The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• why must you show this to me

this is so bad that I am punching in an hour early so I don't have to see it

adios
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    bad things exist on the internet
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Odradek said:

"My whole life I've been a fraud"

Basically true, he stole took from a lot of other less well known postmodernists and diluted their work/ideas to appeal to a dumber arbooks type crowd - he's basically the Christopher Nolan of lit.

DFW was kind of a genius in a way but not just in the way his cult think he is, he sold them their own smugness and arrogance and complete lack of actual erudition back to them, he even said one of his tasks writing fiction was to make the reader feel smarter than they are, what a bizarre way to think about writing/art when you really stop and think about it.

His cult laud his suicide as they think their reddit style depression (which for most is just feeling a bit miserable about being a neckbeard) can somehow be aligned with his.

Infinite Jest is good when you're 21 and haven't read anything yet but the writing is so horribly smug and juvenile and contrived it's hard to take seriously looking at it now, The Pale King has decent moments and potential but he's produced nothing to warrant his status, but then again most who gain a status like his don't, lauded by dumb masses as they are.

I don't even disagree with most of this and it's still insufferable

People like this always accuse other people of being "smug", i dont get it
  • cognitive dissonance
  • My dreams exceed my real life

bad things exist on the internet

i don't believe you
    you'll see

just wait
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

All the characters I've come up with are just flanderized versions of various traits I have/imagine myself to have though...

That's also a valid way to roleplay

I will say that Melody Merriweather, aka Sugar Princess Melody, was an exaggeration of my usual super-girly-super-cute persona

Helena George, on the other hand, is not much like me at all
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Melody had a last name?
    I'll admit I'm jealous of Helena in part because I feel like she was more intellectually challenging to play, though she seems like a comic caricature anyway
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

Melody had a last name?

All of us had last names, and our magical girl personas had their own names

Anonus said:

I'll admit I'm jealous of Helena in part because I feel like she was more intellectually challenging to play, though she seems like a comic caricature anyway

I don't know about "intellectually challenging"

I mainly acted in ways that seemed like they'd be the funniest or most interesting, even if they were clearly bad ideas from a "what would a real person do?" point of view
    Is "Melody Merriweather" a reference to what I think it is?

Also, how was it not intellectually challenging?
    You mean, is it a play on "Merrie Melodies"? Not intentionally, but that was probably why I thought the two words sounded good together

It wasn't intellectually challenging because I just didn't think that deeply about most of the decisions I made

Like I said, it was mostly "will this make the gameplay more fun?" at every turn

Remember that time I got HH working in Windows 95?
  • I was looking at myself in my bathroom mirror and I've realised something:

My forehead is huge.
  • It's not a forehead.

It's a fivehead.
    Toolsie said:

I was looking at myself in my bathroom mirror and I've realised something:

My forehead is huge.

big foreheads are cool, though

I think
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Odradek said:

That's the lesser-known sequel, The Bros Karamazov.
  • Toolsie said:

It's not a forehead.

It's a fivehead.

Okay this is hilarious but also don't worry about your forehead, you're super cute and your forehead is fine, large or small

• Posted this in my personal but I'm gonna put it up here, too:

Some of my friends are in this group and I'm interested to know what you guys think since there are several people here who are probably more versed in this kind of music than I am
    honest opinion?
  • Well, by the point you're asking if you're allowed to give an honest opinion I've got a good idea of what you think, so you might as well

I mean, it's not like I'm gonna be sharing this feedback
    Quitting their day jobs would be ill-advised
  • I have heard worse but I've definitely heard better too.
    Crime and Punishment Lady is About to Shoot You
    sakura kinomoto meets barack obama
    i'm thinking about the mustachioed Obama from Osomatsu-san
    I was too, so I figured you would
    I find it so disturbing that so much of humanity feels the need to believe in some supreme being that is always got your back and gonna welcome you “home” when u die. It’s like a child believing their parents will be there,, that little piece of comforting THOUGHT! What would happen to your life, your whole existence – if there is no gods!!!??? No supreme being for you to pray to , or turn your troubles over to, no single set of footprints in the sand and your hard and terrible days. What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if WE are ALL we have.? It’s as disturbing as women who think they need a man in their life to complete it, or ANYONE for that matter thinking that they are not whole because they are not in a relationship,, decorate your own soul, be your own best friend, make your garden healthy and thriving and it becomes noticed by others who want their garden to be as healthy and thriving , WE are all we have. Wake up and smell the percalating coffee. WE ARE ALL WE HAVE.

