The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My internet actually died last night
  • My mum's just found a notebook computer that's quite old

How old?

It has a floppy disk slot.
  • DYRE said:

6 Mbps as in that's the actual speed you're getting or that that's the maximum speed they claim you'll get but it's actually slower? If the former then that's basically how my connection is most of the time.

6 is the claimed speed, speedtest tells me I'm actually getting 5.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Meanwhile I pay for 15 Mbps but consistently get ~20 according to speedtest

I am going to switch providers soon though
  • I might end up switching to a higher speed at some point, but my financial situation is such that while I could probably afford that it seemed prudent to start with the cheapest plan available and see whether it's tolerable. If I were going to upgrade I'd probably jump all the way to 15, just due to the way their pricing works. (The speeds go 6, 7, 10, 15; I'd expect that if 6 isn't good enough then 7 won't be either, and 15 is only a buck more than 10 for some reason.)
  • color theory looks like a very nice course plus I got to sit next to a very cute freshman >w>;;
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I could go for some beef right about now

Maybe not, like, a steak

But some pot roast or something would be great
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    :o
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tamlin said:

color theory looks like a very nice course plus I got to sit next to a very cute freshman >w>;;

What kinda cute? 0w0
  • a bit gangly, docs, olive cargo pants and a... i think it was a theater club t-shirt? triangle stud earrings and a helix piercing, thick round tortoiseshell frames, a tad greasy (on the far end of puberty, im guessing he was... 19-20?)
    hawt

This video was uploaded over a decade ago

A variation on this same joke is still making the rounds on Tumblr

I love the Internet sometimes
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Pfffffffft.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    objection: some of those actions in that video were unlocking the taskbar
    still interesting.
    Tamlin said:

a bit gangly, docs, olive cargo pants and a... i think it was a theater club t-shirt? triangle stud earrings and a helix piercing, thick round tortoiseshell frames, a tad greasy (on the far end of puberty, im guessing he was... 19-20?)

:3
    I spent almost all of my extra day off in freakin' bed.

I know it's because of a medical condition that I'm actively seeking treatment for but still...it sucks.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    image i question this thermostat's definition of cool

• it occurs to me that I've liked this song for over six years and it still feels like yesterday that I heard it.
  • kill living beings
    well that's cos it's good shit.
  • I remember when I first heard this song. It was at the first floor of my best friend's house. The guy's family owned a cafe that used a custom-made playlist. 

I barely had time to scribble down the chorus. Later I searched Google for it, and then I downloaded an mp3 off of mp3skull. 

Yeah, pretty good shit.
    boop
  • Blech, my phone is fucked and the guy I took it to claims it's not repairable. (Or, rather, that the replacement part doesn't exist.) I may take it to another place for a second opinion but if they all get their parts from the same place it won't matter.

I guess I might be getting a new phone this year after all...
  • btw if anyone has phone recommendations I'd be happy to hear them
  • My Galaxy J7 has served me well.
  • Motorola Moto anything. The E and G lines are typically excellent performers in their price ranges, and while I do think my Z2 Force is a bit outside of a comfortable price range, I think that the sheer experience of using it has alleviated that a bit (I've only had mine a week after falling into a very similar situation to yours).
  • edited 2017-09-08 19:47:44
    Part of the issue is that since my old phone is going to become nonfunctional very soon, I kinda want to get a new one ASAP if I am getting a new one, so it's probably going to have to be one of these or something else I can buy in person rather than online.
    Tre said:

Motorola Moto anything. The E and G lines are typically excellent performers in their price ranges, and while I do think my Z2 Force is a bit outside of a comfortable price range, I think that the sheer experience of using it has alleviated that a bit (I've only had mine a week after falling into a very similar situation to yours).

I'm leaning toward the Z² Play right now, in part because my current phone is an X Play that I was pretty happy with until it decided to stop charging ever. A shame about the battery life though...

The Force is not in Canada yet, I think. Would probably be outside my price range anyway.
    Canada does not have enough midichlorians
  • Folks have had similar complaints about the Z2 Force's lessened battery life compared to its original model, but I dunno, I've been seeing pretty solid daily results from it, and even when I do need to top up, the TurboPower charging is legitimately astounding-- I've gone from 3% to 20% or so in 15 minutes or less.

Hopefully the same can be said of the Play model this year. My best friend just got one so I'll have to see what their experience has been like.
  • Yeah it's mostly just that it feels bad to downgrade, you know? I'm pretty sure the new one's battery life will be sufficient.

image i question this thermostat's definition of cool

If it's about 20.6, though, it's certainly Nice.
  • I've just finished rewatching Seraph of the End.

I need a new season ASAP
    Toolsie said:

I've just finished rewatching Seraph of the End.

I need a new season ASAP

I still need to finish that.

What I saw of it was enjoyably operatic and extremely gay.
  • edited 2017-09-08 21:22:04
    ಠ_ಠ

Toolsie said:

I've just finished rewatching Seraph of the End.

I need a new season ASAP

I still need to finish that.

What I saw of it was enjoyably operatic and extremely gay.
    Yes.

That is the entire anime.

Operatic as fuck and extremely gay.

So very gay.
  • I watched it in Japanese with English subtitles.

The only way to watch it, really.
    All anime should be watched in Japanese with English subs.
  • I prefer to watch my anime in swedish with swahili subs, personally
    Just lol if you don't watch anime in the original Sumerian.
    This discussion has gotten far away from the most salient fact about Seraph of the End, which is that Yoichi Saotome is pure moe and I shall make him my bride.
    I wonder if I could be moe
    I think everyone is moe for someone.

Part of the issue is that since my old phone is going to become nonfunctional very soon, I kinda want to get a new one ASAP if I am getting a new one, so it's probably going to have to be one of these or something else I can buy in person rather than online.

Tre said:

Motorola Moto anything. The E and G lines are typically excellent performers in their price ranges, and while I do think my Z2 Force is a bit outside of a comfortable price range, I think that the sheer experience of using it has alleviated that a bit (I've only had mine a week after falling into a very similar situation to yours).

I'm leaning toward the Z² Play right now, in part because my current phone is an X Play that I was pretty happy with until it decided to stop charging ever. A shame about the battery life though...

The Force is not in Canada yet, I think. Would probably be outside my price range anyway.
    you can be like me and get an expansion battery for it
    (I have the original Z Force)
    the z force, a group of teens with attitude
  • Calica said:

Tre said:

you can be like me and get an expansion battery for it
    Yeah I did notice that that was apparently an option, which is nice if it does turn out to be insufficient.

Honestly though, it's rare that I'm all that far from somewhere to charge it anyway. With my current phone I have the luxury of never needing to bring the charger to campus, but if I did need to do that it wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • I was thinking of going and buying a phone today but I guess it isn't that urgent. I'll sleep on it and decide in the morning if I'm just gonna do that or if I feel like going on a tour of phone repair shops in Waterloo Region.
  • Life's not complete 'til your heart's missed a beat