z;li;l o;ae;igah i;lei;g jaw;i ghe (GMH opines/muses about things)

edited 2015-12-18 02:12:23 in General
;lIH;hatl;ihi 9 9og ao;hgeoi; aerilg ;oigo;ih g;oiehoie goie;oigh a;ihg a;ih eg;ihaerigla fdhgaidfhg aihdg ih dgih rigiah rga;ig;ha giha h;g ;ais giha sf;iha sid;f aihsd fiahsd ;ifhiahs;ildhf

edit: declaring this to be a personal thread because it kinda already has been one.  just not putting it in the personal category because i want it to be visible to non-members

feel free to comment on anything, say anything, argue about anything, etc. (as long as it is within site rules)
there is no obligation for anyone to respond to anything, but you are free to do so

Comments

• edited 2015-12-15 16:16:52
    this was my shortest thread creation time ever

because i didn't even have to think about it

not even the tags.  i would normally have put "thistagisalwaysapplicable" and "nonsense" and three others that i can think up (maybe the "morenonsensethanusual" tag or however it's called) but i didn't even bother.  so maybe one other relevant tag could be "laziness" or "lazy" or something like that.
  • the healthcare.gov process confuses me when i am between jobs
  • it's really stupid that people talk about phallic symbols all over the place for things that don't look like penises but never talk about butternut squash or the state of florida
  • the statue of ronald reagan at the entrance to washington national is a convenient target for sticking one's middle finger at while one passes it
  • christmastime should be accompanied by Beach Boys music and Eurobeat
  • the following months are appropriate for Christmas music: june and july
  • the following months should be decapitalized: january, february, march, april, may, june, july, august, september, october, november, december

the following days of the week should be decapitalized: sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday, saturday
  • conference has three syllables, because you are conferrring with people in the process, though if you're quick at it you could shorten it to sound like two i guess, but the ideal should always be three

often does not have a silent t
  • conference has three syllables, because you are conferrring with people in the process, though if you're quick at it you could shorten it to sound like two i guess, but the ideal should always be three

it's funny because i've never actually thought about this before it was brought up here at HH

and the simple fact of someone else implying that only weirdos pronounce it with three syllables made me realize that, wait, the word actually IS spelled with three syllables, so it ought to be pronounced as such
  • "My Soul, Your Beats" is a rather pretty song

it has a quality similar to that of a swift breeze flowing by

not sure whether to call it "fleeting"...it doesn't emphasize transience, but there is a feeling of horizontal motion
  • i have no idea what you're talking about, but my life is an open book
  • i have no idea what you're talking about, but my life is an open book

if you can find the pages, of course
  • some comment involving swimsuits
  • the nyancat and pewdiepie and zero punctuation games feel sorta lame, but whatever

i don't hate them being on steam, i just don't buy them
  • i'm disappointed that apparently fairy fencer F is still a half-shitty game in line with IF's other works, because it actually seemed vaguely interesting at first
  • fuck privatizing public goods
  • edited 2015-12-15 16:30:11
    learning environmental economics may have made me a more generous person
  • song fandubs in my native language are a GOOD thing
  • the true way to enjoy something is to have other things happening in one's life, to which a story can be related
  • if the story doesn't seem enjoyable, it just means that you haven't come up with the appropriate context to give it
  • the process of enjoyment of a narrative is a collaborative creative process between author and audience

it is not a technical process that only the author engages in only for the audience to nitpick the shit out of
  • i coiuld set my cell phone on this stand but then it just slides when i try to use its touchscreen
  • edited 2015-12-15 16:33:28
    phones with physical buttons FTW

everyone should get blackberries if they want smartphones with a keyboard
  • honestly why not just design a flip smartphone with a full keyboard?

that would be ideal

1. not too thin
    2. full keyboard (including physical numpad where appropriate)
    3. can actually type easily and play games and stuff on it
  • antennae are a cool feature
  • controversial social commentary is fun
  • don't use the steam store frontpage to find new games to play

don't ever use a store to find new games to play

only go there when you know what you want to buy

get your recs from your friends or randomkly browsing youtube or something
  • Area: Cleft of Dimension
    Music: Prelude to Empty Skies
  • I wanna like Steel Storm: Burning Retribution but it's a bit of a pain to play sometimes because there's so much graphical detail and it's not always clear what's going on and then I just got ass-handed by some enemy
  • looks like my WiiU and Splatoon money is going to health insurance companies instead

fuck them
  • edited 2015-12-15 16:40:18
    ruins_of_alph_upper_level.gbs
  • oh hey i can actually read/play aselia the eternal this break
  • tricking people into thinking that a song isn't j-pop or anisong by changing the language :D
  • Angel Beats is a story about humanity

Guilty Crown is a story about flaws
  • edited 2015-12-15 16:51:37
    seriously, it's like, all of the characters in GC are flawed in one way or another

these flaws include making really bad decisions in their life

but in a way, the story is about the fact that they are flawed people
  • i wish Ayase actually got to be the protagonist in the last arc of the series

sure, there's a little important bit involving how Shu actually has a relationship with Inori and that was part of what saved the day

but i am sure that could be rewritten
  • edited 2015-12-15 17:14:25
    i'm sorry i'm not hyped about the new star wars movie

in fact i'm not really all that interested in star wars

i don't really care that it's a major geekystuff franchise

i'll become interested in it when i become interested in it
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

the statue of ronald reagan at the entrance to washington national is a convenient target for sticking one's middle finger at while one passes it

did you know that the air traffic controllers still refuse to call it anything but "national"
  • Calica said:

the statue of ronald reagan at the entrance to washington national is a convenient target for sticking one's middle finger at while one passes it

did you know that the air traffic controllers still refuse to call it anything but "national"
    good to know i'm not the only one
  • the "Evergreen" track from Terranigma is a really really nice comforting and warm track
  • apparently i am not the first person to think of "RWBY Tuesday"
  • I flip between being skeptical of Dark Souls to being kinda interested in it to being skeptical again.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    more like dork souls amirite
  • edited 2015-12-16 14:25:36
    marvelous USA

please fix your website already

so that i don't have to:
    1. keep signing into the forum every time i visit it
    2. wait for your slowly-loading homepage to load
    3. look at anime smut while waiting

i love your Ys games

i don't love your Senran Kagura games
  • Element Hunters is a good anime series

it's just not very good at teaching chemistry

well okay it teaches chemistry as dramatically-presented facts, but the facts are a little distanced from real-life application
  • a single headphone and a single pant
  • IAT: we consider musicians/designers/creators/etc. as personalities rathet than just looking at their work
  • is it really true that open world sandbox pvp survival games are the domain of bored teens who lack meaning in their lives or is there a demographic group i'm missing?
  • an experientially mature audience member who genuinely prefers the simple and familiar over the overwrought and more novel