The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Knight of Centralia | May those who accept their fate find happiness, may those who defy it find glory.
    Yōkō said:

• edited 2016-09-25 09:32:30
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    'Train Station' as a song bothers me because it tries to portray gospel as "free" but it feels false and hollow because of all the Christian money-grubbers I've seen around lately. To me, the intent of a message will always fall short to how the message is conveyed.

It's also weird because it doesn't try to portray other faiths as being invalid, just expensive and requiring a cost. Like you have to be rich to study the Dao or worship Athena or something.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Honestly, are there any actual religions that only rich people can feasibly practice?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

Dvaita is somewhat marginal I think?

I don't know what Dvaita is in Buddhism. But then maybe you were not talking about Buddhism at all.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    gotta sleep :/
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    MachSpeed said:

Honestly, are there any actual religions that only rich people can feasibly practice?

Scientology
  • edited 2016-09-25 12:20:08
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Playing a ALttP randomiser with a couple of friends. To get the magic mirror, we had to: Do the block puzzle in Kakariko to get the Hookshot and Power Glove so that we could climb Death Mountain to get the Cape and Moon Pearl, so that we could fight Aghanim to get the Pegasus Boots from the Dark World's grove, so that we could knock down the lumberjack tree to get the Bow, so that we could beat the Eastern Palace to get the Magic Mirror from Sahasrahla.
    Odradek said:

Scientology

Makes sense.
    Apparently "good" and "bad" are moral terms and we should be using effective/ineffective to describe media.

There's room for both, I feel, especially when media is explicitly immoral.
  • Doing a genocide run in Until Dawn.

Kill them all!
    How is it that when someone accuses someone else of "sniffing their own farts" it's always a sure sign that the accuser is a bro-nerd?
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Nah, one of those antagonist baseball players from The Sandlot called the protagonists "fart-sniffers". Neither a bro nor a nerd.
  • I feel like I should go for a walk, but all the shops are shut and I don't really know where I would go.

Not that I would get lost, but I wouldn't really go anyway in particular and just end up not walking much.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Playing a ALttP randomiser with a couple of friends. To get the magic mirror, we had to: Do the block puzzle in Kakariko to get the Hookshot and Power Glove so that we could climb Death Mountain to get the Cape and Moon Pearl, so that we could fight Aghanim to get the Pegasus Boots from the Dark World's grove, so that we could knock down the lumberjack tree to get the Bow, so that we could beat the Eastern Palace to get the Magic Mirror from Sahasrahla.

I don't think I've tried ALttP randomizer. Maybe I should. I've played quite a few Super Metroid randomizers.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Hi guys. I just got done laying in bed for a few hours due to stomach issues.
    good times
  • kill living beings
    MachSpeed said:

Dvaita is somewhat marginal I think?

I don't know what Dvaita is in Buddhism. But then maybe you were not talking about Buddhism at all.
    it's hindu.
    swap the race hierarchy 
    aroo
    screw second place
    aahh
    chickens everywhere
    shipoast
    the chickens are multiplying
    serious post.
    Lots of things aren't fun anymore.
    Things lose their fun after a while, I guess.

Some things, anyway.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's called depression
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    well, anhedonia, really, but still
  • *pours toilet cleaner down toilet*

*realises that I don't have a toilet brush*

Bollocks.
  • edited 2016-09-25 23:33:28
    ಠ_ಠ
    Yes, I am cleaning my toilet at half past midnight.

Don't judge me.
  • Tesco lime toilet gel...

Well, it doesn't say that it contain bleach...
  • edited 2016-09-25 23:45:22

other girls:

Me:

Other girls

Me

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    This is Good.
  • other girls:

me:
  • kill living beings
    five star stories, huh
    why would anyone want the name "Moldbug"
    If you r a hardcore fasho and u want to sound profound
    I like the part where the dude says "what happened you your faaaacaaceeee" lol and then he rapes a lady except not because sehhhhhh i can't read subtext
    rape is vunny and woke

iterary critic Benjamin Kirbach argues that Plinkett enacts a kind of détournement by recontextualizing images that would otherwise serve as Star Wars marketing material (such as behind-the-scenes footage and interviews). Defined by Guy Debord as "the reuse of preexisting artistic elements in a new ensemble", détournement is a way of generating meaning out of cultural texts that is antithetical to their original intent.[35] Kirbach argues that Stoklasa uses this tactic to construct a subversive narrative that frames George Lucas as "a lazy, out-of-touch, and thoroughly unchallenged filmmaker".[36]

Kirbach also argues that Plinkett's popularity can be explained, in part, as a form of catharsis. Because he is portrayed as insane, the Plinkett shtick "legitimates our nerd-rage by literalizing it".[37] But aside from raw catharsis, Plinkett's insanity also serves as a critique of the film industry itself. By fictionalizing his critic, Stoklasa constructs a character who is unable to speak at a safe distance from the text he analyzes. "Plinkett becomes the figure of a consumer culture that has been force-fed Hollywood schlock beyond its carrying capacity," Kirbach writes.[38] And furthermore:

Stoklasa's major conceit—that someone would have to be "crazy" to watch movies the way Plinkett does—also implies a barely hidden inverse: that the film industry has induced a consumerist fantasy in people who don't watch movies this way. Plinkett's obscenity and jokiness are without a doubt designed to garner viewership, but they are also Stoklasa's apology for—or defense against—a culture that already construes his level of passion as pathological. This central irony leads us to question what is actually more insane: the consumer who rejects the expressions of a massive culture industry, or the massive culture industry itself. Plinkett satirizes the kind of consumer such a system generates: psychotic, sexist, homicidal.[37]

However, the reviews have also been criticized by some Star Wars prequel fans. Stoklasa stated that he feels "Star Wars to some people is like a religion so they respond to attacks on it as such."[9] One prequel trilogy fan wrote a 108-page point-by-point rebuttal of the Phantom Menace review,[39] which Stoklasa mocked in an announcement video for his Revenge of the Sith review.[40]

what happened to your faaaaaace
  • can you talk about things that are not idiots elsewhere on the internet for five fucking minutes please

• You know what?

Fine.

You want to monopolize every single space on this forum for your inane ranting go right ahead, but I'm not going to be a part of it anymore.
    sorry i amdone