The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Y
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The only problem is I don't have the cars anymore...oh, well, roads are roads!
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-07-04 01:30:27
    ^^ Nah, you're fine.
  • The only problem is I don't have the cars anymore...oh, well, roads are roads!

'Could always just head out to the nearest department store and buy some. They still sell those packs of six for like five bucks or whatever.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

so, i'm going to be gone all day tomorrow.

I know what you're all thinking. "But Spacey, however shall we all survive without you?"

Well, I know you guys can do it. I have faith in you.

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    have. fun
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oh god, some of my hand-drawn road signs from childhood are at the bottom of the box.

I'm going to have to make a post in the Mundane Photos thread with some of this stuff.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    also, happy america day
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ...Is there an image there or did you just write image?

just wrote image.

i can tell with intuitions

guys

i just came up with another one of my cunning schemes

• edited 2012-07-04 02:21:51

Lumine said:

I peeked in a BTL once, several months ago. It was sooooooooo bad that my eyes started burning and I went to the emergency eye wash station to rinse out the stupid.

............Not sure as to whether I want to respond to that.
  • edited 2012-07-04 15:04:32

The only problem is I don't have the cars anymore...oh, well, roads are roads!

Get some soon. I think, right now, they sell these ones that are old cars, like the BMW 2002, Buick Grand National, Chevy Camaro IROC-Z, and the Dodge Hemi Challenger.

Bought more music today: A greatest hits collection of Genesis and the Eliminator album from ZZ Top.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    ^ ^
    BE BOOP
    yap yap yap

boo boo
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    it's divine retribution for not showcasing Whirly Times in your fanfic
  • edited 2012-07-04 03:20:57
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Admittedly I don't think Lumine should have said what he did, I probably should have said that earlier. There's BeeTLs (I think that's what they called themselves at last check) here too.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I was on BTL for a time.

Then I sick of it and left.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Same here.

I figured I'd give it a go, but I felt it was moving in a direction I didn't much like.
  • edited 2012-07-04 03:38:50
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I could never get into the other offshoot threads. I guess I wasn't a huge fan of IJBM before it got nuked from TVT anyhow, and the reasoning behind BTL never really appealed to me.

• edited 2012-07-04 03:41:11
    The sadness will last forever.
    I'm still a BTLer.

I'm also a member of IJBM but I rarely go there because it's so dull.
    Fouria G said:

I figured I'd give it a go, but I felt it was moving in a direction I didn't much like.

Same here. Occasionally I'm tempted to pop in when I see someone there say something stupid, but I figure it's not worth my time.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Vshao said:

I'm still a BTLer.

I'm also a member of IJBM but I rarely go there because it's so dull.

BURN IN HELL, SINNER!

It's cool, I'm sure we have much overlap with BTL and IJBM. Just as I'm sure there's people from those places that find us a bit too wacky.
  • The last time I was on BTL I was bitching at Anne because reasons.

I haven't been back since.

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Anne's not there anymore, by the way. Says she left because of school, though her presence on Tumblr is not infrequent, from what I know.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

I thought BTL was like...her thing...STILL, real life is real life, and we can't ALL have bitching Software Engineering jobs.

• Anonus said:

Anne's not there anymore, by the way. Says she left because of school, though her presence on Tumblr is not infrequent, from what I know.

I don't really care either way. Anne just irritates me by her very presence, that was just an example. Quite honestly I find most people who were there when I was there last to be quite annoying.

As for BTL, there is no way I could personally self-justify spending any length of time on a website that is specifically about another website, especially when I am prohibited from accessing the website that it's about.

blah blah blah
    something blah
    la la la
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    tumut
  • edited 2012-07-04 04:00:13

I don't really care either way. Anne just irritates me by her very presence, that was just an example. Quite honestly I find most people who were there when I was there last to be quite annoying.

Mhmm, indeed. The worst part is that feeling of "I kinda wish I didn't know these people at all to begin with."

Also: "The Winter Warlock could freeze you with a look, just like Brett Favre! That's $200!"

[Fixed quote. --Central Avenue]
  • edited 2012-07-04 03:57:37
    The sadness will last forever.
    blah

Anonus said:

As for BTL, there is no way I could personally self-justify spending any length of time on a website that is specifically about another website, especially when I am prohibited from accessing the website that it's about.

By the time I joined BTL they had in theory moved away from that focus (of criticizing tropers).

Now they seem to be about Jack Butler's mirror wiki.

Anonus said:

Mhmm, indeed. The worst part is that feeling of "I kinda wish I didn't know these people at all to begin with."

Also: "The Winter Warlock could freeze you with a look, just like Brett Favre! That's $200!"
    That's the point where I wouldn't want to bother with a site at all.

Although I thought Anne was alright.  I didn't always agree with her and she eventually became a difficult troper from a mod perspective, but I don't have a problem with her personally.
  • Now they seem to be about Jack Butler's mirror wiki.

That's honestly significantly sadder. People use that thing?

Although I thought Anne was alright. I didn't always agree with her and she eventually became a difficult troper from a mod perspective, but I don't have a problem with her personally.

Anne and I never really interacted much until she decided to become some kind of moral crusader. I think the real tipping point was when she had that BOLDED POINT FIVE BILLION GEORGE ORWELL QUOTE as a signature.

Real subtle and tactful, that.

There's also a more personal reason, which is that Anne happens to remind me very much of a relative of mine who I sorely dislike (down to the love of Norse things), which contributes to it a bit as well.

Honestly, I think the crux of the problem is, that, in my opinion, she's quite smart, but that's lead her to think she's significantly smarter than she actually is, and smarter than the people around her.

That at least, is the impression I always got from her.

That's honestly significantly sadder. People use that thing?

They do now, I guess. Like I said, BTL moved in a direction I didn't much like; that was a part of it.

Anne and I never really interacted much until she decided to become some kind of moral crusader. I think the real tipping point was when she had that BOLDED POINT FIVE BILLION GEORGE ORWELL QUOTE as a signature.

Real subtle and tactful, that.

There's also a more personal reason, which is that Anne happens to remind me very much of a relative of mine who I sorely dislike (down to the love of Norse things), which contributes to it a bit as well.

Honestly, I think the crux of the problem is, that, in my opinion, she's quite smart, but that's lead her to think she's significantly smarter than she actually is, and smarter than the people around her.

That at least, is the impression I always got from her.

I see. To be honest, I can kind of see how the atmosphere on TVT must have been frustrating to someone like Anne, and how that might have provoked that attitude in her.

I sometimes get the impression that a lot of TVT's critics believe they have a more objective understanding than they actually have.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Hey
  • I sometimes get the impression that a lot of TVT's critics believe they have a more objective understanding than they actually have.

That's true of people in general, honestly.

But honestly a lot of the points she made were rather sound (as I remember anyway, it's been awhile). I disliked the way she expressed them, which was loudly, rudely, and all the god-damn time.

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    But honestly a lot of the points she made were rather sound (as I
    remember anyway, it's been awhile). I disliked the way she expressed
    them, which was loudly, rudely, and all the god-damn time.
    Thats because whenever people tried to be polite, it got ignored.