The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Propeller Knight's level is annoying, yes
  • oh fyi there's a free alternate gamemode you can unlock after you beat the game once where you get to play as Plague Knight. I forget how to unlock it tho.
    Plague Knight mode was too hard for me

Looking forward to King Knight mode though
  • I never got past the second level I think.

Plague Knight mode is really hard T__T
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm doing the level as plague knight.

I used a cheat to unlock plague knight, so I could do Plague Knight's story first.

Then Shovel Knight's gameplay will be a refreshing change to a more standard platformed.
  • the degree to which i need to talk through my ideas to articulate them correctly is weird and im not entirely comfortable

i want them to emerge from my head fully formed a la Athena
  • the degree to which i need to talk through my ideas to articulate them correctly is weird and im not entirely comfortable

i want them to emerge from my head fully formed a la Athena
    this is everybody man it's just that most people are just content to be misunderstood
    (2015 self)
    Plague Knight becomes a million times easier once you get the float burst, which lets you float gently instead of falling, with good lateral control.

Each thing you unlock for plague knight makes it a little more fun, and gives you new ways to bypass hard stuff.

• i wont be satisfied until i can Nintendo Game Link Cable my brain into someone else's brain
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the horror
    Odradek said:

Gee Naney you sound like a...

artduck03.gif
    Multiple Tumblr Marxists have gone "Yes, this angry, inarticulate, parody of a conservative comic strip character represents me and my feelings toward people who don't understand that Pacific Rim is the best movie ever and Stalin's so called "crimes" were justified by historical necessity"
  • kill living beings
    but those things fray so easily
  • edited 2016-05-14 01:24:20
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    The vat lets you create a platform under yourself, that falls down after one second. The smoke bomb makes you invincible to anything except bottomless pits for a few moments. The surge staff lets you launch up to save yourself. One thing makes you do damage on contact instead of take damage for a few seconds, and have no knockback. And so on.
  • but those things fray so easily

ok then we'll go with an IR port
  • Aliroz said:

I'm doing the level as plague knight.

I used a cheat to unlock plague knight, so I could do Plague Knight's story first.

Then Shovel Knight's gameplay will be a refreshing change to a more standard platformed.

Aliroz, you crazy gator you

Having played both modes, I can safely say that Propeller Knight as Plague Knight is the actual worst part of either campaign. You get past that, you've essentially beaten the whole game
  • Odradek said:

Odradek said:

Gee Naney you sound like a...

artduck03.gif
    Multiple Tumblr Marxists have gone "Yes, this angry, inarticulate, parody of a conservative comic strip character represents me and my feelings toward people who don't understand that Pacific Rim is the best movie ever and Stalin's so called "crimes" were justified by historical necessity"
    my lack of surprise is immense
    Alien Syndrome
  • edited 2016-05-14 01:23:36
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Plague knight is clearly dancing with an imaginary partner who is taller than him.

Mona was clearly dancing with an imaginary partner who was shorter than her.

Black Knight's second fight is the easiest in the game, I beat him in ten seconds of gator rage.
  • kill living beings
    time to make a guy feel hurt
    (2015 self)

time to make a guy feel hurt

Aw, you caught mr Fawkes and saved parliament, Nitya?
  • One cool idea I've had about healing magic is that, since fantasy healing is basically regeneration, the standard healer self defense move shouldn't be some sort of shield. It should be forcing the attacker to regenerate cells faster than their body can take it
    milk
  • One cool idea I've had about healing magic is that, since fantasy healing is basically regeneration, the standard healer self defense move shouldn't be some sort of shield. It should be forcing the attacker to regenerate cells faster than their body can take it

Pelor domains: Good, Healing, Sun, Strength, Travel, Cancer
    I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer
    never in my life will I understand how that...conversation system...uh, works
  • im in the mood for ashens
    did someone say black knight

black-knight-set-large.jpg
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

did someone say black knight

black-knight-set-large.jpg
    What game, it looks neat!

One cool idea I've had about healing magic is that, since fantasy healing is basically regeneration, the standard healer self defense move shouldn't be some sort of shield. It should be forcing the attacker to regenerate cells faster than their body can take it

In D&D, Clerics technically heal by channeling the Plane of Positive Energy through their god(or negative energy if they're an evil Cleric).

If you GO to the Plane of Positive Energy, your wounds all heal in seconds flat, and then once they're done healing, you explode.
  • i love dnd cosmology

It's Dark Souls

Well, A Dark Souls, at least

Dark Souls I believe.

The Black Knights are present in 1 and 3, and their armor is at least present in 2.

They're like tough minibosses you can kill to get powerful weapons.
  • kill living beings
    pretty good 4chan thread
  • pretty good 4chan thread

i have seen a few campaign plot bunnies expounding upon the idea but i cant be assed to find them again
    MM35_PG214a.jpg

This thing(The Ravid) lives on the Positive Energy Plane.

