The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i don't eat beef or pork
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Crystal said:

IMPORTANT

Now, in the context of a celebration like the Fourth of July, do you go for hot dogs or hamburgers?
    Assuming they're cooked on a grill? Hot dogs.
  • Crystal said:

IMPORTANT

Now, in the context of a celebration like the Fourth of July, do you go for hot dogs or hamburgers?
    Hamburgers, 110% of the time.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

i don't eat beef or pork

Well, would you rather have turkey hot dogs or turkey burgers?
  • kill living beings
    scrub down with steel wool

The first witness was the Hatter. He came in with a teacup in one hand and a piece of bread-and-butter in the other. 'I beg pardon, your Majesty,' he began, 'for bringing these in: but I hadn't quite finished my tea when I was sent for.'

'You ought to have finished,' said the King. 'When did you begin?'

The Hatter looked at the March Hare, who had followed him into the court, arm-in-arm with the Dormouse. 'Fourteenth of March, I think it was,' he said.

'Fifteenth,' said the March Hare.

'Sixteenth,' added the Dormouse.

'Write that down,' the King said to the jury, and the jury eagerly wrote down all three dates on their slates, and then added them up, and reduced the answer to shillings and pence.

I still love this part.
  • when I got home and the power was out I found on the floor in front of the door of my room a copy of Alice in Wonderland with illustrations by Dali

Anonus said:

i don't eat beef or pork

Well, would you rather have turkey hot dogs or turkey burgers?
    Maybe?
    I meant which of the two would you pick, silly boy
    The burgers?

when I got home and the power was out I found on the floor in front of the door of my room a copy of Alice in Wonderland with illustrations by Dali

Also this is pretty great
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • edited 2016-07-06 14:01:19
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Me: Man I feel so alone hating the MCU and Civil War

Other Person: Hey man here's a takedown of Civil War you might like

The Article: Now, of course, I must remind my readers that I am completely on board with the wildly ambitious and brilliant project that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Like all of you, I cried with joy at the unveiling of the Avengers, I clenched my fists in rage at the villainy of Hydra in the seminal Winter Soldier, I laughed with joy at the brilliant quips and heady dialogue of Age of Ultron and now in phase 12 of the MCU, I-

Me: (skips ahead several paragraphs)

The Article: Now having said all that, and knowing full well that Civil War is a work of cinematic artistry and genius by the greatest auteurs of the modern age, I have to say that the film does have mild structural problems that will bear bad fruit as soon as Phase 21 of the MCU and should be-

Me:(Goes to do something else)

Something Else: SUICIDE SQUAD IS GOING TO BE SHIT GAIZ
    Odradek said:

I heard that Suicide Squad is coming out in early August, and I am literally dreading the arrival of a movie I want to see, because of the internet and my friends.

Go ahead and own me now, it's what always happens

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I saw trailers for it, and honestly...?

It looks fun. More fun the 95% of the superhero movies that have come out in the last five years. Because it knows exactly what kind of movie it is and revels in that fact.
    12489243_1674589672821667_4430624289856009994_o.jpg

Also this poster looks way better than almost any poster I've seen in years
    The aesthetics of the advertising campaign are indeed quite good.
  • edited 2016-07-06 14:57:04
    kill living beings
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Chilcot didn't declare the Iraq war illegal because it was outside its remit, but I'll let you interpret this quote as you will
    The circumstances in which it was decided that there was a legal basis for military action were far from satisfactory
  • kill living beings
    "Tony Blair faces calls for impeachment on release of Chilcot report"

that'll show im
  • Had an... Interesting day at work, today.
  • edited 2016-07-06 15:43:07
    Among the most prominent Japanese composers (although I use
    the word 'Japanese' superfluously, as even the most well-known American
    composers are barely competent at best), one in particular stands out to the
    enlightened video game soundtrack consumer. His name: Yasunori Mitsuda. For the
    record, this is not to undermine the amazing works of other incredibly talented
    video game composers such as Uematsu-san or Sakuraba-san, but to highlight the
    unique, almost celto-tropic music (the word music is an understatement) that
    Yasunori Mitsuda has been composing for years. It would be sheer ignorance to
    deny that the Chrono Cross soundtrack is anything but the magnum opus of video
    game music; its lilting and oftentimes hauntingly peaceful guitar melodies
    soothe all but the most savage of breasts while its tense battle themes and
    mysterious donjon tunes ignite a blazing passion that can be quenched only by
    the video game's profound story and gameplay. It is a wonder that anyone can
    listen to anything besides video game musical compositions after listening to
    Mitsuda-san's immensely powerful soundtrack, but given that the primitive thuds
    of hip hop are America's current choice of 'music' (I use the term music
    liberally), once can see little hope in the mass appreciation of Mitsuda-san's work.
  • I was showing this group of Y1's (5/6 year olds) around, and they needed to go to the toilets. So I went with the girls and one of them starting talking to me whilst she was sat down on the loo, doing her business. The conversation went like this:

Girl: What's your name?
    Me: Emily...
    Girl: *pause* My aunt's called Emily
    Me: It's a good name *internally thinking: close the bloody cubicle door*

And then, a little while later, this girl walked out another cubicle pulling her pants up and pulling her dress down.

