• AnD LET ME TELL YOU IT IS NOT OK
  • kill living beings
    had no idea children's card games were this brutal
  • I finished the first season of WIXOSS

unholy mother of cliffhangers aaahhhh
  • edited 2015-08-18 22:53:34

fortunately season 2 is on hulu as well
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I think you are literally the first person to be this entertained by it that I've seen in my circles, which confuses and amuses me. Almost makes me want to look into it more, except short of a group-watch I'm pretty much against it from the start.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I guess I should check this out.
    I find card battle anime weirdly compelling anyway.
  • edited 2015-08-18 23:26:18

tbf it leans so, so much on Madoka so I can see why that would turn people off, but i like how it trades in Madoka's strong focus on plot and themes and tight pacing for a strong focus on character development and a slower, more involved arc.
  • Odradek said:

I find card battle anime weirdly compelling anyway.

it's not really a cars battle anime, they don't really explain the rules or what the cards do or anything

the most you can glean is that the game kinda works like a voltron commander deck in mtg, you have a central card (the LIRG) and the rest of your deck is based around powering it up
    Ah
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    naney said:tbf it leans so, so much on Madoka so I can see why that would turn people off, but i like how it trades in Madoka's strong focus on plot and themes and tight pacing for a strong focus on character development and a slower, more involved arc.

I'm big on
    Madoka, it's more the whole card battle that's an automatic turn-off to me, though apparently that's wrong. Now I just see it as weird for not focusing on those to some detail.
  • kill living beings
    yamada kun and the seven witches started out as this booby comedy with jokey supernatural powers and then turned into an actually sort of freaky occult conspiracy thing
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that sounds Janeish
  • it sounds like what happened to Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, which I am still reading.
  • kill living beings
    yeah, a bit. bla bla disease ritual
  • also:

Actually I Am continues to be the Mick Jenkins of this particular anime season and I really hope more people watch it so they make a second one.

Himouto! Umaru-chan is weird and I don't quite know how I feel about it. The protagonist is annoying but that's sort of the point? But also I'm kinda like having to think about whether I find it funny. On the plus side Country Girl With Anxiety Problems is very relatable.
  • kill living beings
    umaru is a 4koma gag comic so there's not a lot to it

and yes actually i am is going pretty good

i also thought the comic was going to end with the thing it just did but nope cool
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    I like Initial D.
  • kill living beings
    i love the pillar men

everything about them is perfectly absurd

their poses, their designs (mayan? aztec a thousand years early? who cares?), their abilities (this is basically martial arts, so let's make dudes that can dodge by breaking their skulls), their being in rome somehow

but especially the ridiculous arrogance at all times

*leg is blown off* primitive, stop this foolishness

the casual "Hey Kars, you want in on this?"

i'm just laughing my ass off everything is great
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Pillar Men are so great.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    They really are just the most JoJo's of JoJo's antagonists.
  • The new Lupin TV series starts on August 30th. The next nine days can't come fast enough.
  • I don't really think Berserk is really all that people hold it up to be. 

I like the medieval fantasy of it, the art of the Manga is also very detailed and amazing, the mystery elements of it I think are still great.

But the story itself is rather bland imo. I also think the entire thing is saturated with "Ow, the Edge", even for a supposed "Crapsack" world. 

• recent acquisitions during current free-for-all:
    * a prayer (by name), who is a sword
    * a reboot of a paper money salary
    * "your [angel-disliking] hippie"
    * giant and naked, with extra sodium, misspelled
    * my keys say Chris
    * EschatoLogy
    * Knights
    * something that features an Infinity as its theme
    non-acquisitions:
    * Soviet-era car, part 2
    * a hero
    * some people who sound like light weighed
  • edited 2015-08-25 09:34:56
    oh, the recent posts here remind me i forgot to pickup something that's chooser tainted. and also throngs of people.
  • edited 2015-08-25 09:32:35
    naney said:

tbf it leans so, so much on Madoka so I can see why that would turn people off, but i like how it trades in Madoka's strong focus on plot and themes and tight pacing for a strong focus on character development and a slower, more involved arc.

this sounds like a good thing.
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!

Please watch Brave Police J-Decker.
  • naney said:

it's definitely the worse of the two shows but it is good fun
  • that screencap is a convincing argument
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It is pretty convincing.
  • edited 2015-08-25 15:36:42
    Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    Also:

MCCRANE

• naney said:

naney said:

it's definitely the worse of the two shows but it is good fun
    Well, considering that I didn't like Madoka Magica's lack of fleshing out its characters and what I felt was an overly rushed pacing, it sounds like I'll prefer Wixoss.
    What I watched:

What I expected:

What I got:

• Pretty fuckin' much.
  • is it bad that i find neither mental image appealing

• New Lupin III PV. Plus the music is a re-arrangement of the 1st opening of the 2nd Lupin TV series, which just gets me even more fired up.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    is yugo kanno, who composes music for anime, related to yoko kanno, who composes music for anime?
    oh my god you guys watch this

i think you have to click the EN logo in the upper right corner and then click the "English subtitles" button to get subtitles
    That's a real good punchline.
  • kill living beings
    beautiful

reminds me of an arthur c clarke story
  • That was certainly something.
  • i laughed a bunch. that was great
  • I got my friend into Fate/Zero. He immediately tells me that he wants to have sex with almost every woman in it

Is...is this what it feels like to see your apprentice become the master?
  • Also his favorite Servant so far is Rider

+1
    I found out what happens in Fate Zero and it immediately made me stop watching.

Because if I don't watch it, it doesn't happen, right?

It's the same reason I didn't finish My Little Monster. I'm a sad sentimental sack.
    MachSpeed said:

I found out what happens in Fate Zero and it immediately made me stop watching.

Because if I don't watch it, it doesn't happen, right?

It's the same reason I didn't finish My Little Monster. I'm a sad sentimental sack.
    only if you also don't watch/play fate/stay night
    I also have not finished watching Unlimited Blade Works.
  • i'm about halfway through season 2 of log horizon now. still pretty enjoyable.

i think i'll move on to dennou coil, once i'm done with this. it seems really interesting.