z;li;l o;ae;igah i;lei;g jaw;i ghe (GMH opines/muses about things)

Comments

• bells and whistles that indicate not complexity but merely novelty value
  • or perhaps they indicate complexity but not meaningful complexity
  • it's only meaningful to those people who have seen too much stuff too fast and become bored and desiring of novelty value
  • am i projecting my desires onto my interpretations?

perhaps, but so are you
  • and guess what? it's okay

everyone does it

it's okay
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what about people who have seen so much that they no longer feel anything anymore and are desiring of genuine feeling?
  • Tachyon said:

what about people who have seen so much that they no longer feel anything anymore and are desiring of genuine feeling?

i dunno
  • one could say that bergentrückung is "I don't want to fight but I have to" while megalovania is "I want to stop fighting but I can't"
  • is madomagi the undertale of the magical girl genre?
  • okay i think i'm ready to engage in another argument over achievements
  • Is it better to dispose of organic waste in the solid waste stream or in the liquid waste (sewage) stream as smaller particles broken up by a motorized disposer?

solid waste: possible fates include landfill (incomplete decay), trash burning

how well does trash burning recover the energy in the organic waste?

while sitting in trash, organic waste can decay, producing such things as methane, which is a potent GHG

in a sewage system stuff gets washed together and then i think there's some sort of biodigester process that handles the result?  like a giant vat

unbiodegradable trash can be filtered out from said vat

having a giant vat could capture things like a waste stream of methane more efficiently, perhaps

would require more energy to keep that vat flowing

also requires individual distributed input of energy early on in the form of mechanical separation breakdown particle size reduction, from individuals doing it by hand or using disposal machines
  • tldr use organic waste as much as possible before disposing of it
  • achievements mean more to me as "this happened to me" or "one day, i got here" rather than "i'm so good, ph33r me"
  • that's a good question

i'm not sure
  • why is the history display limited to a 90 day period

it does not have to be

your website sucks
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    megalovania is "I want to stop fighting but I can't"
    Not really.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    megalovania is "vriska means business"
    actually i think Glenn is pretty on-point as far as the use of Megalovania in Undertale is concerned?

surprisingly so, actually, given that afaik Glenn hasn't played the game
  • MeGaLoVania relates to the soundtrack in a very interesting way

because it represents the game breaking down, something from outside the game, something from the past coming in

devious and subtle meta-forshadowing of a sort
    Tachyon said:

actually i think Glenn is pretty on-point as far as the use of Megalovania in Undertale is concerned?

surprisingly so, actually, given that afaik Glenn hasn't played the game

Depending on your interpretation of whose theme it actually is, it's either the theme of someone who wants to destroy everything for their own enjoyment, or the theme of someone who doesn't fight only because he's too jaded.
  • edited 2015-12-16 18:47:05
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    well, that's one way of looking at it, yeah

it only plays during one very specific scene, though

it's the theme that accompanies an unstoppable will to triumph pitted against an almost immovable opponent, the former determined to advance but being held at bay (for a time), the latter unwilling to fight but knowing the fight must last an eternity

so Glenn's summary is interesting, because it *is* a fight between two people who want the fight to end but can't end it, albeit for two very different reasons
  • edited 2015-12-16 19:03:29
    he's not quite immovable as he does quite literally move

i actually had the interpretation of the player wanting to see more and seeing Sans as an obstacle to be overcome, and taking the stance of "my actions are horrible in context but I just want to see what the rest of the game has to offer, so i can't stop here", so the theme is that of the omnicidal player rather than that of Sans

but the alternative interpretation is also very interesting

still though i feel the crazed desire to see the task through to the end no matter what the cost is what's represented in the music's thick and fast texture
    pedant!

he's almost immovable in the metaphorical sense that it's real difficult to get past him

he's *almost* immovable in the sense that he can't dodge forever
    naney raised the point that the song didn't originate in Undertale, nor for that matter Homestuck

the circumstances during which it played in Toby's Earthbound hack were in some ways similar, in some ways not

every instance in which the song has played has included an implacable killer

i wanna write some more about this but i'll probably do it somewhere Sredni is less likely to see it and get spoiled on stuff
  • i just find the interpretation of "it's the theme of you, the omnicidal maniac" interesting
  • like the blood knight's final stand, or something
  • edited 2015-12-16 19:21:07
    the name suggests that is indeed what it is, though i don't know if Toby came up with the name or if it came from Homestuck

though, it's not exactly a final stand for you, the player; each enemy in that route is an obstacle to completion, and there are still others who need to die before that
    the name was the same in the halloween hack
    I'm not sure that the Fallen Child counts as a blood knight really, because it's less for the thrill of the fight and more "I loooooooove death." I mean, they're perfectly happy to stab an armless child in the face.
    Calica said:

the name was the same in the halloween hack

ah, i didn't know that

I'm not sure that the Fallen Child counts as a blood knight really, because it's less for the thrill of the fight and more "I loooooooove death." I mean, they're perfectly happy to stab an armless child in the face.

it's open to some interpretation

at the moment i'm more inclined to the view that Chara is motivated simply by a desire to know everything and destroy everyone, a kind of obsessive completionism, rather than pure malice. Not that there isn't malice there, but it's more about the kid being in the way.
  • edited 2015-12-16 20:28:36
    also an interesting thing to me is that (big no-mercy spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    the fights with Undyne and Sans are generally considered the *highlights* of the no mercy run, which is otherwise a dreary grind

in part that comes down to characterization, but from a completionist angle it also supplies a sense of accomplishment; what's the point in winning if there's no challenge?

this is clearly intentional, as there are several instances where the game plays on those expectations: you encounter Mettaton's human-destroying form when you're too powerful for him to be a threat, Sans builds up your anticipation for a special attack that proves to be underwhelming, and there's that cruel split second where Sans looks like he's fine and going to keep fighting before the killing blow lands

so the conjecture that Chara enjoys combat doesn't strike me as unreasonable
  • i love my thread title
  • i eat potato chips with a fork or a spoon or with my lips

anything to avoid touching them with my hands
  • > cheap trips chips

I'm gonna need much more expensive chips than these to go across the country
  • it's funny how i know auto-tune the news #6 and #10 really well and basically don't know any of the others

i didn't find the others entertaining
  • it's funny how i know auto-tune the news #6 and #10 really well and basically don't know any of the others

i didn't find the others entertaining

imokaywiththis.jpg
  • edited 2015-12-17 02:20:36
    tourism on the cheap is something that everyone wants to do but no one can ever do, except for the people who would not be the tourists
  • edited 2015-12-17 02:25:17
    "You're listening to a Japanese song again."

"No, it's Russian."

whee fandubs~
  • > hummingbird group wants more members
    > someone comments that they can't join twice

possible but tasteless topic to bring up: voter fraud
  • i should avoid checking threads about anime out of boredom
  • i can't believe i forgot to add gyrozetter

anyway, one sub group has it up to 50 of 51 eps subbed
  • seek immediate medical help for an election lasting more than 35 days
  • edited 2015-12-17 02:53:20
    things that are dangerous:

* serious sam
    * dangerous dan
    * fight against a dangerous _____ (meme)
    * Dangeresque, too?
    * QP (Dangerous)
    * Dangit, Ron Paul!
  • "Dangit, Ron Paul!" will soon become available for purchase on Steam.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Is this, like, another personal thread, in a sense?
    it kinda seems like one, yeah
  • well i figured it's probably best that i throw my consecutive opinionposts here where they don't interrupt the flow of others' conversation
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Just checking my speculation.