Thanks for the input, first commenter on the article for "Wednesday" in Dictionary.com
    I'm glad they specified the coffee is percolated, otherwise I might have pictutred a drip brewer
    We run carelessly to the precipice, after we have put something before us to prevent us seeing it.
  • Kexruct said:

Posted this in my personal but I'm gonna put it up here, too:

Some of my friends are in this group and I'm interested to know what you guys think since there are several people here who are probably more versed in this kind of music than I am

it's fun but the vocalist is lacking, 16 year old me who listened to this kinda thing a bunch would have approved
  • Odradek said:

I find it so disturbing that so much of humanity feels the need to believe in some supreme being that is always got your back and gonna welcome you “home” when u die. It’s like a child believing their parents will be there,, that little piece of comforting THOUGHT! What would happen to your life, your whole existence – if there is no gods!!!??? No supreme being for you to pray to , or turn your troubles over to, no single set of footprints in the sand and your hard and terrible days. What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if WE are ALL we have.? It’s as disturbing as women who think they need a man in their life to complete it, or ANYONE for that matter thinking that they are not whole because they are not in a relationship,, decorate your own soul, be your own best friend, make your garden healthy and thriving and it becomes noticed by others who want their garden to be as healthy and thriving , WE are all we have. Wake up and smell the percalating coffee. WE ARE ALL WE HAVE.

Thanks for the input, first commenter on the article for "Wednesday" in Dictionary.com
    is that

is that actually where this is posted?

that's amazing.
    blog.dictionary.com/wednesday/
  • Odradek said:

blog.dictionary.com/wednesday/

Alright so, new low discovered, even Dictionary.com's comment sections are not safe.
  • kill living beings
    About time someone took down Woden.
    comment sections, somehow always even worse than the actual articles
    Hermes don't real, I defaced his dick statues and nothing bad happened-Alicbiades
  • I'm honestly amazed enough people even read Dictionary.com's official blog for anyone to start an argument about anything there.
  • Jane said:

I'm honestly amazed enough people even read Dictionary.com's official blog for anyone to start an argument about anything there.

well I'm honestly amazed that so much of humanity feels the need to believe in some supreme being that is always got your back and gonna welcome you “home” when u die. It’s like a child believing their parents will be there,, that little piece of comforting THOUGHT! What would happen to your life, your whole existence – if there is no gods!!!??? No supreme being for you to pray to , or turn your troubles over to, no single set of footprints in the sand and your hard and terrible days. What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if WE are ALL we have.? It’s as disturbing as women who think they need a man in their life to complete it, or ANYONE for that matter thinking that they are not whole because they are not in a relationship,, decorate your own soul, be your own best friend, make your garden healthy and thriving and it becomes noticed by others who want their garden to be as healthy and thriving , WE are all we have. Wake up and smell the percalating coffee. WE ARE ALL WE HAVE.
  • now that im rereading this off mobile it desperately, desperately needs a fuckton of emojis
  • also the last part in isolation is genuinely heartwarming im a fan
  • Kexruct said:

Posted this in my personal but I'm gonna put it up here, too:

it's fun but the vocalist is lacking, 16 year old me who listened to this kinda thing a bunch would have approved
    Ah, really? Shame, the vocalist is definitely the one in that group I'm closest with, though granted they are perfectly aware that I'm generally not a fan of that vocal style anyway so I don't have the critical mindset to really judge it accurately.

I'm really fucking impressed with the guitar work, though, in no small part because the guy is only like eighteen
  • I'm honestly amazed 😅😠😠 that so much of humanity 👨 feels the need to believe in some supreme being 😇😇😇 that is always got your back 😇😇 and gonna welcome you “home” 🏠 when u die. 💀 It’s like a child believing their parents will be there,, that little piece of comforting THOUGHT! 💭💭💭 What would happen to your life, your whole existence – if there is no ✖️✖️✖️ gods!!!??? ⚡ No ✖️ supreme being 😇 for you to pray to , or turn your troubles over to, no single set of footprints 👣👣👣👣 in the sand and your hard 💀 and terrible 💀💀 days. What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if WE 👨👨👨 are ALL ✖️ we have.? It’s as disturbing as women 👩 who think they need a man 👨 in their life to complete 💕 it, or ANYONE for that matter thinking that they are not whole because they are not ✖️ in a relationship 😍😍😍,, decorate your own soul 💖, be your own best friend 💖💖, make your garden 🌻 healthy 🌻 and thriving 🌻 and it becomes noticed by others 👀👀👀  who want their garden 🌻 to be as healthy and thriving , WE 👨 are all we have. Wake up and smell the percalating 💦 coffee. ☕☕☕ WE 👏 ARE 👏 ALL 👏 WE 👏 HAVE. 
    Is this a heap meme in the making?