When they were doing the workshop, a lad asked me if I was Scottish.

And at the end, when they were leaving, a tiny lad went and gave me a hug. His head came up to my hips. I didn't know what to do so I just ended up putting him on the head. I must admit, there was a tiny part of me that wanted to say "that'll do, pig."

And then I came home with out of date 7 Up from the gift shop.
    That's adorable

I believe I made the right decision and the world is better and safer as a result

...The man's genuinely delusional, isn't he?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I apologize for misrepresenting that review to you and in the process making you feel worse about yourself.

Having now seen Civil War, I pretty much completely agree with his opinion, but I am now seeing we have pretty different opinions on things. However, he doesn’t come off as an MCU fanboy to me, and representing him as one seems fairly disingenuous to me.

I know that you’re probably going to respond that “Of course he is! He liked The Winter Soldier!” I’m not really an MCU fan either, but I liked The Winter Soldier.

I am not interested in lording my opinion over you, so you shouldn't turn this into a thing where you use it to intermittently make me feel uncomfortable because he dares to like something that you don’t.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I do not intend to stop you from expressing it. It’s just that you keep complaining about people “dunking” you. This is you dunking me, and you seem to be entirely fine about it.

Also, yes the poster is good.
    Before I have this incredibly difficult conversation with Marvel, let me get something straight. I am, and always will be, a defender of superhero movies. You’ll never see me writing a thinkpiece about how the genre is decaying, or how all of these movies are the same. In fact, I found Captain America: The Winter Soldier to be not just the greatest superhero film of the past decade, but one of the greatest films in any genre. At their best, these movies are absolutely monumental, and Marvel has been at the eye of this hurricane of quality for quite some time. Nobody had more faith than me in directors Joe and Anthony Russo (who return from Winter Soldier) to take on Civil War, perhaps the most emotionally dense and powerful Marvel story. Which is why as I drove home from my energetic, cheer-filled screening, it took me about an hour to realize just how let down this movie made me feel.

I uh, don't think I'm exaggerating here
  • edited 2016-07-06 16:20:31
    Like that might as well be this
    It had been a while since I read that review, so I guess I forgot that.

Again, sorry for misrepresenting that review to you. It does make it even more ridiculous that fanboys got so angry about it because it dared to ruin the movie’s rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

I don’t know why I suck so much at reading tone. I still do agree with that review, though. You don’t, and that’s fine.

I will remind you that Naney agrees with you on The Winter Soldier, and Vash agrees with you on Civil War.
    oy gevalt
    I knew posting was a bad idea.

Forget I said anything.
    You did not make a huge mistake stop feeling so bad
    Thanks.

I was mostly feeling bad about that last post because I'm coming off as tedious to people other than you, and I don't want to do that.

I'm going to work soon, so that should knock the bad thoughts out of my head.
    In fact you were right to complain about being dunked on. That was not nice.
    One of my local Pokéstops is a sundial. Who buys things from a sundial. :|
    Thank you.

I'm sorry you feel alone on this, and I wish I could rectify that, but alas, I can't.
  • kill living beings
    Odradek said:

Before I have this incredibly difficult conversation with Marvel, let me get something straight. I am, and always will be, a defender of superhero movies. You’ll never see me writing a thinkpiece about how the genre is decaying, or how all of these movies are the same. In fact, I found Captain America: The Winter Soldier to be not just the greatest superhero film of the past decade, but one of the greatest films in any genre. At their best, these movies are absolutely monumental, and Marvel has been at the eye of this hurricane of quality for quite some time. Nobody had more faith than me in directors Joe and Anthony Russo (who return from Winter Soldier) to take on Civil War, perhaps the most emotionally dense and powerful Marvel story. Which is why as I drove home from my energetic, cheer-filled screening, it took me about an hour to realize just how let down this movie made me feel.

I uh, don't think I'm exaggerating here
    i still think your superhero movie thing is kind of extreme but lol @ this

this hurricane of quality
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Actually this reminded me (I am so forgetful), Odra, that Suicide Squad is actually a film I'd go to the theater to check out so hopefully we can talk about it around the same time.
    There are a lot of ducks lounging by the lake today.
  • I'm facing a dilemma. Do I...

A) Make a start on my July NaNo 10k project that I have been putting off because I have writers block

Or

B) Play the Sims 3 and continue playing the story of a quite ugly lady, her wannabe thief husband and their new daughter?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Do the first, Toolsie!
    Starting a NaNo project now?

Maybe that's wise...
  • I had a complete replotting of my July NaNo story because a thought popped into my head that was "I've never seen any Victorian superheroes". And that was that.

The characters and their powers are the same, but the setting has all changed.

I've had this cat for a little while
    A tortie! 83
  • There isn't a muscle in my body that doesn't hurt
    If you get a tortoise that is coloured like a cat, is it called a catcoat?