Anime

Comments

• what i jokingly refer to as my 'holy trinity' of anime consists of kino's journey, haibane renmei, and mushishi

recently i saw gatchaman crowds (i have lots of complicated feelings about it but it was kind of awesome) and the first season of log horizon (probably the best anime about being stuck in an mmo i have ever seen... not that that's a high bar to clear >_> but it's good)
  • those are three good animus to have as your top animus

i have gotten about that far in log horizon, i liked it, then i just like didnt do season 2 for whatever reason

and then i was watching Saikano but then i ended up watching steven universe and then i just havent quite gotten back to it

• recently i saw gatchaman crowds (i have lots of complicated feelings about it but it was kind of awesome) 

I have never seen that show but Crunchyroll really wants me to watch it.

It's long tho.
  • it does look cool
  • edited 2015-07-29 22:48:36
    crowds is only 12 episodes long, jane

you might be seeing one of the other earlier anime that gcrowds was loosely based on? or something
  • crowds is only 12 episodes long, jane

you might be seeing one of the other earlier anime that gcrowds was loosely based on? or something

the one that's on Crunchyroll's front page is like 40 episodes long
  • kill living beings
    gatchaman crowds on crunchy is one twelve episode season and a bit
  • maybe I was looking at the episode numbers for something else :shrug:
  • edited 2015-07-29 23:36:25
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    gatchaman crowds is good even if i'm still not sure how to feel about some of the things it says (and also the line Hajime says that basically is this (minor spoiler i guess?))
  • Calica said:

gatchaman crowds is good even if i'm still not sure how to feel about some of the things it says (and also the line Hajime says that basically is this (minor spoiler i guess?))

that's a Tyler The Creator quote
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The thing I know about Gatchaman Crowds is that people are angry about its views on human nature and society, though they never clarify what these views are.

It could be advocating mass extermination of left handed people, I don't know.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Calica said:

that's a Tyler The Creator quote
    yes and hajime says
    Spoiler:
    i'm not worried about cyberbullying because i can just turn my computer off
    at one point
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

The thing I know about Gatchaman Crowds is that people are angry about its views on human nature and society, though they never clarify what these views are.

It could be advocating mass extermination of left handed people, I don't know.
    parts of it edge towards a sort of "the internet will cure all ills" sort of deal
  • Calica said:

that is one thing i take issue with it on, yes
  • I am watching World Trigger

it looked kinda dubious, but I was in the mood for something flashy and action-y, and it's by Toei so i knew it would be pretty

but i wasn't expecting it to be absolutely fucking hilarious

seriously, i have not laughed this hard or this often at something since i watched Nichijou
  • kill living beings
    I tried watching the jojo anime a while back but stopped because I was like, what's this jane eyre shit? where are the ridiculous hats and strange things to say like ora and ri? i knew they were coming but didn't want to wait.

well I got pretty drunk last night and xeniera was very convincing, so I'm happy to report that Speedwagon

I tried watching the jojo anime a while back but stopped because I was like, what's this jane eyre shit? where are the ridiculous hats and strange things to say like ora and ri? i knew they were coming but didn't want to wait.

well I got pretty drunk last night and xeniera was very convincing, so I'm happy to report that Speedwagon

?
  • kill living beings
    his hat is incredible

I mean also vampires or whatever, but fuck, blade hat
    It's less Jane Eyre and more The Wuthering Heights.

In that Dio is Heathcliff until he's Dracula.
  • kill living beings
    Yeah probably, but I haven't read Wuthering heights. I mean just the whole Victorian drama business. forcible kisses.
  • edited 2015-08-02 18:08:23
    kill living beings
    I like and hate that Johnny and his dad are so freaking nice. On the one hand it's frustrating to see him fall for obvious traps ("sure, I'll be the one to handcuff you bro, it's not like you just demonstrated your complete lack of concern for familial bonds"), but it's also nice to have such a jesusy character do alright and stab people despite being a fucking idiot. and still being like that after having double Hitler for a brother
    Jonathan. Johnny is his alternate universe horse jockey sarcastic asshole doppelganger.
  • it would appear that your shoulders are only as big as your head while you are a young adult. Such muscular atrophy zeppelini.
  • kill living beings
    Odradek said:

Jonathan. Johnny is his alternate universe horse jockey sarcastic asshole doppelganger.

if i knew jonathan joestar i would call him "johnny" to piss him off. you can't stop me.

Odradek said:

if i knew jonathan joestar i would call him "johnny" to piss him off. you can't stop me.
    DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KLINOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • kill living beings
    also yes their proportions. sweet christmas. the necks, man, the necks.
    also yes their proportions. sweet christmas. the necks, man, the necks.
    tumblr_mh5c62cekf1s2kojso1_1280.png
  • edited 2015-08-02 20:01:30
    kill living beings
    i do love that he got a deerstalker

for his tiny, tiny head
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I friggin' love everything about the art in JJBA.
  • edited 2015-08-03 18:04:35
    kill living beings
    imageimagecameron diaz is my new waifu

she looks just like that bug chick ambiguously gendered individual from hunter x hunter, too

(teppu, 26.5 "natsuo's super dodge ball", tr. animexis)

• imageimagecameron diaz is my new waifu

she looks just like that bug chick ambiguously gendered individual from hunter x hunter, too

(teppu, 26.5 "natsuo's super dodge ball", tr. animexis)

I love Teppu so much. Also going back to re-read this chapter made me realize I missed a new chapter coming out.
  • are yall watching Actually I Am yet

I got halfway through the first episode. I know you said it's slow on purpose, so I might try reading the manga first and then going back to watch the anime if I like it.
  • the second half of the first episode is where it starts getting good IMO.

the manga is good too of course
  • kill living beings
    was the hose piss thing in the manga cos i don't remember it. if not: good thinking animators
  • kill living beings
    so far the plot of gatchaman crowds insight is "what if richard dawkins was a gun control advocate, and attempted to prove his point by buying a gun and shooting random people in the leg"

so far the plot of gatchaman crowds insight is "what if richard dawkins was a gun control advocate, and attempted to prove his point by buying a gun and shooting random people in the leg"

It's not far off from what he does usually
  • kill living beings
    i mean he's not that much like dawkins but he's an atheist edgelord and i need shorthand

his evil organization is called "violent ape", or VAPE for short
  • I'm gonna watch the awful boat anime
  • naney said:

I'm gonna watch the awful boat anime

what about the nice boat anime?
  • life update the bad boat anime is too bad
  • kill living beings
    not watching jojo because i didn't like the victorian england stuff was a mistake. possibly the biggest mistake in my life, just ahead of that time i was really out of it and said hitler wasn't a nazi
  • edited 2015-08-18 06:17:32

selector infected WIXOSS is brutal
  • OH MY GOD

WHAT THE FUCK

WHAT

THE

FUCK

WHATTHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCKWHATHEFUCKWHATHEFUCKWHATTHEFUCK
  • its like that "no meduka ur all zombies" bit but literally 50,000 times more horrific
  • and you see it coming and you do the

• AND THEN IT HAPPENS