The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• im not saying he's like awful or anything he just isn't quite holding his end down there relatively speaking IMO? it's not the end of the world, and it's a thing that he'll prolly improve on with as he gains more experience

it's definitely "if i saw these guys live id have a blast and pick up an album from their van after the show" tier music
  • In all honesty that's an assessment I'm pretty happy with

(Also vocalist goes by neutral pronouns btw)
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Jane said:

I'm honestly amazed 😅😠😠 that so much of humanity 👨 feels the need to believe in some supreme being 😇😇😇 that is always got your back 😇😇 and gonna welcome you “home” 🏠 when u die. 💀 It’s like a child believing their parents will be there,, that little piece of comforting THOUGHT! 💭💭💭 What would happen to your life, your whole existence – if there is no ✖️✖️✖️ gods!!!??? ⚡ No ✖️ supreme being 😇 for you to pray to , or turn your troubles over to, no single set of footprints 👣👣👣👣 in the sand and your hard 💀 and terrible 💀💀 days. What if,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what if WE 👨👨👨 are ALL ✖️ we have.? It’s as disturbing as women 👩 who think they need a man 👨 in their life to complete 💕 it, or ANYONE for that matter thinking that they are not whole because they are not ✖️ in a relationship 😍😍😍,, decorate your own soul 💖, be your own best friend 💖💖, make your garden 🌻 healthy 🌻 and thriving 🌻 and it becomes noticed by others 👀👀👀  who want their garden 🌻 to be as healthy and thriving , WE 👨 are all we have. Wake up and smell the percalating 💦 coffee. ☕☕☕ WE 👏 ARE 👏 ALL 👏 WE 👏 HAVE. 

N i c e.
  • I'm glad someone appreciates my hard work
    It put a big grin on my face.
  • kill living beings
    Well I didn't
    Stabs Klinotaxis with a gingerbread man
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    not bad at all

also isn't percolator coffee supposed to be really overextracted and bitter and not actually good
  • Calica said:

not bad at all

also isn't percolator coffee supposed to be really overextracted and bitter and not actually good
    I think that's the point actually.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Only one week left till October.

Anybody know what they want their Halloween usernames to be yet?
  • I'm not sure if I'm gonna do one this year.

I like just being Jane all the time.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Famous people I liked who died in 2016:

David Bowie
    Prince
    Gene Wilder
    C. Martin Croker

probably others
  • edited 2016-09-24 15:00:45
    My dreams exceed my real life
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-wacky-headlines-with-legitimately-sad-backstories/
    This is the kind of thing Cracked should be doing

[Fixed link. Vanilla was getting fussy again. -- Central Avenue]
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Pontius Pilate was the first rule-bound dundridge
    That's pretty freaky, Inane. Pret-ty freaky...............
    I seek your assistance to safe keep two military trunk boxes of values that is of great benefit to we both. Do not panic as i do not pose any threat to you neither do i mean harm on you whatsoever. Be patient to hear details as soon as i see your reply.

Regards.
    Capt Casey Thoreen currently serving in Afghanistan.
    I miss Sunn Wolf
  • oh yeah he hasn't been around here

I didn't really notice b/c he's a regular on my Twitter feed
    What's his Twitter again?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Ah, good old Freddie Fish.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Kexruct said:

Posted this in my personal but I'm gonna put it up here, too:

Some of my friends are in this group and I'm interested to know what you guys think since there are several people here who are probably more versed in this kind of music than I am

The vocalist seriously needs training because he's wildly off-key at points. That he's mixed weirdly cleanly and way upfront in the mix does not help at all. The music itself is not bad—the HEALTH-esque guitar effects are neat—but man, does his lack of pitch control make things sound way more amateurish than they actually are.

If he got his voice under control and they were more adventurous with their production, they could be good fun.
    Kexruct said:

In all honesty that's an assessment I'm pretty happy with

(Also vocalist goes by neutral pronouns btw)

Apologies. replied to this when I saw it on the last page. >->

Still, man. Have they had, like, any lessons?
    Aliroz said:

*hi-fives for recognizing it*
    (The part I am referring to as resembling HEALTH is that strange metallic effect at the beginning which occurs throughout the first section—it sounds like granular synthesis and some kind of pitch effect—which I personally would have used throughout the song but that's just me; that said, there are some tom-heavy sections later in where there's a lot of low-end distortion going on that also remind me of something like "Death+". Some of the clean vocals remind me more of Xio from Airs, however.)
    I have a cousin who rapped the last time I checked
    I think he might be a juggalo but I'm not sure
  • edited 2016-09-24 17:48:58
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Lorax:  What you doin' here, once-ler?  This tree's all chopped.

