The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Turn around

it's a human skull on the ground
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have been, and always shall be, a cow.
  • kill living beings
    born in ze echoes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

This was the only good thing about the Wayside cartoon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    dafuq edge who asked you to capitalize my 'i's???
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You're actually using Edge?
    everything got deleted and i hadn't gotten around to reinstalling chrome until now
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Just lol if you don't surf the web using the cloud connected telepathy orb.
    i have had a frustrating experience, but it's all my own doing

i made a new microsoft account and password when i set up office on this machine, because paranoia, and forgot not just the password but the account name

so now i'm waiting for microsoft support to email me so i can get back into my account
    imo use LastPass
    the irony is everything that i did out of paranoia before has been entirely undermined in the last few hours in attempt to get my account back and get office back

imo use LastPass

i didn't know about this
    . . . lastpass seems very insecure to me?

like if you know one password you have access to all of them
    all laid out for you on a big graphical password-platter
    i am so so tired, but it's p much morning

i had 2 hours of sleep wednesday night and none at all tonight

i want my computer 100% working the way it was with all my stuff *now* but i don't think there's anything i can do until microsoft get back to me so i guess i'll leave it for now and get breakfast
    i think i have internet addiction and i'm relapsing
    how can you keep going on so little sleep?
    I've done it before. Sometimes it just happens.

Like the night they arrested the Boston Marathon bomber and I stayed up for 24 hours straight without even realizing it until I started questioning why I was suddenly feeling like I needed to crash.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yeah get breakfast and all, Tach. Shoos you away, while also suggesting you look into stuff to curb the addictiony stuff
    i just haven't left my chair

it will catch up with me at an inconvenient time most likely, i was going to clean the house today

maybe i should just write this morning off and go to bed now, i dunno
  • kill living beings
    Viani said:

I know somebody who owns a Grenade Launcher and I want to know how

they're "destructive devices" under US firearms law. you have to register with the ATF but it's legal to own one.

just, hardly anybody does, because they're very expensive and nobody who manufactures them is interested in selling to civilians.
    rocket lawnchair
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Heading out to do stuff with Dad. Talk later, peeps.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Take care.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Crystal said:

Take care.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

Viani said:

I know somebody who owns a Grenade Launcher and I want to know how

they're "destructive devices" under US firearms law. you have to register with the ATF but it's legal to own one.

just, hardly anybody does, because they're very expensive and nobody who manufactures them is interested in selling to civilians.
    i imagine you might be able to get one from DRMO if you got lucky enough, but still.
    Hmmm. Seems things are being delayed, so I'm just gonna go back to musicking.
    tech support headache >_<

after waiting all day for an email from microsoft so that i can reset my password, regain access to my account and recover my office install, they sent me the exact same form i was unable to fill out before, and a lecture on account security

this doesn't help at all
    a "boop" is more helpful than expecting tech support from microsoft...

a "boop" is more helpful than expecting tech support from microsoft...

am i being naive?

maybe i should just buy another copy and be done
  • kill living beings
    well

i don't want to be mean, but password managers are for this kind of thing. your options are
    • single password point of failure
    • you forget a password, and either give up, or let a central service reset it for you
    the last of course requires that you prove your identity to them, which is what the password is for to begin with. Calling support and asking for resets is actually a common attack nowadays, so it makes sense that Microsoft rejected you here (if i understand what you said correctly)

so you're either going to have to find the password, or mail microsoft a blood sample or whatnot to do a reset, if they even allow that. it sucks for you, of course. sorry this is happening
    I'm at the airport to pick up Anonus

This weekend is gonna rock
    I HAVE AN ANONUS WITH ME
  • edited 2017-08-12 00:25:58
    ಠ_ಠ
    Nevermind
  • edited 2017-08-12 16:35:40
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

well

i don't want to be mean, but password managers are for this kind of thing. your options are
    • you forget a password, and either give up, or let a central service reset it for you
    the last of course requires that you prove your identity to them, which is what the password is for to begin with. Calling support and asking for resets is actually a common attack nowadays, so it makes sense that Microsoft rejected you here (if i understand what you said correctly)

so you're either going to have to find the password, or mail microsoft a blood sample or whatnot to do a reset, if they even allow that. it sucks for you, of course. sorry this is happening
    no it's ok, i realize i brought this on myself

i am gutted though

at the same time i do feel kind of hard done by, they know i'm not lying because i allowed one of their reps remote access and he confirmed that the account had been used from the PC i'm using.  so it's not a question of security, they know it's me they're just pretending not to because procedure demands that i answer their security questions, which i can't because they're asking for information that literally doesn't exist, about credit cards i never used and emails i never sent

so although it's my fault it's still frustrating as all heck

in any case i didn't even know about password managers until CA brought them up, so that wouldn't have helped me

at this point i don't really expect them to solve the problem, but i'm just gonna keep pestering them because obviously i don't have the money to keep buying the same software every time my OS needs to update and decides it needs to be a PITA about it
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I am extremely hyped for seeing the new DuckTales in a few years when it's on DVD or, failing that, Netflix.

I mean, everything I've seen of it has been utterly fantastic!
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Microsoft forcing the majority of Visual Studio to install on C: is the dumbest thing.

Microsoft is the dumbest thing.

ftfy
  • kill living beings
    Tachyon said:

well

no it's ok, i realize i brought this on myself

i am gutted though

at the same time i do feel kind of hard done by, they know i'm not lying because i allowed one of their reps remote access and he confirmed that the account had been used from the PC i'm using.  so it's not a question of security, they know it's me they're just pretending not to because procedure demands that i answer their security questions, which i can't because they're asking for information that literally doesn't exist, about credit cards i never used and emails i never sent

so although it's my fault it's still frustrating as all heck

in any case i didn't even know about password managers until CA brought them up, so that wouldn't have helped me

at this point i don't really expect them to solve the problem, but i'm just gonna keep pestering them because obviously i don't have the money to keep buying the same software every time my OS needs to update and decides it needs to be a PITA about it
    i believe that microsoft doesn't actually intended to release further versions of windows, and instead will just keep changing this one
  • for the foreseeable future, at least

there is a chance that once we get a little closer to the support cutoff date for 10 (October 2020) we might see something like a 10.1 or a major update in the same vein, but something tells me that they won't really end up reinventing the wheel with a completely new version of Windows for a good while; since Windows 8 dropped it's seemed like they've been pivoting to a strategy more like that of Apple, where big software revisions are branded more as updates of the same OS rather than new operating systems entirely
  • is that you singing? you sound a bit like ian curtis.
  • edited 2017-08-12 19:35:53
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yes. All the singing and 99% of the sounds are mine.

I don't think I do but I will take the compliment.
    to clarify i was already on windows 10, just an earlier version of it
  • kill living beings
    is that so? that's a pretty shit experience, then.