It can bring things to life Beauty and the Beast style with its one hand, so when it comes to the Material Plane, it mainly travels around with is entourage of living furniture bodyguards.

I love this thing so much.
  • i feel rather annoyed with the fact that we're all apparently supposed to have really strong feelings about The Way That Things Should Be

i mean, as long as people aren't being heinously oppressed for no reason, things are working ok, and im being mostly left alone to do my thing, i'm ok with things

and i think that most people would agree with me there
    See, though, none of those points are actually represented realities. 

Our time has two overwhelmingly important issues: Climate change and excessive economic inequality, which currently go hand-in-hand and cause a great deal of avoidable suffering. We suffer a form of capitalism that is literally sinking islands (and the populations of those islands) predominantly for the profits of a handful of people. 

Another major issue fueling the above is adherence to ideology over recognition of fact (ergo why basically nothing was done about climate change for decades). The resulting inefficiencies cause resources to accumulate in fewer hands and usually for private benefit, negatively impacting just about any cause one might name. This is compounded by the Baby Boomer population glut, so an aged population with less consideration for the future has more political clout and can pretend things are just like they were during the golden age of economic Keynesianism.

The reason I feel strongly about The Way That Things Should Be is that lots of people who Should Be actually Are Not because somewhere, they were failed by some external force. Perhaps political instability they had nothing to do with had them caught in a crossfire, or perhaps their circumstances pushed them to suicide. Perhaps, fleeing poor conditions, they were locked up in some gulag for daring to use their rights as described by the UN. Perhaps the medical techniques to treat a condition they have aren't available, or don't even exist. 
  • man you didnt even longpost in response to my clarification im sad now

man you didnt even longpost in response to my clarification im sad now

MM35_PG214a.jpg
  • i forgot all about the ravid thank you for reminding me
  • edited 2016-05-14 02:42:23

i care about some specific things. genocides, those are bad, we should stop doing those. letting trans people use the bathroom seems nice; i know i only have that opinion because i know people online, oh no monkeysphere or something. patent law is screwy. it's a lot of small issues that doesn't really add up into a cohesive political philosophy, and i don't really have any motivation to do that adding.

i think this kinda gets more at what i was trying to say: i feel like it's expected on the internet to have a Grand Utopian Plan Of The Way Things Should Be which is some sort of radical overhaul of the status quo

whereas im more like "the bad things should stop, and we should do more good things"

which i know doesnt address Systemic Issues or whatever but honestly

it's harder to feel that way when you yourself feel at odds with the state of society

i feel this way a lot but like

i wouldnt want to impose the way i want things to be onto the world
    Democratic compromise is an option, especially where it can be backed up by objective data. 

People have their preferences, but I think it's safe to say that a reasonable person will modify their views as they encounter reliable data and new information. So moving away from a culture of inflexible ideology and towards discourse will be important, but the reward would be the mitigation of many systemic issues.

Sadness addressed. 

i care about some specific things. genocides, those are bad, we should stop doing those. letting trans people use the bathroom seems nice; i know i only have that opinion because i know people online, oh no monkeysphere or something. patent law is screwy. it's a lot of small issues that doesn't really add up into a cohesive political philosophy, and i don't really have any motivation to do that adding.

i think this kinda gets more at what i was trying to say: i feel like it's expected on the internet to have a Grand Utopian Plan Of The Way Things Should Be which is some sort of radical overhaul of the status quo

whereas im more like "the bad things should stop, and we should do more good things"

which i know doesnt address Systemic Issues or whatever but honestly

it's harder to feel that way when you yourself feel at odds with the state of society

i feel this way a lot but like

i wouldnt want to impose the way i want things to be onto the world
    Democratic compromise is an option, especially where it can be backed up by objective data. 

People have their preferences, but I think it's safe to say that a reasonable person will modify their views as they encounter reliable data and new information. So moving away from a culture of inflexible ideology and towards discourse will be important, but the reward would be the mitigation of many systemic issues.
    MM35_PG214a.jpg
  • kill living beings
    Well, for me the problem is that I don't see a path from point A to point B for some things. Like, climate change. You say "for the profits of a handful of people" but it's not like you could kill twenty people and then it would be easy to fix industry. Instead there's a whole system, and most people involved with it have just made it slightly worse for not a lot of personal gain to end in this situation where if I want to go to a job interview I have to flood the atmosphere with exhaust. Fixing or at least lessening climate change probably entails reorienting huge portions of the economy, which would disrupt people's lives (and they would be Our lives, rather than the lives of people in the Maldives), even if it is better long term.

Something like refugees is comparatively easier. My solution: Europe should be less racist, and set up infrastructure for refugees. Lo, refugees are not compoelled to light themselves on fire and Erdogan has less absurd power. But this solution isn't really something that is implementable, and I certainly can't do it.