Once-Ler:  Making Thneeds.

Lorax:  What happens when you chop the last truffulla, ya dingus?

Once-Ler:  Dangsickles, I hadn't thought of that.

Lorax:  Yeah, I thought so.

Bar-Ba-Loot:  Lorax!  Jibboo sighted!

Lorax:  Aieeee!  Everybody hide!

-Bar-Ba-Loots, Swomee Swans, Humming Fish, Once-ler, and Lorax all attempt to hide from the Jibboo-

VOICEOVER:  Only you can prevent crossovers.  Keep your fantasies separate.  This message paid for by the Committe for Singular Goodness, and the Committe for Jibboo Awareness.  Know what to do when you meet a Jibboo.
  • Odradek said:

I have a cousin who rapped the last time I checked

You linked that here once and, you know, I hope he's happy doing it, but, eek.
    I don't think he's updated his soundcloud page since then, so he might have stopped.

According to Facebook he is currently working at Olive Garden and supporting Elizabeth Warren for president.

Also his brother, my other cousin, is a Homestuck
  • My cousin Devaughn is a pianist but I think he's stopping soon to go to college for physical therapy.
  • Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

*hi-fives for recognizing it*
    I recognized it too
    Xamfear is the name of the sea monster
  • Aliroz said:

Lorax:  What you doin' here, once-ler?  This tree's all chopped.

Once-Ler:  Making Thneeds.

Lorax:  What happens when you chop the last truffulla, ya dingus?

Once-Ler:  Dangsickles, I hadn't thought of that.

Lorax:  Yeah, I thought so.

Bar-Ba-Loot:  Lorax!  Jibboo sighted!

Lorax:  Aieeee!  Everybody hide!

-Bar-Ba-Loots, Swomee Swans, Humming Fish, Once-ler, and Lorax all attempt to hide from the Jibboo-

VOICEOVER:  Only you can prevent crossovers.  Keep your fantasies separate.  This message paid for by the Committe for Singular Goodness, and the Committe for Jibboo Awareness.  Know what to do when you meet a Jibboo.
    Crossover intensifies. You can't tell me what to do with my fantasy. :v
  • I've just realised that I have gone nearly 12 hours without eating.

Whoops.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I just made an order on Amazon where it somehow cost more for "get it by 1pm on Tuesday, Sept. 27" than "get it tomorrow, Sept. 25".
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I think I've seen that kind of thing before.

it is a mystery
  • edited 2016-09-25 03:29:21
    kill living beings
    You can't feel what you see, but you can feel what you don't see

it's good to know i, as a nitya-samsarin, will never reach enlightenment
    That's Meno's Paradox

Kind of

Not really though
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.

You can't feel what you see, but you can feel what you don't see

it's good to know i, as a nitya-samsarin, will never reach enlightenment

This is true but in a different way.
  • edited 2016-09-25 03:45:47
    kill living beings
    What?

(the point, proven)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm considering if explaining is at all appropriate or not.
  • edited 2016-09-25 05:47:20
    kill living beings
    It's fine: I'll just assume you're insulting my dull soul.
    Okay, so like.

"You" will never reach enlightenment, because identity is a shared delusion. If "you" cease to be "you," "you" can have a chance. But at the same time, nothing is the same from moment to moment, especially not the self. "You" are never the same person twice, cells are replaced by other cells, Ship of Theseus, all that.

Maybe the bonds are too tight to achieve liberation right now, but there will be more chances in the future, which includes your next life.
  • kill living beings
    Dvaita is somewhat marginal I think?
  • kill living beings
    Salutary but not extensive. Okay.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2016-09-25 07:19:08
    Saw this, thought of you guys.

I can't help but read it in the voice of Pibot from StrawhatNO Lets Plays.