The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Coooooooool.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    OTC scares me.
    OTC last time I was there was full of racist,homophobic,misogynistic,transphobic men children
  • edited 2012-07-03 18:05:02
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-03 18:05:12
    ^^ And that, my friend, is why.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Deboss annoyed the shit out of me.

I also would be interested to hear Fouria's thoughts on HP, whenever you feel up to it.

I just made the mistake of going grocery shopping. Today is not the day to do that
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

otc is the weird part of tv tropes

...well, the other weird part

• i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    guys
    guys, my hair
    feels fucking amazing
    it's so soft
    Everyone touch Spacey's hair now
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    isn't it the fucking best hair you've ever touched
  • This song never fails to make me happy. Never.

What happened to deadmau 1-4?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The same thing that happened to Netscape Navigator 5.0
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-03 18:19:50
    They formed a band and went off into some alternate universe, never to be seen again.

Joel Zimmerman was in the band but he got kicked out. As a result, he goes by deadmau5.
    Today, in the grocery store parking lot, I saw a bumper sticker that said: "Your Mother: Rated E for Everyone"

I was momentarily amused
    Even though that's rather sexist, really
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    So anyway fuck my life, I want to run away again. :/

My brother came over, got mad at the dog and kicked it, so Mom kicked him out; then we all started what-iffing about whether we'd see the kids again and my mom and stepdad got into YET ANOTHER GOD DAMN MOTHERFUCKING FIGHT. 

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THIS SHIT.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You went to the grocery store, Imi? Which one? :D
  • edited 2012-07-03 18:34:44
    ^^^^How droll.

^^Ouch. Sorry to hear.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Gn
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Lee: O_o

Wow. I'm really sorry to hear that. Is there anything you need me to do to help?
  • So, I got $10 worth of free songs today. Decided to pick up the "Nightmare" album, a couple of Pendulum songs and a couple of The Prodigy songs.
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    So I took a break from Heapers for a while.

I came back and saw that this thread has 12,427 new posts.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Are you alright, Lee? (I don't mean for this to sound dismissive, I'm worried that it does.)
  • edited 2012-07-03 18:43:56
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Gator: Well, thank you. Aside from money for therapy, I doubt anything will help. We all need to be in treatment, but I'm the only one that can afford it and even then, my insurance only covers me. 

Just...it seems like EVERY LITTLE THING between my parents turns into a "I'll just take my ball and go away" situation. They can't work anything out anymore, whereas before 2010, they rarely if ever fought.

AU: I'll likely be all right, just...it's to the point where it's really upsetting me now. This is pretty much how Mom's first two marriages ended.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh, that must suck. I'm sorry about that. *hugs*
  • edited 2012-07-03 18:48:52
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I went to the Giant Eagle. It's the closest one, so that's almost always where I go.

Crowded as hell today.
    *accepts hugs*

I wish my stepdad could find a job. It'd be one less thing for him to worry about and start arguments over.
    *gives Lee a BIG HUG*
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    @ Tre: He mainly posts in serious threads, although he's not entirely humourless.  You might not encounter him if you avoided the left column.

He's actually pretty productive in terms of the wiki.  It's only when the word "culture" comes up that he starts acting weird.
    Wait... he's fine with cataloging tropes for various forums of media, but has problems with "culture"...

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    *Also hugs Lee*

Really sorry that happened. :(  Is the dog OK?

Welcome back, Anonym.  And thanks, Lumine.  I'll post something in a bit (was watching Death Note with my brother).
  • edited 2012-07-03 19:09:52
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, the dog is OK, but I'm still a little shaken by how out-of-control this got in such a short amount of time. Everyone's calmed down now, and my stepdad mentioned what he was actually mad about: Apparently my Granny was busy inviting most of the family to a get-together that was supposed to be intimate—her, us and maybe my brother and his family. And we don't want a whole bunch of family here yet, because the basement is still a mess and the downstairs bathroom is out of order.
    As for Deboss...I don't really know him that well, but from the descriptions people gave, he sounds like one of those "youth culture killed my dog" types. In other words, he's not a total misanthrope, but he only wants to associate with people that don't listen to "shitty pop music" or some other totally shallow qualifier.
    Ugh, family fights. I know how that book goes.

*mobileposted hugs for Lee*
  • edited 2012-07-03 19:26:15
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Justice42 said:

@ Tre: He mainly posts in serious threads, although he's not entirely humourless.  You might not encounter him if you avoided the left column.

He's actually pretty productive in terms of the wiki.  It's only when the word "culture" comes up that he starts acting weird.
    Wait... he's fine with cataloging tropes for various forums of media, but has problems with "culture"...

He's fine with entertainment.  He also loves science and technology, neither of which could exist without culture.

I think the problem is that he sees "culture" (as in the word and everything it denotes) as inherently prescriptive: something elitists force on the rest of the population.  Relatedly, he has a problem with any kind of art being required to study in schools or receiving public funding.  But he reacts angrily to any mention of "culture", regardless of context.  He's the kind of person who will cheerfully advocate the obliteration of other cultures purely on the basis that they are "cultures".

No idea what his stance is on growing microbes in a laboratory. :p
    lee4hmz said:

As for Deboss...I don't really know him that well, but from the descriptions people gave, he sounds like one of those "youth culture killed my dog" types. In other words, he's not a total misanthrope, but he only wants to associate with people that don't listen to "shitty pop music" or some other totally shallow qualifier.

Yes and no. He's similar, but it's not pop or youth culture he has it in for.

He tends to act like his opinions are objective, like a kind of reverse snob, which I think is why he annoys people so much.  So an elitist might say that pop culture is shit and Shakespeare, Milton and Da Vinci are excellent.  Deboss says that Shakespeare, Milton and Da Vinci are shit, but praises Animorphs.

(And he doesn't see any merit whatsoever to "humanities" disciplines, which irritates the hell out of me as an English student.)
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    he sounds like an epic-level pretentious twat who is acting this way because he was always picked last for kickball
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    Fouria G said:

Justice42 said:

Deboss says that Shakespeare, Milton and Da Vinci are shit, but praises Animorphs.
    (And he doesn't see any merit whatsoever to "humanities" disciplines, which irritates the hell out of me as an English student.)
    I'm not crazy about Shakespeare myself but to praise junkfood-for-the-mind "literature" over him isn't even laughable anymore, it's sad

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Lee: Ah, I see. That does sound pretty rough. I hope you can get everything sorted out eventually.

Glad to hear your dog is okay, though.
  • Deboss is a person who I could write endless tomes insulting.

I hate the man, can we stop talking about him?

Honestly there are maybe two people there that I like less than him. One being Mr. Hearing-Me-Talk-is-Like-Cutting-Yourself Tongpu

Tongpu amused me. I liked Tongpu.
  • I don't get why people found him funny.

Well, whatever.

In other news I am about to download the demo of A Valley Without Wind, to see if it's good.

Tongpu killed my parents.