The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• TreTre
    edited 2012-10-14 21:49:50
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    shroom
  • edited 2012-10-14 21:53:11
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Anonus said:

I can't stop thinking about the Mario RPGs (Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario games, including the non-RPG Super Paper Mario)

You needed to know this
    Have you ever played any of the games in the Mario & Luigi series? They're very similar, so I think you might find them pretty interesting.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No, but I've wanted to.
  • shroom

funny, now I can totally see how it looks like a mushroom

(it's the white matter fibers of a brain from the stem up, BTW. Muse used it for their new album cover.) 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Which of these is better?

image image
  • edited 2012-10-14 22:12:54
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    ^^I'm more used to seeing signs styled like the one on the right, but I guess it might be better to have the heights of each word be the same in some cases. I'm not the best judge.
    Anonus said:

No, but I've wanted to.

I've played the first game. It's pretty fun. I wanted to get the third game too, but I never got around to it.
  • I liked all 3.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    After an email discussion with my Chinese instructor, I found out that my Chinese name means "Escape the forest."

Brb throwing away all of my camping gear
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Anonus said:

No, but I've wanted to.

Bowser's Inside Story is a masterpiece.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Okay, now which of these two is better?

image image
  • you know what's ironic?

i love computers, but online quizzing makes me want to tear my hair out
  • After an email discussion with my Chinese instructor, I found out that my Chinese name means "Escape the forest."

SPOILER: the forest is a metaphor

• CAUSE I'M YOUNG AND BROKE AND PISSED 
  • edited 2012-10-14 22:21:53
    CA: Definitely the one on the right. The amount of space between the letters and the borders looks about right.
  • i'd say the right one, CA

it looks better to me for some reason. the spacing is nice.
    Thirding the one on the right
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Too bad I can barely draw well.... :(
  • Kexruct said:

Just saw the newest Marble Hornets entry.

:O

I kno rite?
  • LWLW
    edited 2012-10-14 23:10:10

Anonus,
    I can't stop thinking about the Mario RPGs (Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario games, including the non-RPG Super Paper Mario)

Corporal Forsythe,
    After an email discussion with my Chinese instructor, I found out that my Chinese name means "Escape the forest."

I think this is pretty relevant.
    I would second what ProfessorGator said too. The M&L games do not have same exact gameplay as the Paper Mario ones, but I think that if you like Paper Mario, you will probably enjoy them as well. In my opinion, the feel of the two series is very similar, especially when it comes to stuff like setting and characters.
    Thanks guys.

I'm thinking of printing out that sign somehow and hanging it next to my traffic light. It would be nice if I could get a real sign made eventually, but for now paper will do.
  • behold

the bluntest band logo ever.
  • Geez Earache why is your online store so effin ugly?
    well they are called Earache...I guess they wanna be an eyesore too?
  • They got good prices tho.

behold

the bluntest band logo ever.
    dat Neogrotesque

Thanks guys.

I'm thinking of printing out that sign somehow and hanging it next to my traffic light. It would be nice if I could get a real sign made eventually, but for now paper will do.
    I've noticed that at the Dollar Tree and other dollar stores, they sell 1/4" thick foam-core boards individually. In the Marine Corps, one of my jobs was to print out signs (to be used for signs in warehouses and the like) which we printed out on stickybacked paper -- or, if that wasn't available, we used a thin adhesive (any will do, just lay it thin) to coat the entire area for the printout to be placed on the foam-core. Place the printout on the foam-core, wait for it to dry, and then carefully using a utility knife (as to not damage the product or yourself) cut out final product. 
  • Sleep deprivation is nature's eye shadow.
    @Corporal Forsythe: Ooh, I hadn't thought of that, but that's a pretty cool idea. I'm totally gonna do that, when I get the chance...

And it would be a lot harder for my cat to shred to bits, like he does whenever I tape a sheet of paper to my walls. >_<
  • edited 2012-10-15 00:45:19

Godflesh can sound pretty accessible at times.
    Oh my, go look at today's Google.

Nice. Very, very nice. 
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    That is pretty nice, though I admit I don't know much about the book beyond its name.

I'm going to bed...later!
    Heh, Little Nemo...I remember there was a NES game based on it a long time ago. Got me kind of interested but I never sought out the book, alas.
  • Linus Torvalds, Linux Creator, Talks Storage Technology, Compares Hard Drives To 'Satan'

• this vid is pretty cool
  • Thanks for taking it back. I made the same mistake that you did one time in school - I generalized negatively about Republicans and one of my very accepting friends said, "Hey, I'm a Republican." I felt mortified. It's important to realize that there's a big difference between political parties and beliefs. Some people have different reasons for choosing a particular party. And I can assure you that there are ignorant people in both parties. Anyway, thanks for your kind reply! I appreciate it.

holy shit a good youtube comment
  • Morning
    Hi Tools.
    Hi Tools.

It is definitely not morning for me, though
  • Hacker gets $60,000 from Google for finding flaw in Chrome 

An anonymous teen techie who goes by the name Pinkie Pie won a prize at a hacker conference Wednesday for exposing problems in Chrome.

oh pinkie you so crazy