so i found it
  • Lunchtime.

No appetite.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    GOOD MORNING VIETNAM
    I wonder what Vietnam thinks of our angry, butthurt 80's movies about them
  • I wonder what Vietnam thinks of our angry, butthurt 80's movies about them

probably something along the lines of

Shit.

A lad came to see what I was doing on the computer and I had a mini freak out because he was standing too close to me...

• supazr lazuli presetnas: sHIPERASTER AND FRLEZNDS

war

war 

wahts it good for

well i hear it keeps the arms mangufacturers in bizness

but don't weall have arms arleady

why cant we just lieka

do slapfights instead of gunfights and

lnukes

oh god shimpsater

youre a geniusa

fire up warp frdrive number szixty biazilion

we have to ffvisit prlanet brazil

to hump their walnut saldaszz??! becajse mmy face is compised tinrelty of brdirlls

thats good shipmasters

but we need more lead

to pump the puny humans full fo

i say

we just zuese are evveeloutson

i saty that sonds like a good idea zuuuka

then

lets ag et to fuckin peeps up

go flareaon

go jolteaion

go vaprosean...

wait funk

thats a fucking leafeon

what the fuck shimpaser

evertonke knows thats the worst eevelasation

and tadt gen1 is the bestest

fuck tou shipmaster

quiet zuka

or ill have tou tdemoted to katawa jshosho duty

yes shipmeaster

TEHD ENDSAZ

I seem to have discovered a new late-night-that's-actually-early-morning hobby: tweaking my Tumblr theme.

This time I'm adding some custom CSS to make most of the text black. Before it was a shade of grey that was just light enough to be annoying to read, at least to me.
  • HEY ASENTRAL EVENUE

WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE

•  I SMR TE RRFFFU FJRRLSG FOA SDFOJAOPAA

MSTLAYP ACEUSE I AM DRUNKZ

• DEAR LISTENER: ALL PRAISE BE TO GOD TO WHOM ALL PRAISE IS DUE.  Let us pursue Him in the righteous path. Yes it is true; "seek and ye shall find." Only through Him can we know the most wondrous bequeathal. 

During the year 1957, I experienced, by the grace of God, a spiritual awakening which was to lead me to a richer, fuller, more productive life. At that time, in gratitude, I humbly asked to be given the means and privilege to make others happy through music. I feel this has been granted through His grace. ALL PRAISE TO GOD. 

As time and events moved on, a period of irresolution did prevail. I entered into a phase which was contradictory to the pledge and away from the esteemed path; but thankfully, now and again through the unerring and merciful hand of God, I do perceive and have been duly re-informed of His OMNIPOTENCE, and of our need for, and dependence on Him. At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT ... IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY – A LOVE SUPREME – .

This album is a humble offering to Him. An attempt to say "THANK YOU GOD" through our work, even as we do in our hearts and with our tongues. May He help and strengthen all men in every good endeavor. 

The music herein is presented in four parts. The first is entitled "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT", the second, "RESOLUTION", the third, "PURSUANCE", and the fourth and last part is a musical narration of the theme, "A LOVE SUPREME" which is written in the context; it is entitled "PSALM". 

In closing, I would like to thank the musicians who have contributed their much appreciated talents to the making of this album and all previous engagements. 

To Elvin, James and McCoy, I would like to thank you for that which you give each time you perform on your instruments. Also, to Archie Shepp (tenor saxist) and to Art Davis (bassist) who both recorded on a track that regrettably will not be released at this time; my deepest appreciation for your work in music past and present. In the near future, 
    I hope that we will be able to further the work that was started here. 

Thanks to producer Bob Thiele; to recording engineer, Rudy Van Gelder; and the staff of ABC-Paramount records. Our appreciation and thanks to all people of good will and good works the world over, for in the bank of life is not good that investment which surely pays the highest and most cherished dividends. 

May we never forget that in the sunshine of our lives, through the storm and after the rain – it is all with God – in all ways and forever. 

ALL PRAISE TO GOD. 

With love to all, I thank you, 
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-10-15 10:42:07
    My school's doing a vehicle accident prevention assembly thing. It's sad.

The worst part is that I'm being reminded of this. Not exactly a thing I want to be reminded of.

:(
  • There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone; in fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
  • We get up in the morning in possession of certain assumptions through which all of our experiences must filter. We cannot be rid of those assumptions, although an evolved person can at least try to take them into account. Most people never question their assumptions, and so reality exists for them as they think it does, whether it does or not. Some assumptions are necessary to make life bearable, such as the assumption that we will not die in the next 10 minutes. Others may lead us, as they lead Trevor, into a bleak solitude. Near the end of the movie, we understand him when he simply says, "I just want to sleep."
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Up at the crack of noon
    A guitar signed by Kid Rock? Ewww

ayup
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Kid Rock went out of his way to purchase a home for a wounded US Army veteran and his family. I don't like his music either but what he did there confirms him for permanent baller status
  • that's pretty rad, not gonna lie.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Kid Rock went out of his way to purchase a home for a wounded US Army veteran and his family. I don't like his music either but what he did there confirms him for permanent baller status
    That is pretty cool.
  • edited 2012-10-15 14:00:14

uuugghhhh that bassline =w=
  • The sadness will last forever.
  • Reading old Trash Heap posts.
    It used to be so lively.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    ass ass ass ass
    ass ass ass ass 
    ass ass ass ass