The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I mean it's not really your fault. I blame vanilla's shitty software more than anything.

Still, that was...quite the shock.

At first I was pretty sure that was photoshop. Now I get to live with the knowledge that that can happen to cute li'l buns >__>
  • Well, that was unexpected.

TMI ahead

Spoiler:
    From half two until half five, I threw up so many times that I have lost count, and then that was followed by several diarrhoea trips until half seven.
  • On my sister's wedding day, no less
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    [Undertale] it just occured to me (don't tell me if it's true or not)

those people whose conversation's recorded in the flowers are Toriel and Asgore, aren't they?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I'm sorry, Tools.

I just had my first (?) dream in a dream.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

[Undertale] it just occured to me (don't tell me if it's true or not)

those people whose conversation's recorded in the flowers are Toriel and Asgore, aren't they?

...I actually have no idea if that is the case, but it is strangely plausible.
  • kill living beings
    is this late capitalism
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Odradek said:

Also: her character is totally lady-Klinotaxis

gonna make me watch this movie, huh

anyway i have reached Weeb Level 81-6 and made Japanese food

hadn't you already made japanese-indian-vermontese food?
    Jane said:

the three most horrifying words in the English language: Miltank used Rollout

more or less horrifying than the five most: "Unfortunately, Pokemon GO has stopped."
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The actual most horrifying words: "Scizor used Bullet Punch!"
    that is a fucking story
  • kill living beings
    Calica said:

Odradek said:

Also: her character is totally lady-Klinotaxis

gonna make me watch this movie, huh

anyway i have reached Weeb Level 81-6 and made Japanese food

hadn't you already made japanese-indian-vermontese food?
    vermont curry is more "instant" in my mind
    yeah, fair enough
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    shine on, Eric, you crazy weed-dealing diamond
  • Ghostbusters was a solid movie. Jokes were hit-or-miss and the action scenes were lame, but it was strong overall. Kate McKinnon is just a treat to watch whenever she's on screen. Chris Hemsworth was clearly struggling with crappy material, the dumb receptionist jokes could've worked if done better.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what's great?

Those toy baby bottles where you tip them upside down and it looks like the "milk" is disappearing, like the doll drank it

I admit, I never actually manage to figure out how those worked as a kid, but now it seems pretty obvious
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    how do they work?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The "bottle" is two separate containers--an inner shell and an outer shell. Only the thin space between the two is actually filled with liquid, giving the appearance of a full bottle with only a small amount of liquid.

Because there's barely any liquid, when you tip it over that small amount of liquid flows into the opaque cap and makes the "bottle" look empty.
    oh
  • kill living beings
    case to be
    I can't believe Kesha de-dollar-signed her name
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    K3$4^
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    moo
  • kill living beings
    this history book is called "Europe Since Waterloo" and then the first chapter is about the industrial revolution

"Battles, governments, constitutions, political parties - all fade in comparison with the unlocking and taming of the expansive power of escaping steam."

awkward
  • I can't believe Kesha de-dollar-signed her name

That sucks.

How are we going to make fun of Waukesha County now?
  • im home did you all fuck things up in my absence
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    we no longer exist
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I have ceased to be a person and have become an ideal
  • edited 2016-07-17 05:08:27
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...

im home did you all fuck things up in my absence

I did literally everything wrong, including teasing Vash and insulting Minnesota. You'll just have to deal, sorry.
    People don't seem as excited for Steven Universe anymore
  • Who is "people"?
  • edited 2016-07-18 00:51:49
    imageimage

I'm trying to write an RPG
  • There are a lot of gaps in the ruleset so far, obviously but if anyone has any thoughts, please share!
  • Home from the wedding.

The only thing that went wrong was that I was incredibly ill during the ceremony, having thrown up several times in the early hours before the wedding.
  • @Kextruct

I like the essence of it, especially your approach to abstraction. Your HP value is an abstract measurement of an individual's overall endurance against adversity, not just physical trauma; plenty of scenarios will feel weightier with a potential HP loss for diverse sorts of misfortune, and these mechanics themselves will encourage GMs to design sessions with that in mind. 

My major concern would be the potential for ballooning complexity. There's already a large number of values to keep track of, and complexity in games tends to multiply rather grow by flat values. Consider revising the number of attributes down, simplifying the derived stats, and/or using attribute subgroups together more frequently. Or whatever, as long as it helps the game's values and mechanics stick. 
    SA always absolutely loses their minds whenever anyone speaks in defense of a maligned film.
    SA Goon: Haha, nerds, they get way too attached to their faves, it's just a movie dude, don't take it so seriously

Other SA Goon: Man of Steel has some good traits

SA Goon: WHAT IS THIS HERETICAL BULLSHIT
    Most bad films have positive traits. It is very difficult to create something with no redeeming qualities save for the potential for mockery. How many films have you come across that are too bad to even be funny anymore?

Naturally, insularity breeds mentalities wherein an evil is selected and shunned at the expense of reason for some greater social reason...
  • SA has a 3 for 2 deal going on for store brand bottled water
    Literally every time someone says anything positive about the Star Wars prequels, goons will instantly start loudly shrieking about a bad experience they had in the film subforum when some evil vile person defended Phantom Menace or whatever.
  • also this one clerk who worked there was really cute and he kinda flirted with me sometimes but he's got a real job somewhere else ;w;
    It feels weird to me that Woody Allen movies are still coming out
    It took me until now to realize you meant the Salvation Army, oops. Cute how?

And, yeah, that sort of insularity is tedious, I agree.
    Actually he means Super America, which is kind of a grocery/7-Eleven thing?

And yes, that Woody Allen still has a career is... kind of strange.
    You know, I can probably still watch his movies, but if I was an actor, I don't think I could personally spend time with him.
  • its just a gas station
    Ahh.