Completely legit reasons for disliking newer Legend of Zelda titles

123457»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Eh, blood and gore only do it for me if it's over the top and more "Wow, just wow" in a funny way. As in Mortal Kombat.

I don't really like that other stuff. Blood for the sake of manliness is meh. Blood for the sake of cool is what I like.

But my earlier question still exists: The two Oracle games, or Minish Cap and Link's Awakening?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Could you actually fit either choices into a day or two?

I'm not familiar with play times for these games, but it seems it would take quite a few hours for any Zelda game unless you play them all the time and know where everything is, etc...
  • edited 2012-06-11 03:19:24
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Justice42 said:

I'm not familiar with play times for these games, but it seems it would take quite a few hours for any Zelda game unless you play them all the time and know where everything is, etc...
    As fast as possible is the key. They can all easily be beaten within a day. Minish Cap is super easy. Oracle games are somewhat harder, but only because of Moosh. LA is a real challenge.

I'm just slow.
  • The sadness will last forever.

Whatever. -shrug-

ZELDA TIME!!!

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I... don't play video games. I'm bad at it, and I don't do it.

*runs away screaming and waving arms*

Justice42 said:

As fast as possible is the key. They can all easily be beaten within a day. Minish Cap is super easy. Oracle games are somewhat harder, but only because of Moosh. LA is a real challenge.

I'm just slow.
    Seems like Minish Cap and LA offer you a more reasonable time of completing the games in a short amount of time, so that's what I would do.
    Well, I'm bad at LA, despite loving it. MC is really easy, though.

Thanks. Funny part is getting people to play the Oracle games is a challenge. They're the other black sheep of the family. XD
    I enjoyed Link's Awakening the most.
    I love blood and gore.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

That's sexual harassment and that guy doesn't have to take it.
  • edited 2012-06-11 10:17:40
    Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was able to tell it's an elevator.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    That guy doesn't look confused, he looks angry.

Also, the elevators buttons are upside-down.

Also, he forgot to draw the social skills.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Irene: Really? I was under the impression that most Zelda fans thought somewhat favorably of the Oracle games. I've seen a few people disinterested in them, but I don't think anyone has ever said they'd consider them black sheep. Then again, it might be a similar thing to the Pokémon fanbase; different people prefer different games/generations/what have you.

I could tell it was an elevator, too. Though I don't think I've ever seen an elevator with both up/down arrows and floor numbers on the inside.

I also enjoyed the Oracle games.

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Lesbian dick

er kick

KICK

I was able to tell it's an elevator.

@ProfessorGator: I was referring to the people I know. It's not favorable among them. Seasons has been considered playable, while Ages is often considered infuriating.

Odd, really.
  • edited 2012-06-11 16:57:59
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Agreed, Squid.
    Oh, I agree. My clique doesn't. My offline one, anyway.

The first four(remakes/ports not counted) handheld games are some of the ones I love the most.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

Oh brother. 

1. Never offer artistic advice or hint at the possibility that the way young and inexperienced groups of artists work might in some way be flawed.

One time I actually did post a comment on Preston's site telling him exactly what I thought of his work. He deleted my comment citing the fact that I did not offer constructive criticism. This is true, I gave him objective criticism. "Constructive criticism" is synonymous with polishing a turd. 

3. Humor is NOT relative/subjective.

There's a reason why the likes of Penny Arcade and George Carlin are so popular. Preston doesn't have the slightest understanding of why. He's even denied the simple concept that humor has a cadence. Preston is in good company, though, Tim Buckley doesn't understand this concept either.

6. Failure to incorporate conflicting suggestions for improvement = incapable of accepting criticism.

Preston = incapable of accepting criticism. FTFY.

7. Trying to quelch flame wars also inexplicably = incapable of accepting criticism.

Deleting comments = incapable of accepting criticism. FTFY, again.

8. Trying to explain your artistic decisions = incapable of accepting criticism.

Making excuses for artistic stagnation = incapable of accepting criticism. FTFY x3.

9. Having lots of watchers = having an inflated ego.

Having lots of fans in the real world = good. Having lots of watchers on DA = nothing. 

11. Every character you draw (even ones you do for commission/jobs) = your personal opinions and beliefs which you must obviously follow rigidly IRL.

No idea what this means. I guess he's bristling at the fact that people point out his characters are two-dimensional single-trick ponies born from his narrow-minded concepts of people in general. Lesbian kick

12. Never change your opinion, even if new information renders your previous position undesirable/wrong.

hahahahah no comment 

14. Never use yourself as the main character for a comic series.

DING DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER

If you're such an interesting person that there needs to be a comic about you, chances are you won't be the one writing and drawing the thing. Preston is trying to be facetious here but he's so off-track that he's listed something that's fact. 

15. Never use the paintbucket to color your comics and instead use a tedious airbrush or magic wand layer selection technique to reproduce the same effect just slower and less efficiently.

Because paintbucket looks artificial and unappealing as all hell, especially the way Preston works it. It doesn't take much more work to flat - color your work in Painter using the media available there. Same with those damn gradient fills.

22. Suggesting that anime/manga fans could stand to learn about the underlying drawing structures to improve their artwork = hating all of japanese culture/history.

People who could stand to take one step past basic underling drawing structures and stylize: Tom Preston

23. Being an asshole to an artist without giving any sort of insightful help what-so-ever = giving constructive criticism.

Preston is right once again, but not in the way he thinks. Giving "constructive" criticism to an artist is actually an asshole move because you're not helping a bad artist at all. You're enabling his shitty habits. 

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Not to be contrary here, but...have we flayed this guy enough yet? Is it really worth it?
  • can we close this thread please

it's depressing

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I can close it again if people like. Are there any objections?
  • Close it, close the door.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Close the door, get off the floor

Nobody wants to do the dinosaur
  • edited 2012-06-14 00:23:52
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Okay then. I notice we don't have a thread about Zelda in general, so if someone wants to start one, feel free.
This discussion has been closed.