The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• he is also the time guardian, guardian of time

(Kronos trembles before him)
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    My new RP character, Kroutons, Titan of Thyme.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Cardcaptor Tachyon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Cardcaptor Tachyon

do i get a new outfit every week?
  • If he had to choose an Earth mode, he would choose a dirigible, though he didn't because he was "not here to blend." 
    beautiful
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    "I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to win!"
  • kill living beings
    tb
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What other magical girl series should I watch to get inspiration for Sweets? Sailor Moon?
    i haven't watched Sailor Moon, but it's the most iconic in the genre so probably
    the name 'Nanoha' springs to mind but i haven't watched that either and idk if it's good
    HAPPY AMERICA DAY

i need to find that Star-as-Clownpiece image Imi gave me
    Starpiece
  • Tachyon said:

the name 'Nanoha' springs to mind but i haven't watched that either and idk if it's good

I liked nanoha, but it's not a Brilliant Masterpiece

tbh the best magical girl show is star driver
    The best magical girl show is Rose of Versailles, as long as you ignore the minor detail that it's not a magical girl show.
    The thing that's kept me from picking up Sailor Moon before now is that I'm not sure whether I should watch the 1990s dub (which would give me the experience I would have had if I'd watched as a kid) or the 2014 dub (which is truer to the source material and would give me a more authentic experience)
  • The thing that's kept me from picking up Sailor Moon before now is that I'm not sure whether I should watch the 1990s dub (which would give me the experience I would have had if I'd watched as a kid) or the 2014 dub (which is truer to the source material and would give me a more authentic experience)

why not both
  • id say the 2014 dub because its probably lower on the lesbian erasure
  • The best magical girl show is Rose of Versailles, as long as you ignore the minor detail that it's not a magical girl show.

the best magical girl show is star driver, as long as you ignore the minor details that it isn't a magical girl show and also isn't good

id say the 2014 dub because its probably lower on the lesbian erasure

good answer ^_^
  • I went to a friend’s fourth of July thing and it was cool up until they started tasing each other for fun and getting mad and calling me a pussy because I didn’t want to be fuckin’ tased

I’m probably done hanging out with that group for a while
  • Kexruct said:

I went to a friend’s fourth of July thing and it was cool up until they started tasing each other for fun and getting mad and calling me a pussy because I didn’t want to be fuckin’ tased

I’m probably done hanging out with that group for a while

it's amazing how similar our lives are sometimes
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The thing that's kept me from picking up Sailor Moon before now is that I'm not sure whether I should watch the 1990s dub (which would give me the experience I would have had if I'd watched as a kid) or the 2014 dub (which is truer to the source material and would give me a more authentic experience)

why dubs

also, deek
    Oh right, Princess Tutu is a good magical girl series, which also deals with the nature of stories in general.
    wait with like an actual taser, or a shock prod?

i mean either way that's idiotic but

happy 4th of July
  • I'm amazed no one's mentioned the Pretty Cure franchise yet, it's one of (maybe just the?) most popular shows of its type.

The original from like 2004 is probably where you'd wanna go there though I haven't seen it myself.
  • Tachyon said:

happy 4th of July

probably an actual taser, you can just buy those, did you know that? You can just buy a taser.
  • Oh right, Princess Tutu is a good magical girl series, which also deals with the nature of stories in general.

oh yeah, seconding that one
    yeah but what kind of idiot willingly gets shot with an actual taser 'for fun'
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

Same, honestly.

For me though, it’s more the conflict between guilty pleasure camp vs. Ikuhara weirdness.
  • Tachyon said:

my stepdad
    presumably the only thing the original has going for it is 'talent' jokes
    Jane said:

Tachyon said:

my stepdad
    oh
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It just clicked with me that this is the same difference between the 4Kids and Funimation dubs of One Piece, and no sane person would want the former.

Okay, 2014 dub it is.
    YO HO HO HE TOOK A BITE OF GUM GUM
  • Tachyon said:

happy 4th of July

Dunno, it apparently wasn't the strongest variety but! Still there's no fucking point, if you want to engage in silly performative masculinity that's your prerogative but don't make a character assessment of me over it

• my assessment: ifyoucantperformthe no spacebar badbadaaahhhhh
  • ok is working now: kexruct you are wawhimplikea girl who is not a man,no real american 
  • real men have an flist, the only thing there is electrostim
  • seriously what is up with my keyboard
  • ah, so that's where Wicked's old keyboard went
  • ok problem: i have a heavily autotuned voice saying the word "boner" stuck in my head
    1.5 second thing
    like, an endlessly looping 
  • I think you might be in an SCP, my man.
  • ive removed the spacebar and checked to see if something was stuck under there, there wasn't but it's fine now
  • whenever Cobaltstreak is on the NLSS I feel like he has like a 10 second delay behind the conversation Nick and Ryan are having or something.
    Cardcaptor Jane
  • I would like the cards yes.

I'm actually more familiar with the Cardcaptor series through their characters' alternate universe appearances in xxxHolic, though.
  • kill living beings
    pain
    Watching shows from the early days of fansubs is so weird. Like, I'm talking about fansubbing habits like colourcoding subs to specific characters, and honorifics and TL notes all over the place.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF CONTENT

I can't tell which is the parody and which is real!
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Watching shows from the early days of fansubs is so weird. Like, I'm talking about fansubbing habits like colourcoding subs to specific characters, and honorifics and TL notes all over the place.

I should do that again sometime.