The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • hi, Tre.

Let me know when you finish Stuck, by the way. 

I do not wish to read it until it is finish.

• A miserable large pile of adenines.
  • Well, since I split it into three episodes again I probably will once I'm done rewriting Episode One.

Right now it's just a matter of figuring out that juicy middle part in between the beginning and end, which I have a good idea of.
  • ^^what is?

^coolish

Also, I just watched (on VVFS) a clip of a woman who was apparently running for president in 2008 who is being racist, despite the fact that she appears to be hispanic, and in the back of a police car.

Also her name is Petro.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-03 04:43:41

^^what is?

The long aaaaaaaaa thing.
  • Ah, Viral Video Film School, you are very much missed.

Lousy stupid goddamn Current, cancelled all its good shows.
  • I know, right?

First Rotten Tomatoes (which is 1,000,000,000,000x better than the site it's named after) then VVFS. I think they canceled infoMania too.

Now it's all shows about guilt-tripping people into being vegetarians.

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-03 04:51:08
    Rotten Tomatoes was my favorite show on there, but everything was fun to watch. It all went downhill from when Conor quit infoMania though.

infoMania... like Web Soup, but not painful to watch. :/
  • Connor quit infoMania?!

• TreTre
    edited 2012-07-03 04:55:34
    Yeah, Brett had to take over as host after that. And then they got a set that made it look like a talk show, and a laugh track got added.

At that point I just couldn't bear to watch it anymore. The segments were still funny and all but it just wasn't the same.

The whole show went off after like 4 months of the new format.
  • Well I honestly like Brett more than Connor, but I actually think I remember that. Not the laugh track though.

But seriously am I alone on this? It turned into DARK AND EDGY PROGRAMMING ABOUT DRUGS AND COCAINE AND MEAT PLANTS AND WARS.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You know what's funny? I remember when Current was about to replace Newsworld International in 2005. I found that upsetting because I thought Newsworld International was awesome
  • so what you're saying is

you're responsible for this

• It turned into DARK AND EDGY PROGRAMMING ABOUT DRUGS AND COCAINE AND MEAT PLANTS AND WARS.

Well, to be fair Current had those Vanguard documentaries already but it did go over the top after the switch from "viewer-driven network" to "progressive politics' Fox News" started.

• edited 2012-07-03 05:02:59
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    No, though I did pretend to buy out Current with the intention of draining what it is now.
  • Anonus said:

No, though I did pretend to buy out Current with the intention of draining what it is now.

Don't lie to me Anonus

I know you used that voodoo magic.

Tre said:

It turned into DARK AND EDGY PROGRAMMING ABOUT DRUGS AND COCAINE AND MEAT PLANTS AND WARS.

Well, to be fair Current had those Vanguard documentaries already but it did go over the top after the switch from "viewer-driven network" to "progressive politics' Fox News" started.

Yeah, but they went over the top with it.

Fox News for liberal people, basically.

• TVT says that apparently Current was meant to have its current approach at first but they didn't really get it in focus until Keith Olbermann quit NBC and moved to Current for like 2 seconds.
  • it worked way better as a Youth Channel. 

• I still think the idea of a channel driven by the ideas and creations of its viewers is pretty genius, but perhaps the world wasn't quite ready for it at the time.

Maybe someone might be able to revive that idea someday.
  • Yeah.

Maybe that's a thing I can pitch if I ever get into broadcasting.

We'll call it UTV.

If it were successful it would be an easy way to shave some costs!

Honestly, I wish I knew more about journalism. My idea for Current's replacement (which takes the name of "ABC News Now", but has nothing in common with its namesake beyond being connected to ABC News) is supposed to be US and world events presented with no bias and a sober tone.
  • I wasn't honestly thinking a news channel. Or at least not primarily a news channel.
  • It could be for whatever. Media reviews, original series, indie films, news reports, you name it. (Except reality shows. Those would kind of defeat the point.)

The whole thing could be an Internet-involved project as well: put your stuff on video.u.tv, if we like it we'll ask you if we can air it. We're in an age where the Internet's just as big an outlet for free creativity as TV and film are, and it'd be a heck of a way for people to get themselves "out there".
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Goad Moaning
  • Exactly.

The problem would be acquiring the overhead.

also, mentlegen

• Yo
    Hi Wind Fish.

Hi Clock.

I wasn't referring to UTV as a news channel.
  • Through the power of friendship, I now control most of hawaii, care for a slice of bacon?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Sure okay :3
  • so I've decided to finally try to get some sleep, but I suddenly feel both a bit dizzy and rather freaked out for reasons I can't quite place.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Good morning, Lumisquid. How's it going? I see you're enjoying yourself researching Megaman Zero and Megaman ZX.
  • edited 2012-07-03 11:02:07
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    dee dee deeeeeeeeeee
  • The sadness will last forever.
    chobos
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Spam (its name a portmanteau of the words "Spiced" and "Ham")[1] is a canned precooked meat product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, first introduced in 1937. The labeled ingredients in the classic variety of Spam are chopped pork shoulder meat, with ham meat added, salt, water, modified potato starch as a binder, and sodium nitrite as a preservative. Spam's gelatinous glaze, or aspic, forms from the cooling of meat stock.[2] The product has become part of many jokes and urban legends about mystery meat, which has made it part of pop culture and folklore.[3] Through a Monty Python sketch, in which Spam is portrayed as ubiquitous and inescapable, its name has come to be given to electronic spam, including spam email.
    In 2007, the seven billionth can of Spam was sold.[4] On average, 3.8 cans are consumed every second in the United States.[5]
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Rice Krispies

Snap crackle pop, motherfucker