The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Yes.
  • Fist fighting Liquid Snake is either the biggest cocking bitch in the world or I'm too tired for MGS.

Either way, good night
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Honestly Mega Blast isn't very fun, however cool a concept it is, even if I'm kinda using it badly.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Odradek said:
    Ah, another long, gloomy article that makes me want to ask the author what he does like.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    CgJVwblWIAABzvZ.jpg
    Oh, and he's defending Pixels. Fuck that shit.
    I mean, he likes Locke and Top Five, clearly
  • I've got a paper cut on the knuckle of my right index finger.

It fucking hurts.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

Why'd you post that?

Because it was cool to find an ancient screenshot of HH
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Grant me sweet death.
    I'm fine with the link thing. The @names thing is terrible and a hideous decision
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I can understand the rationale behind @names not counting towards the limit--I've always wondered why it wasn't designed that way--but at the same time allowing 50 @names in a tweet seems, well, excessive.
    I'm not sure w)(at your point is. Are you denying t)(at t)(ere's an aest)(etic t)(at's common in anime? W)(en you bring up criticisms, is it not in reference to t)(ings you dislike?T)(is is my starting point: Anime )(as an aest)(etic. Yes, #notallanime, but by and large, t)(ere is a collection of visual, dialogue, plot and c)(aracterization tropes t)(at are common to t)(e medium. I don't dig t)(ose visual, dialogue, plot or c)(aracterization tropes. I don't t)(ink it looks cool, or sounds cool, I don't respond to t)(e dialogue ticks. T)(ey're annoying to me, or, if you'd like, t)(ey're silly in a way I dislike.W)(en I end up liking anime, it's w)(en it avoids t)(ose t)(ings. W)(ic)( does )(appen! But I'm not sure if you're saying t)(e aest)(etic isn't t)(ere (w)(ic)( I disagree wit)() or you're saying you s)(ouldn't dislike an aest)(etic (w)(ic)( I also disagree wit)(). Yes, I can scour t)(e world of anime for exceptions but w)(y would I? I know t)(ey exist, t)(ey land on my door step sometimes, but life is too s)(ort to swim upstream for media. T)(ere's media everyw)(ere.
    ii'm not 2ure what your poiint ii2. are you denyiing that there'2 an ae2thetiic that'2 common iin aniime? when you briing up criitiicii2m2, ii2 iit not iin reference two thiing2 you dii2liike?thii2 ii2 my 2tartiing poiint: aniime ha2 an ae2thetiic. ye2, #notallaniime, but by and large, there ii2 a collectiion of vii2ual, diialogue, plot and characteriizatiion trope2 that are common two the mediium. ii don't diig tho2e vii2ual, diialogue, plot or characteriizatiion trope2. ii don't thiink iit look2 cool, or 2ound2 cool, ii don't re2pond two the diialogue tiick2. they're annoyiing two me, or, iif you'd liike, they're 2iilly iin a way ii dii2liike.when ii end up liikiing aniime, iit'2 when iit avoiid2 tho2e thiing2. whiich doe2 happen! but ii'm not 2ure iif you're 2ayiing the ae2thetiic ii2n't there (whiich ii dii2agree wiith) or you're 2ayiing you 2houldn't dii2liike an ae2thetiic (whiich ii al2o dii2agree wiith). ye2, ii can 2cour the world of aniime for exceptiion2 but why would ii? ii know they exii2t, they land on my door 2tep 2ometiime2, but liife ii2 two 2hort two 2wiim up2tream for mediia. there'2 mediia everywhere.
    Weirdness: The router is reporting my 3DS as being connected to it. This would make sense, if my 3DS was actually turned on.
  • Odradek said:

ii'm not 2ure what your poiint ii2. are you denyiing that there'2 an ae2thetiic that'2 common iin aniime? when you briing up criitiicii2m2, ii2 iit not iin reference two thiing2 you dii2liike?thii2 ii2 my 2tartiing poiint: aniime ha2 an ae2thetiic. ye2, #notallaniime, but by and large, there ii2 a collectiion of vii2ual, diialogue, plot and characteriizatiion trope2 that are common two the mediium. ii don't diig tho2e vii2ual, diialogue, plot or characteriizatiion trope2. ii don't thiink iit look2 cool, or 2ound2 cool, ii don't re2pond two the diialogue tiick2. they're annoyiing two me, or, iif you'd liike, they're 2iilly iin a way ii dii2liike.when ii end up liikiing aniime, iit'2 when iit avoiid2 tho2e thiing2. whiich doe2 happen! but ii'm not 2ure iif you're 2ayiing the ae2thetiic ii2n't there (whiich ii dii2agree wiith) or you're 2ayiing you 2houldn't dii2liike an ae2thetiic (whiich ii al2o dii2agree wiith). ye2, ii can 2cour the world of aniime for exceptiion2 but why would ii? ii know they exii2t, they land on my door 2tep 2ometiime2, but liife ii2 two 2hort two 2wiim up2tream for mediia. there'2 mediia everywhere.

