The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Had my driving lesson, and now I've got my theory test booked. 
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Cool.

The cable guy still isn't here. He was scheduled to be here between 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM and it's now nearly 3:00 PM.

I called the cable company and they said my technician will be here in about an hour and a half...
  • Blech.

Went to the phone place, the Z² Play is out of stock there and apparently everywhere in Canada. It's really cool how despite it being allegedly discounted for their back-to-school event it was at no point during that event possible to actually buy it.

I guess I should've gone in with a second choice picked out, but it's hard given their narrow selection. And the idea of spending $500-1000 on a "second choice" for a device that I'll be hopefully using for three years or more bothers me a whole lot, but I kind of need a phone now and not at an unspecified point in the future.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    can you try your carrier's website? or google play?
  • If you're asking whether the website will tell what the store has in stock, the answer is no, it doesn't.
    nah, ordering the phone from there
  • edited 2017-09-09 20:04:58
    Calica said:

nah, ordering the phone from there

The person in the store told me they're out of stock country-wide, so if I did that I'd probably have to wait weeks.

Also because of bullshit I have to buy a more expensive plan to even be able to order a phone off the website?? I probably am going to have to do that anyway for various reasons, but that's still some bullshit.

Amazon claims they can ship me an unlocked one by Tuesday, which wouldn't be so bad, but it ends up being a lot more expensive than it would've been to get it from the carrier. (And all up front rather than over two years, which is a problem because for various bullshit reasons I basically haven't gotten paid for the last few months...)
    wow that is some incredible bullshit, and I thought american carriers were bad (i mean, they are)
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • You know

I really hate when I have a dream where big important meaningful things happen
    samsung emoji continue to be terrifying

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    ($_$)
     \$/
  • edited 2017-09-10 01:10:04
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Hexartes said:

You know

I really hate when I have a dream where big important meaningful things happen

Yeah, that's always a kick in the gut.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    My dad, as a kid/young-teen, used to have a dream where his dad came back (where it turned out he was still alive, but had been kidnapped by the Soviets, and had only now managed to escape and return).
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I remember waking up and going "Wait, so none of that really happened?  How many years old am I?" at least once.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

I remember waking up and going "Wait, so none of that really happened?  How many years old am I?" at least once.

This post is the ending of Twin Peaks
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    probably
    I kinda wish the title "Twin Peaks" wasn't taken already
    Did you know: Twin Peaks was originally supposed to end with Cooper waking up, to discover he was now Diane Selwyn?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    woah....
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The cable guy did eventually show up, by the way. About 2 hours after he was scheduled to be there. He says the people at their office overbooked the Columbus technicians to the point that they had 30 more jobs today than they were actually able to handle.

Unfortunately, he wasn't actually able to install my cable, because the utility right-of-way is completely overgrown and he couldn't get his ladder up to the pole to connect the cable. So...they're sending somebody out MONDAY to come clear the plants, then someone will come out TUESDAY to actually set me up with my new service.
  • In the end I got a Galaxy A5. I'm not really sure how I feel about Samsung devices these days, but it was at least pretty cheap, and the internet tells me it has good battery life. Of course, my last Samsung phone also had good battery life at first. I'll get used to the Samsungness again eventually, I guess.

I had to upgrade to a more expensive plan to take advantage of the back-to-school discount, but it's at least actually a better plan. (I had an old promotional plan which I'd resisted getting rid of because all their new plans come with much less data, but right now they're running a promo that gives a whole bunch of bonus data so I'm actually getting more rather than less. One upside of my phone dying in early September, I guess.)
    Mogg Assassin, as interpreted by Google Translate.
  • edited 2017-09-10 20:41:01
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Gotta say, "you will destroy the biological circle" sounds pretty metal.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Groovy as fuck.
  • "Snake is the Killer of the Goblin" is the first single from my new album
    engineering paper is so much better than regular graph paper

it's also more expensive

but it's great
    moo
    ah, the rare Bulb Cluster
  • edited 2017-09-11 03:36:05
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Remember that time WotC reprinted Ancestral Recall?

EDIT:
    (Joke explanation: When Treasure Cruise was first spoiled, people were saying it wasn't good enough to see play in Legacy and Modern. It such a good card, it's banned in those formats.)
  • Just been the to gym.

I've just done 1.5km of walking, 3.5km of cycling, and 1.5km on the cross trainer.
  • kill living beings
    lol
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I slept well and long! Chirps victoriously
    🎉
  • The sadness will last forever.
    good
  • edited 2017-09-11 18:28:15
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know

Central heating and central air conditioning are convenient, but I kind of like the flexibility that comes with being able to heat or cool different rooms in the same house separately
    Did you know?: The 🔏 emoji actually means sharks.

"There's something about wind that's different to burglars."
    *sigh* WOW still couldn't get my cable installed. They're sending someone out tomorrow with a bucket truck to see if they can clear the line enough to hook me up.
    For a moment I was worried that was gonna be loss
    i'll be honest, for the first two lines i was almost expecting loss
  • For a moment I was worried that was gonna be loss

are you sure it's not
    colors :D
  • edited 2017-09-11 23:02:42
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    What do I look like to you, some kinda Loss poster?
    01111100 00100000 00100000 01111100 00100000 01111100 01111100 00001010 01111100 01111100 00100000 01111100 00100000 01001100
    Quite frankly I'm offended. :<