The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My favorite Fan Wiki is Tv Tropes, because I met you guys there.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    :)
  • edited 2016-05-15 01:14:30
    Kexruct said:

Best fan wikis of all time are UESP and Bulbapedia, I will not be argued with on this, this is a closed matter

this is about right
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    wikiwikiwikiwiki
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I think Randal Munroe is half of why I really don't want to have a CS minor.  That and, I feel that Computer Science/Programming is of Ruin, rather than Preservation.

How do I tell my parents that computer programming is evil and will steal my soul so I don't want to have it as my minor, in a way that does not make me sound irrational.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Don't ask me

I had to take a computer programming class because I'm going to be an engineer
    If computer programming is evil, what are you doing using a computer?
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

How do I tell my parents that computer programming is evil and will steal my soul so I don't want to have it as my minor, in a way that does not make me sound irrational.

Hey so, remember that whole dot com boom thing? I've decided not to do that

worked for my mom anyway
    Aliroz said:

I think Randal Munroe is half of why I really don't want to have a CS minor.  That and, I feel that Computer Science/Programming is of Ruin, rather than Preservation.

Dark Sun?
  • Having a caffeine headache heading into work ain't great
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I BROKE THE DOOR ON MY PARENTS' OVEN

everyone is asleep so i can't tell them

the catch was sticking so it couldn't close, and it's happened before, and what i did before was pull it to loosen it, so i did that again and it SNAPPED

i checked the Zanussi website, for some STUPID reason they don't offer replacements of that part (they offer replacements of seemingly every other part for that model, i am confused)

help?
    you're very clever
  • edited 2016-05-15 01:59:35
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i mean yes, i used tape, but they're not going to be pleased with that

also it's kind of a bad solution, looks bad and you have to keep using more tape
  • 8 inches-ish of tape lasts 2-3 weeks, a roll that size should have you set for a while

glad to be of service
    Clever is a word Americans should use more.

It feels like a better word for a kind of practical problem-solving smarts than smart or intelligent, or wise.
    :/

if you're genuinely trying to help then thanks, and sorry for being rude

but like, i figured that i could tape it shut for myself, that's not really the solution to the problem i'm having
  • yeah that was my legit advice everything in our kitchen has Tape on it

the kitchen... is generally a horrorshow
  • because the fridge is basically dead BUT there is no way on gods green earth to remove/replace it so it basically sits there being a Scion of Black Rot {2}{B}{B}
    well

that tape DOES look a lot more durable than what we have, so that is a help

although it's £14.49 ($21.81) from Amazon UK and not Prime eligible and for that money i feel like i ought to be able to replace the part
  • you definitely should, call the company on the phone?

i really dont have good suggestions, sorry about that
    last time I broke something in my folks' kitchen, years ago, I wrote "mea culpa" on a note and left it nearby. I was forgiven and all was well

I'm not exactly suggesting this, though
  • edited 2016-05-15 02:15:49
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ^^ no, you've been a help, and thank you

i'll call them, but i'll probably have to wait until Monday

actually i should be the one apologizing, i basically logged into here in FULL-THROTTLE PANIC MODE desperate for INSTANT, PERFECT SOLUTIONS OR EVERYTHING WILL BE AWFUL FOREVER, but it's 3:13 in the morning and that's patently ridiculous

getting practical advice was calming, thanks for that

^ i also kinda did that except wordier

idk, didn't know what else to do
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Between your parents' oven and my car's power windows, this seems to be the weekend of hard-to-replace stuff breaking >_<

So, I feel your pain
  • there is basically a line permanently burned at the top of my screen now on this laptop and I am worried that it is indicative of impending hardware failure.

I really don't know what I'd do without my laptop.
    Odradek said:

also works with Shinobi 3
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    still can't believe Naughty Dog did this

• I have the fucking "Love Love Peace Peace" song stuck in my head.

It's a great song, and I do like it, but it just will not budge from my head.
  • It's either that or the Russian Eurovision song.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Heck yes.
  • took me a second to get it but niiiiiiice
    I still don't get it
  • edited 2016-06-27 22:46:57
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Bernie Sanders supporters on twitter who call everyone, regardless of gender "bitch" or "sweetie" and constantly tweet gifs of a crudely rendered cgi Wolverine showing his dick, and pictures of Elliot Rodger at people who displease them.
    Odradek said:

Bernie Sanders supporters on twitter who call everyone, regardless of gender "bitch" or "sweetie" and constantly tweet gifs of a crudely rendered cgi Wolverine at people who displease them.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2015/12/nine-canonical-responses-to-u-mad.html
  • edited 2016-05-15 23:56:40
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    As much as I like Rayman Legends, the Murphy levels are bad and whoever came up with them was a jerkwaffle.
    It occurs to me that I have no idea how Roald Dahl's first name is actually supposed to be pronounced

Welsh is not my language :v
  • It occurs to me that I have no idea how Roald Dahl's first name is actually supposed to be pronounced

I think it's actually Scandinavian but I still don't know how to really pronounce it.

I always pronounced it "rolled doll" but I doubt that's especially close to correct.
    I just assumed it was Welsh because he was from Wales, but a quick glance at Wikipedia indicates his parents were Norwegian, so you're probably right.

I also say "rolled doll" and people at least know who I'm talking about...
  • It's actually an acronym for "Roald Odahl Awas La dmassive Dantisemite Awhich His Ldisappointing"
    *thwaps Kexruct on the head with my magic wand*
  • TreTre
    edited 2016-05-16 01:00:59

As much as I like Rayman Legends, the Murphy levels are bad and whoever came up with them was a jerkwaffle.

What platform are you on? They're designed with the Wii U's GamePad in mind, so it isn't the most enjoyable experience if you're on the other versions.

The game was originally an exclusive for it, but Ubisoft reneged on that a couple months before it was supposed to release and delayed it so it could launch on every platform it could.

(The Vita version is a pretty good facsimile, though.)
  • It's "Row-ahld Dah-l". 
    i always pronounced his first name like 'rolled'

but his second name, i never pronounced to rhyme with 'doll'

the only way i can think of to describe how i would say it is, like, imagine someone with a non-rhotic accent saying 'Carl'

i would rhyme it with that
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The D in Roald is silent. It's pronounced Ro-ahl, with Dahl being a short Dawwwwww with a L on the end.