The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Jane said:

They make take our pepes

but they'll never take dat boi
    If this is real then that means the only major Presidential candidate who hasn't directly interacted with a frog meme in a positive way is Clinton

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    rocks
  • Lately Gary Johnson said that global warming is okay because in a few million years the earth shall be swallowed by the dying flames of the sun, which is my attitude towards a lot of things if i'm going to be honest.

s a m e
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    till we find our place

on the path unwinding

in the circle

the circle of life
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I woke up with that song playing in my head for no apparent reason
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Lately Gary Johnson said that global warming is okay because in a few million years the earth shall be swallowed by the dying flames of the sun, which is my attitude towards a lot of things if i'm going to be honest.

noooooooooooo future

noooooooooooo future

noooooooooooo future for yoooouuuu
  • Lately Gary Johnson said that global warming is okay because in a few million years the earth shall be swallowed by the dying flames of the sun, which is my attitude towards a lot of things if i'm going to be honest.

so Gary Johnson is Northernlion
  • kill living beings
    Kexruct said:

Jane said:

They make take our pepes

but they'll never take dat boi
    If this is real then that means the only major Presidential candidate who hasn't directly interacted with a frog meme in a positive way is Clinton

Information is sparse (which itself suggests falsehood) and I found a Reddit thread claiming it was shopped.
  • Currently watching Bruce Willis sing "Under the Broadwalk" by the The Drifters with the Temptations as backup. Surprisingly, he's not a bad singer. I mean, he's not a great singer, but he hits most of the pitches pretty well.
  • kill living beings
    mad about unexpected linearity
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Lately Gary Johnson said that global warming is okay because in a few million years the earth shall be swallowed by the dying flames of the sun, which is my attitude towards a lot of things if i'm going to be honest.

on the other hand, you know where aleppo is, if only because you follow brown moses
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    and who harriet tubman is
  • kill living beings
    They too shall pass.

Except Tubman. she already did.
  • i actually dont know where aleppo is

besides "in syria"
  • kill living beings
    well that's more than johnson

actually he asked what is aleppo, so you're winning there too

i kind of know aleppo is northish westish, but that's just because most of the population is
  • So my Sim got arrested for graffiting on public land.

Her method of retaliation?

Join the Law Enforcement career then spray some graffiti right outside her place of work.
    Every video Yahtzee has ever made about Nintendo feels like he's yelling about a mindset that doesn't actually exist
    Special Agent Dale Cooper probably plays a paladin in D&D
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I seem to remember Yahtzee claiming TTYD had an obsession with Princess Peach being naked, even though that happened once in the entire game and it was because the invisibility potion didn't work otherwise
    I hate that goddamn interlude because of the "30 second" timer that should really go for 20

The first one had the same thing too
    moo
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Dale Cooper is literally that in cop form already.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.

Odradek said:

Dale Cooper is literally that in cop form already.
    Yeah, I thought the point of role-playing was to try something you don't already do in real life!

All the characters I've come up with are just flanderized versions of various traits I have/imagine myself to have though...
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Burzum on Sea.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Okay, so, I think I've tracked down the lair of Robo-Descartes the Ratio-Master, and once I defeat him I can steal his powers.

It will be I who determines what makes sense and what does not!

It will be I who determines what is worth caring about!

It will be I who determines what opinions are worthy of mockery!
  • kill living beings
    Descartes is in charge of all that? Shouldn't we be mocking dead French politicians instead of Mormons, then
  • I thought he was in charge of cerebrospinal fluid rushing down the body to produce reflexes
  • kill living beings
    Please, that's obviously my wheelhouse.
  • edited 2016-09-23 19:21:55
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Plot twist:  I fail to defeat Robo-Descartes.  His skull was hidden, and he regenerates from it even though the Abbey of Saint-Germain is in an anti-magic zone.

Descartes is in charge of all that? Shouldn't we be mocking dead French politicians instead of Mormons, then

He mastered subjectivity and objectivity alike after years of meditating in a stove in an eternal winter storm
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Realtalk, though, Robo-Descartes the Ratio Master is one of my favorite of Odra's one-off ideas.
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

And, for the record, anything you do while sitting down in a car counts as driving, whether or not the car is parked.  

Also dangit mom, REAL people button up all the buttons on their shirts and zip up their coats all the way.  Why would God have given shirts buttons that were never intended to be used?

Also yes, I know I am irrational today.  I didn't sleep last night.  I need to find the guy who determines what is rational and what is not so I can kill him and take his place.
    *Aliroz reaches the command center, the chair dramatically turns around and we see ROBO-DESCARTES, the RATIO-MASTER*
    Wow I forgot I said this
  • kill living beings
    In... a stove?
    Descartes himself tells us that when held up in Germany by the advance of winter, he spent the day alone in a stove, and that was where his radical rebuilding of his own beliefs began.  This famous incident has the sort of place in the history of philosophy that the apple falling on Newton’s head has in the history of science: and it has been doubted and queried in a similar way. But Descartes seems pretty clear about it: “je demeurais tout le jour enfermé seul dans un poêle, où j’avais tout le loisir m’entretenir de mes pensées”.
  • edited 2016-09-23 20:05:31
    kill living beings
    What?

Like... what.
    in a stove.
    Apparently he might have meant "in a room heated by a stove"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BadLiterature

This subreddit is pretty insufferable
  • Odradek said:

this is the least appealing letter sequence
    "A better assumption instead of internet audiences not being able to handle a challenge is that they have zero critical thinking skills-despite ironically parading a supreme lack of-and compare a fucking web-comic to Ulyssess" Someone's monocle is popping off
    well, webcomics do suck

"My whole life I've been a fraud"

Basically true, he stole took from a lot of other less well known postmodernists and diluted their work/ideas to appeal to a dumber arbooks type crowd - he's basically the Christopher Nolan of lit.

DFW was kind of a genius in a way but not just in the way his cult think he is, he sold them their own smugness and arrogance and complete lack of actual erudition back to them, he even said one of his tasks writing fiction was to make the reader feel smarter than they are, what a bizarre way to think about writing/art when you really stop and think about it.

His cult laud his suicide as they think their reddit style depression (which for most is just feeling a bit miserable about being a neckbeard) can somehow be aligned with his.

Infinite Jest is good when you're 21 and haven't read anything yet but the writing is so horribly smug and juvenile and contrived it's hard to take seriously looking at it now, The Pale King has decent moments and potential but he's produced nothing to warrant his status, but then again most who gain a status like his don't, lauded by dumb masses as they are.

I don't even disagree with most of this and it's still insufferable

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

Apparently he might have meant "in a room heated by a stove"

The word "stove" originally meant a heated room containing what we would now call a stove, which tended to be quite large and dominated such rooms.
    All of these people talking about how Brad's gonna head back to Jennifer Aniston don't seem aware she's married now
  • Odradek said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BadLiterature

they read like SA goons
    These are the kind of people who say Middlebrow a lot.

And use it to mean "Oh dear, the savages think they should be let into the country club just because they dress well"
  • meanwhile irl they're likely the same age group and economic class as the peeps they disparage and look down upon, and they're likely all white dudes