Something just hit me

Comments

• They were there. Theyw ere places of expression and experience. Places in certain cases for YMMV cases on tropes (for example Jumped The Shark). To me they were a part of the wiki because they had been there for long enough to deserve it. Getting rid of them is going down a dangeorus road. next we'll see the end of al l of the Just For Fun pages.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    No, we won't.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I highly doubt that, because none of the JFF pages are filled with sociopathic murder fantasies and stories about porking your own sister. And being a part of it for a really long time is no reason to keep something around. Life is about progression, about making improvements on things and cutting things that no longer work. There are other sites on the internet for that kind of "expression", Tnu. One of them is called 4chan, you might want to give that a look.
  • Judge not lest ye be judged. Can you h onestly say you are without sin? Who are you to condemn others as freaks?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    I admit that I am a boiling cesspit of depravity. Yet, I generally don't go spewing my depravity all over the internet. Do you see the difference now, Tnu? Is it sinking in yet? Not everyone needs to know all of the disgusting things one does. There are certain things you just keep to yourself, like how sexy you find Miss Piggy.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Tnu the wiki does not want to host anecdotes/content that creep(s) people out/pertains to socially unacceptable behaviors.
  • 1. You find her sexy too? 2. I fail to see how you can be a judge of such things.
    >Tnu the wiki does not want to host anecdotes/content that creep(s) people out/pertains to socially unacceptable behaviors.

Well, not in theory, anyway.
  • I think the problem with the fora is the sort of people it's attracting nowadays combined with a bunch of the people who made the site colorful being banned / quitting.
    ^ Which is a vicious circle, sadly.
  • That's why I'm still there. But only just.
  • I'm sorry for being stubborn really this is just a really emotional topic for me guys.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I might take a break from TVT soon, seeing as how AU isn't hanging around there as much lately and I'm starting to become disillusioned with the LGBT thread.
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:31:31
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    1. You find her sexy too? 2. I fail to see how you can be a judge of such things.

1. Don't joke with me, not in the mood.

2. Ad hominem (since you're so fond of naming fallacies people seem to be using), cut it out. I know you miss them (although you didn't really give a concrete reason for why you miss them), but don't get annoying about it. I'm just saying you don't need to put creepy shit out in the open, how the fuck are you not getting this? And for the record, I've never had sex with a relative or wanted to kill anyone.

I think the problem with the fora is the sort of people it's attracting nowadays combined with a bunch of the people who made the site colorful being banned / quitting.

Agreed.

I'm starting to become disillusioned with the LGBT thread.

Why?
  • When was the last time I pointed out a fallacy for one and two can you illustrate how Iused Ad hominem. I'm just saying one person or even many people are not adaquite judges  of everythng and everyone.
  • The LGBT thread has mutated into something truly stupid. ._.
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:36:11
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ^^No, you seem to be saying that I specifically cannot adequately be the judge of everything and everyone. Regardless, no one is trying to judge "everythng (sic) and everyone). Everyone here (minus you, of course) is just arguing that TT and FF added nothing of value to TVT, and in fact actively brought it down in terms of value. Do you understand now?

^Let me guess; constant gay flirting, A.K.A. what now makes up just about every Yack Fest thread?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I'm stepping in for a minute to say cool it, VM.
    Is anyone moderating the LGBT thread lately?
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ...What'd I do? ._.
  • I understand that you (collective second person) are making that argument. I simply disagree and think that ruining it for those who did enjoy those sections is kind of a dick move.
  • @ Fou: No. And things are getting really bad there in general, I've tried to make things better..... It's mostly just this one guy....
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:39:23
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ^^But you don't have to get on a high horse and condemn anyone making that article for being judgmental, as that's not the point of the argument, nor the intent of anyone making said argument.

^I think I know who, mind if I ask in a PM?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    It was the F-bomb specifically that made me come in (not that swearing isn't allowed, but we were approaching a hostile tone for a moment there).
    I'll keep more of an eye on it in future, then.  I haven't been following that thread.

If you want to PM me about who it is (and I think I can guess), please do.
  •  I'm more making that claim on you speci fically right now because of the wording you use in your argument being judgemental of the people hwo made entries int hose sections.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Not so much for the content of what they posted (although that does factor in a little, I admit. Say what you want about me, but I've never done or spoken positively of anything involving murder, rape, incest or paedophilia), but just the fact that they thought it was a good idea to post it at all.
  • To be honest I never saw any TT pages that went anything like that in my entiere ti me on the site. which is why I think a lot of this is an exaggeration or strawman.
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:49:21
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    They did come under a lot of scrutiny from all ends of the internet. I know it's hard to believe, but trust me, it is not an exaggeration.

Someone, please back me up on this.
  • Forgive me if I can't tak e your word for it.
    Tnu, prior to their deletion several users went through them and found numerous creepy, arrogant and messed up entries.  Lots of useless ones as well.
  • VM speaks the truth.
    I believe SA and a host of other places particularly liked gawking at the worst of it.
    And yeah, they were pretty widely mocked and reviled.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    See? You at least trust these dudes, right?
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:54:28
    So? Who cares what they think? What is the b ig deal?

EDIT: Frankly. No. I don't trust them for the same reason I don't tru st you.
    Well Tnu, things like that invite either revulsion or mockery, so basically what Fourier said!
    The big deal is that they were horrible, attracting horrible people and putting decent people off.
  • edited 2012-01-11 00:55:07
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    To echo an earlier post, it both pushes away new members (which is kind of needed given the banning / leaving issue going on with many tropers) and puts advertisers off of advertising for TVT, which is also kind of really essential to the sites survival.

Or what those two said.
  • Not everybody is ogt9in g to like every aspect of the wiki There's been a lot of pandering lately and it's kind of unnerving. and Like I said I distrust them for the same reason I do you.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Why the distrust?
  • Everyone who has spoken in sucha way on the issue Is or was an administrator or moderator somewhere in some capacity.
    That doesn't make them inherently untrustworthy.
  • edited 2012-01-11 01:02:57
    As far as I'm concerned it does. For that matter there are obvious reasons I can't take your word on that.
  • I'm not any sort of admin or mod.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    ...I never was an admin or mod. ._.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet, but it's worth saying:

It's not as if the higher-ups at TVT just decided they wanted Troper Tales gone. Rather, established members of the community spoke out and it was ultimately put to a vote, and an overwhelming majority voted in favor of the deletion. Why should the moderation keep a section that a vast majority of the userbase doesn't want there?
  • strange I thought at least vM was.
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    Pfffft, I wish. Everyone knows I'm apparently too crude to ever be a mod.