The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

There is a very real subtext of
    the original ending being Madoka basically just running away from her problems
    that could well be picked up on in any future Madoka media.

i can see it but i don't really agree?  idk maybe i missed something that would tip me more towards that reading, as it was i felt her actions were more straightforwardly an act of self-sacrifice, given she seemed to destroy herself in the process and while the world wasn't fixed you'd have to concede it was better than it had been
    I think that makes more sense than the way I was phrasing it.

Basically, I was going for how it feels like Madoka didn't really seem to take notice of how her friends would feel about what she did. Self-sacrifice is a better way of putting that.
    right, which is why Homura did what she did, yeah.  Madoka didn't take her feelings into account.

definitely get where you're coming from with this
    Tre said:

Hey Tach!

recently I've been making strides with the whole journalism student thing -- I just came off of an internship with a local TV station in my hometown, and when I go back to school the student paper wants me to talk with them about being an editor on the staff there!

I also started my own Discord server, though unlike Jane's, mine is just a general purpose chat thing for my friends and I

good to have you back around these parts

Hey Tre!  That's awesome!  It's really exciting how you're doing what you love and i guess moving towards a career in that field, i take it?

yee! I honestly feel like it's a field that I can contribute to in a meaningful way and I'm laying the foundation for that right now. S'pretty cool.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Hey @Tachyon. I've literally only been doing Microecon and State Government homework, and watching various anime and trying to slowly work in mental health, artistic, etc. sorta shit. Not... super much, honestly.

I mean I did visit a good online friend and go to Buttercalica's wedding, but like aside from that it can be boiled down as such. Will you be able to make more appearances in the future...?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i mean i don't see why not

i'll be getting an actual modern day phone at some point next week hopefully, so then i guess i'll be able to drop by whenever
    Fun Madoka Facts: When the show originally aired, the first two episodes didn't have an ED at all, and the dream sequence from episode 1 had a slowed down version of Magia due to an audio glitch.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yay!!
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I have maintained my job at the old folks home.

My brother has moved to Atlanta for post-graduate schooling.

My mom got a new job.

It has been a tumultuous year for me, partially due to internet drama and partially due to America Experiencing Technical Difficulties Please Check Back Later
  • oh man, its really unfortunate how this year has been amazingly good for me on a personal level but like the world events are not so hot

• Tachyon said:

is it still up?

It is. I doubt any of you'd understand it though.
    internet drama here, or elsewhere?

sorry you've been having such a rough time Odra :(
    Alduin said:

Tachyon said:

is it still up?

It is. I doubt any of you'd understand it though.
    i'm guessing it's in Tagalog/Filipino (unclear on the correct terminology, sorry)?
  • Well that and that it's based around politics only I have a grasp of around here.

Yes, the two terms are interchangeable.
    ah, fair enough

yea i probably wouldn't have the context to understand it even in English, in that case
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    HI TACHYON

IT'S CENTIE
    HI CENTIE HOW ARE YOU
  • I too have had a pretty good personal life despite everything Turning To Shit.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I am doing well, I think.

I got a JOB (though I don't have an official start date yet) and I'm enrolled half-time at OSU for the upcoming semester.

Most exciting, though, is that ANONUS is coming to visit me in less than a week!! 👸🏻❤️👦🏾
    :D

What's the job?
    mail sorter for a private postal contractor ^_^
    I can't believe CA has turned into a post sorting machine.
    Tachyon said:

internet drama here, or elsewhere?

sorry you've been having such a rough time Odra :(
    Elsewhere though it's kinda bled over to here due to how much it messed me up

I'd prefer to continue the conversation over PMs, if you want to know more
    i'll pm you, Odra

i have an errand i need to run first though, brb
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    birb
    If Kirby swallows Birdon, does he become Birby?
    yes
    speaking of which, this month is the 25th anniversary of Kirby's first game

I think I'll play it
  • jcvc from the TRIGGER Discord joined today and y'all better be nice to her or I will eat ur bones
    don't be silly

androids don't have bones
    I was wondering who that was!
  • kill living beings
    how does one prepare bones
  • kill living beings
    huh.
  • edited 2017-08-05 18:31:16
    kill living beings
    i tried googling that and it completed to "deep fried boneless pork chops"

no, google. i know what i want.
    Boneless mayonnaise?
  • I'm gonna make a post
  • The Knife hot take: Got 2 Let U sounds like an Animal Crossing song.
  • Hexartes said:

I'm gonna make a post

thanks for the warning

:Supa Hot Fire noises:
  • kill living beings
    Hexartes said:

The Knife hot take: Got 2 Let U sounds like an Animal Crossing song.

hm
  • I'm mad b/c I'm at work and there's nothing to do, so I could technically be at home right now reading Murcielago
  • when will Kuroko enter my home and shove her 2 foot long tongue down my [redacted]
  • kill living beings
    when will Kuroko enter my home and shove her 2 foot long tongue down my [subscribe for more]
  • edited 2017-08-05 19:38:59
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    When will?
  • The sadness will last forever.
    gonna go outside soon
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Alduin said:

No, see, this bothers me because the analogy's not good. That'd be like the guy talking about Romance of the Three Kingdoms or the Tale of Genji.

Actual reverse weeb-ism would be more like

"WHOA, JUDGE DREDD IS SO AWESOME"

"DID YOU KNOW I'VE READ EVERY NEIL GAIMAN NOVEL EVER PUBLISHED"

"I'M A DIE-HARD CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY FANATIC"
    isn't that basically kojima
    There are some famous Japanese westaboos

Kojima and his love of American action movies

Araki and his love of American music and horror movies and Italian everything else
    imageimage