why are you typing like Desiigner.
  • which rappers are which home stuck characters
    All of them.
  • I don't know enough about Homestuck to answer that question.
    Jane said:

Odradek said:

why are you typing like Desiigner.
    I'M NoT SuRe wHaT YoUr pOiNt iS. aRe yOu dEnYiNg tHaT ThErE'S An aEsThEtIc tHaT'S CoMmOn iN AnImE? wHeN YoU BrInG Up cRiTiCiSmS, iS It nOt iN ReFeReNcE To tHiNgS YoU DiSlIkE?
    ThIs iS My sTaRtInG PoInT: aNiMe hAs aN AeStHeTiC. yEs, #nOtAlLaNiMe, BuT By aNd lArGe, ThErE Is a cOlLeCtIoN Of vIsUaL, dIaLoGuE, pLoT AnD ChArAcTeRiZaTiOn tRoPeS ThAt aRe cOmMoN To tHe mEdIuM. i dOn't dIg tHoSe vIsUaL, dIaLoGuE, pLoT Or cHaRaCtErIzAtIoN TrOpEs. I DoN'T ThInK It lOoKs cOoL, oR SoUnDs cOoL, i dOn't rEsPoNd tO ThE DiAlOgUe tIcKs. ThEy'rE AnNoYiNg tO Me, Or, If yOu'd lIkE, tHeY'Re sIlLy iN A WaY I DiSlIkE.
    WhEn i eNd uP LiKiNg aNiMe, It's wHeN It aVoIdS ThOsE ThInGs. WhIcH DoEs hApPeN! bUt i'm nOt sUrE If yOu'rE SaYiNg tHe aEsThEtIc iSn't tHeRe (WhIcH I DiSaGrEe wItH) oR YoU'Re sAyInG YoU ShOuLdN'T DiSlIkE An aEsThEtIc (WhIcH I AlSo dIsAgReE WiTh). yEs, I CaN ScOuR ThE WoRlD Of aNiMe fOr eXcEpTiOnS BuT WhY WoUlD I? i kNoW ThEy eXiSt, ThEy lAnD On mY DoOr sTeP SoMeTiMeS, bUt lIfE Is tOo sHoRt tO SwIm uPsTrEaM FoR MeDiA. tHeRe's mEdIa eVeRyWhErE.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Sometimes I wish I lived in a part of the country where it rained more in the summer
    (in order, so far: Feferi, Sollux, Gamzee)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's been raining/hailing but i worry that the precipitation won't last much longer
  • edited 2016-05-24 21:17:43
    ಠ_ಠ
    So I've just shaved my legs using a cheap razor, and now my legs are bleeding

Fun times
  • So after over five fucking hours of waiting, GTA V finally downloads onto my PS4. I fire it up, eager to play, and I need to actually install the fucking game.

FML
  • And it is taking its sweet time doing it.
  • It's apparently takes a long time to download the game, since it's a 50GB game. I'll set it up tomorrow and let it install whilst I do normal human things.
    I believe the the Nazi party spread sinister memetic tentacles of Spenglerian damage through the water supply shortly before the Cold War, which created the modern libertarian memeplex.
  • i only get sick like once or twice a year, which is good, because yeah this sucks
  • Being sick is not fun
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tumblr, what a bunch of hypocrites, all concerned with representation of minorities and cultures, of trying to not be terrible and offensive.

And then the Namestealing Musical came out, and did anyone complain on behalf of my people?  Was there any outcry about this... this minstrel show! 

Gosh dang it, the one time I need a community with those skills, that mindset, that passion and drive, and nobody gave a dang.
  • kill living beings
    aliroz i know you're probably doing your semi ironic thing i don't understand but i want you to know i immediately became very angry remembering all the things that happened with mormon and gay kids in my high school

anyway, status
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    there was a mormon church right across from my high school

yntkt
  • edited 2016-05-25 00:11:11
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Now that I've calmed down, well, tumblr's, or, the SJW crowd, are not hypocrites.  They just weren't my personal army, when I really, really wanted one, and felt that my ends were aligned with their means.

I should learn to let go of such things.

As for Mormons and Gay kids in high school, yeah... bad memories there.  I'm so sorry.
    No, they actually are hypocrites.
  • "Tumblr SJWs are hypocrites" is a sentence containing only one word with a coherent meaning, and that word is "are."
  • Oh good yes please let's have this discussion.
  • We could talk about that, or we could do something far more productive.

Like dance!

All groups contain at least a few hypocrites. It's a natural human trait.

Not a discussion worth having, though. I'd rather talk about pudding.
  • edited 2016-05-25 00:24:01
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Tre said:

We could talk about that, or we could do something far more productive.

Like dance!

So... so hypnotizing...

-years later, archaeologists discovered what appeared to be the skeleton of an alligator, next to a computer displaying this dancing dapperman-

^I prefer chocolate pudding to banana.  You?
    Chocolate pudding's good, yeah. I don't think I've had banana.
  • I liked that article