• My dreams exceed my real life
    My brain still hasn't processed Alan Rickman's death
  • edited 2016-07-07 17:16:39
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

My brain still hasn't processed Alan Rickman's death

Aw dang, I'd actually forgotten that he'd passed away.

I always adored his role as Sheriff of Nottingham, and he was fantastic as Severus Snape (those are the only two roles I ever saw him in, and I liked them both).  Oh, and he was amazing in Galaxy Quest (three).

This is like how it took me about a year to realize that Robin Williams was dead.
  • kill living beings
    lmao the red cross just called me

"Hello, sir, thank you for your continued donations. ... Did you donate blood last week?"
    "Yeah."
    "Then you're not eligible to donate again for eight weeks."
    "Yeah."
    "I don't know why you received this call, then. I'm sorry."
    "Yeah."
    "Have a good day."
    "Yeah."
  • I've gotten into the habit of greeting customers at work like "Helloooo~ :D"
  • guess who is employed?*

* pending a background check
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ooh
  • 9.50 an hour

dental

the life
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
  • that is me rn yes
  • I actually don't get dental because I'm only part time
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Where are you working?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

I actually don't get dental because I'm only part time

Awwwwww!
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

lmao the red cross just called me

"Hello, sir, thank you for your continued donations. ... Did you donate blood last week?"
    "Yeah."
    "Then you're not eligible to donate again for eight weeks."
    "Yeah."
    "I don't know why you received this call, then. I'm sorry."
    "Yeah."
    "Have a good day."
    "Yeah."

donate platelets, then it's two weeks
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Donate other people's blood, like a philanthropic vampire.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Is putting tape over your computer's webcam a legit good idea or something only paranoid people do?
    It is more efficient to put the tape over your soul. That way it can't be absorbed by Decombobulentry Demimithizers.
  • Is putting tape over your computer's webcam a legit good idea or something only paranoid people do?

I mean, if Mark Zuckerberg does it there's gotta be some credence to it. I'm pretty sure he knows some shit we don't.
  • I'm not #noided enough to do it myself, though.

The way I see it, if the NSA wants to see me fap, they damn well ought to have that right.
  • edited 2016-07-08 02:21:36

Is putting tape over your computer's webcam a legit good idea or something only paranoid people do?

Webcam hacking is certainly a thing and putting tape on it is an easy and effective solution, so it doesn't seem like a ridiculous thing to do.

I mean it's clearly a little paranoid, but that doesn't make it a bad idea.

I thought about it once...
  • if someone wants to look at my lovely face, who am I to say no :3
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Webcam hacking is certainly a thing and putting tape on it is an easy and effective solution, so it doesn't seem like a ridiculous thing to do.

I guess my thing is, like..surely covering the lens with tape would stop them from getting video, but couldn't they still record audio? And I'm not willing to rip out my computer's microphone because I need to use it sometimes.
  • Audio is usually less incriminating I guess?

and in any case if someone was using my laptop's webcam I know. There's this big honkin blue light that turns on when it's in use
    Jane said:

and in any case if someone was using my laptop's webcam I know. There's this big honkin blue light that turns on when it's in use
    The issue is that some of these cameras are wired in such a way that it's possible to activate the camera without activating the LED.

Some have it implemented correctly (the LED and the camera can only physically be powered together) but it's impossible to know unless you actually want to tear down your webcam.
  • Is putting tape over your computer's webcam a legit good idea or something only paranoid people do?

I guess my thing is, like..surely covering the lens with tape would stop them from getting video, but couldn't they still record audio? And I'm not willing to rip out my computer's microphone because I need to use it sometimes.
    audio doesn't let them get n00dz
  • who the fuck is nude at their computer???

who the fuck is nude at their computer???

Static electricity.

...Wait, I guess the computer isn't assembled in that case.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

don't kinkshame

You can't tell me what not to do.
  • you can't tell me what not to tell people not do to
    My mom is back from the hospital
  • who the fuck is nude at their computer???

I mean at the risk of revealing too much about myself.... >_>
  • kill living beings
    i'm ok with being audio recorded, less so taped (as in "video taped", remember those? taped is genuinely the first verb that came to mind)

of course, what i'd really like is something like my old netbook, that had a physical shutter over the camera. sensible, haven't seen it since

you can't tell me what not to tell people not do to

I can definitely tell you what not to tell people not to do to me if those people you are telling not to do stuff things to are me.
    Odradek said:

My mom is back from the hospital

Oh! Status?
  • edited 2016-07-08 02:54:09
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    But can you not what to not what to tell not to what not to not do?
    She is okay.

Still not 100%

i'm ok with being audio recorded, less so taped (as in "video taped", remember those? taped is genuinely the first verb that came to mind)

See, I'm kind of the opposite I think. Video would just be my head moving back and forth in front of hte screen, not very revealing. But audio would basically let them pick up anything said in the vicinity of my laptop.

of course, what i'd really like is something like my old netbook, that had a physical shutter over the camera. sensible, haven't seen it since

Yeah that would be a nice option to have.
    All the time, in fact I make sure to always tell myself to definitely do the opposite of not whatting I to not whatted to tell not to what not to not do. But sometimes I get the better of myself, but I always know to know what to not do.
    Just face it, next poster, I'm princessier than you. u_u
    but i am also a princess sometimes!
    Overthrow the monarchy, install benevolent goddesses instead!
    Odradek said:

She is okay.

Still not 100%
    Hey, an improvement is an improvement so that's good to hear, least.

it's true :(

B-)
    still best twitter conversation

• Tre said:

The way I see it, if the NSA wants to see me fap, they damn well ought to have that right.

if someone wants to look at my lovely face, who am I to say no :3

there are two kinds of people in the world
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Aliroz said:

Anyways, imicow, what do you think of the dzo, the Cow-Yak hybrid?

First I've heard of it, but it seems pretty cool.
    Imi has returned!

:D