The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's been several years but I'm still mad over Twitter's refusal to use a wordmark anymore
  • kill living beings
    why bananas
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Twitter not-bird is pan, and shall always be that way.
  • it's not a bird, it's a symbol of Twitter
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tachyon said:

There is a very real subtext of
    the original ending being Madoka basically just running away from her problems
    that could well be picked up on in any future Madoka media.

i can see it but i don't really agree?  idk maybe i missed something that would tip me more towards that reading, as it was i felt her actions were more straightforwardly an act of self-sacrifice, given she seemed to destroy herself in the process and while the world wasn't fixed you'd have to concede it was better than it had been
    Jane said:

they never have been before. People were pretty shocked that they announced 3 new anime at Ax this year.

it probably helps that all three are co-productions. You might know A-1 from their work on Literally Every Anime Ever Made and Promare is being helped with by some game company I've never heard of. I forget who's co-sponsoring Gridman but someone is.

ah, this is cool

i'm seriously out of the loop on what's going on in anime atm

offhand i didn't know who A-1 were but i see they did Fairy Tail (which i liked) and SAO (which i did not like)

as a pitch i feel 'guy w/ mohawk wields a giant firecracker' has serious potential at least
    A-1 are actually the animation arm of Aniplex, which is itself Sony's Japanese animation management division. On the positive side of things, they're dependable contractors for freelance directors and smaller studios to get more ambitious things done on a tight schedule... but they are also known for an incredibly samey house style and cranking out dozens of terrible light novel adaptations. On the one hand, they produced From the New World, Tsuritama, and Porter Robinson's "Shelter" video; on the other, they're responsible for The Asterisk War and Eromanga-sensei. I think their collaboration with Trigger will go well because, hell, it's Trigger, but their original work is a total crapshoot because they're not really about what a lot of other studios are about.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I can't contain it in a square, I can't put shadows anywhere, I cannot double, flip, or skew, nor add a hat, or give it hue.

I cannot change the bird-I'm-Not, can't change it or I'll get got.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz said:

I can't contain it in a square, I can't put shadows anywhere, I cannot double, flip, or skew, nor add a hat, or give it hue.

I cannot change the bird-I'm-Not, can't change it or I'll get got.

I was gonna respond with a thumbs-up emoji but I couldn't remember if your computer renders emoji or not so...thumbs up, yo!
  • edited 2017-08-05 22:28:54
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Don't forget ERASED, Grimgar, Perfect Insider, Idolmaster, and a lot of other actually legit, interesting, or other potentially neat shows!!

Also the currently airing F/Apocrypha. Honestly, I'm a low-key A-1 fan, the more I think about it. Or, like, Something. They interest me and I like seeing their name on stuff an aight amount of the time.
  • kill living beings
    i probably will forget grimgar and perfect insider. i cannot be stopped.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Wao.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i'll remember perfect insider, but mostly for that awesome ed
    do not contain in a shape: the bird symbol of twitter cannot be contained
  • edited 2017-08-05 23:10:07
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I mean honestly Perfect Insider took a sharp decline for me after like the third or fourth episode for me, but the OP, ED, and Dr. Magata all rule.
    Crystal said:

Don't forget ERASED, Grimgar, Perfect Insider, Idolmaster, and a lot of other actually legit, interesting, or other potentially neat shows!!

Also the currently airing F/Apocrypha. Honestly, I'm a low-key A-1 fan, the more I think about it. Or, like, Something. They interest me and I like seeing their name on stuff an aight amount of the time.

They strike me as something of a blank slate, honestly. Like, with A-1, you *really* need to look at who the writers and directors are and what the source material is, stuff that's informative but not definitive with a lot of other studios. They're workmanlike to a fault, and if the foundations aren't up to snuff, the results are baaaaaaaad.
    I mean I already do that with every studio, I just happen to be mixed to positive with this one.
    Also, sweet and sour sauce is a gift.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i wish all things relating to the emoji movie would just disappear and we had no recollection of any of it

Give it a few more months

believe you me i would love for those months to pass already
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    There was an emoji movie?

pop culture, thy suckage knows no bounds
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Anonus said:

i wish all things relating to the emoji movie would just disappear and we had no recollection of any of it

Same.

Odradek said:

Perfect.
    magical girl? more liek TRAGICAL GIRL there i said it.
    c'mon, waitemran,w e were all thinking it
    back since the gorege w. bush years

you knwo, chef, you're not wrong
    but i do wonder why you had to say it now

well, what better time to make a CNTRVOVERSIAL STATEMENT aagsinst the goernment
    than while you're in line to get your mearraige license?

this is walmar,t hough
    we're not etting married today

oh, i must have gotten mixed up
    is today christmas?

no, it's the fourth of july

in that case, i'll get out the cake mix
    do we have any frosting left?

only a little bit
    you keep feeding it to my sister

i know! it's graet

excpet she asked you to, and I qoute, "Please refrain from feeding me frosting by the spoonful, Chef."

o, is that what she said?
    i thought she was speaking Russian
    Isn't she from Russia?

we've been over this before, cEhf
    my sister is not secretly Grand Duchess Anastasia who is rumored to ahve survived the execution of the Romanov famiyl

are you sure?

pretty sure
    should we double-check?

yeah
    i'll get the batteries

i told you, this one runs from an AC acadepter

yes but the only AC cadpater i have is 9 volts
    and this one requires 7,000,000,000 volts

no it odesn't

oh
    still obsessed with russia huh?
    lil bit
    read The Master & Margarita

if you're such a Russiaboo
    to be a little less scared of Russia
  • Early in the morning on the fourteenth of the spring month of Nisan the Procurator of Judaea, Pontius Pilate, in a white cloak lined with blood-red, emerged with his shuffling cavalryman's walk into the arcade connecting the two wings of the palace of Herod the Great.
  • I hotness back at half ten last night.

I had been travelling for twelve hours straight.
  • So guess who is on a diet?

This girl, right here.

My meal plan for today:

Breakfast: toast

Brunch: a pear

Lunch: carrot soup

Snack: fruit

Dinner: vegetable stir fry

Snack: toast
  • edited 2017-08-06 19:08:40
    The '80s classic song Don't You (Forget About Me) is now indelibly associated with the X-Men franchise in my mind.

What did I do to deserve this fate
  • edited 2017-08-06 19:57:40
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I just learned that Mr Rogers' Neighborhood was filmed in Fred Rogers' hometown of Pittsburgh.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    There's a floor in the Carnegie Children's Museum dedicated to him
    I once had a kitty named Stormy

My sister swears he was a solid black cat

BUT HE WASN'T.

If you looked at him under exactly the right light, you could see stripes

That's right: he was a black and almost-black TABBY!
  • One of my cats turned from black to dark orange as it got older??? I don't know how or why.
  • cats are mysterious creatures

I once had a kitty named Stormy

My sister swears he was a solid black cat

BUT HE WASN'T.

If you looked at him under exactly the right light, you could see stripes

That's right: he was a black and almost-black TABBY!
    Our dog is kind of like that. It's a cool thing.
  • Mansta said:

One of my cats turned from black to dark orange as it got older??? I don't know how or why.

cat magic (catgic)
    I had an extremely orange dog
  • kill living beings
    i shame my ancestors.
    we are doomed
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Oh, you found a picture of the summoning and subsequent capture of the invisible giraffe. Those were dark days, when the imperceptible menaced the innocent, and hid all the hats away on the top shelves.

is it unusual to be a male artist (or someone like one) dating a female engineer?
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    nah man, that's awesome.