The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I only support the Juggalos for John Kasich
  • Playing The Sims 3, and I'm trying out the Sims will to live by placing eight hydrophobic Sims in a house that is essentially a giant indoor swimming pool.

One Sim drowned on the second day of the experiment.

Three Sims have died within seconds of each other on the third day. One drowned and two starved.
  • And another Sim has drowned.

It's at the point where the Grim Reaper music doesn't even play anymore.
  • Another Sim has starved to death.

Two Sims remain.

However, I'm going to declare them both winners of this little experiment, since I like them both and they would make cute babies.
  • Lol jk kill them all
    Sam Kriss is getting called a genius within earshot and SA is still going on about Fallouts

this is a bad day
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Anonus said:

why the fuck am i not a cute little girl in real life

age angst again?
    Just lamenting that I never got the chance to experience childhood as a girl, that's all.
    personally, I have this weird (occasional) angst that I never got to be an adolescent girl.
    thrunt
    Odradek said:

Sam Kriss is getting called a genius within earshot and SA is still going on about Fallouts

this is a bad day
    And also WOFF"s yearlong exegesis of Fallout New Vegas is happening

darkness imprisoning me, all that I see, absolute horror
  • Commander Woff of the USS Enterprise
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Something something math nerds grumble grumble.

Donald Trump signed up a couple of high-profile California delegates in recent days. One turned out to be a white nationalist. (The campaign said it was a mistake.) The other was billionaire tech investor and Facebook board member Peter Thiel. The “European-American” got most of the attention. But Thiel, a libertarian who seems to regard technology as a competing, and superior, system to politics, is the more compelling figure. In a 2009 essay, Thiel wrote, “I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.”
  • edited 2016-05-14 16:43:22
    25k word Tumblr posts about Anakin Skywalker
    MetaFour said:

Something something math nerds grumble grumble.

Donald Trump signed up a couple of high-profile California delegates in recent days. One turned out to be a white nationalist. (The campaign said it was a mistake.) The other was billionaire tech investor and Facebook board member Peter Thiel. The “European-American” got most of the attention. But Thiel, a libertarian who seems to regard technology as a competing, and superior, system to politics, is the more compelling figure. In a 2009 essay, Thiel wrote, “I no longer believe that freedom and democracy are compatible.”

Dear non-Slytherin friends, and dear journalists who actually do know better and are deliberately deceiving people: Peter Thiel presumably set this up back when it looked like there would be a contested convention. I will eat my shirt, or at least chew on it extensively, if Peter Thiel is actually a Trumpist. The end.

EDIT: Okay, I have no idea what Peter Thiel is actually trying to do, except that the objective doesn't rely on Trump becoming President.

• I HATE moisturizing shampoo
    I made up the word "thrunt" about 20 years ago, but of course now someone is making a game called that

YOU STOLE MY WORD
    in other news, I thought I was sneezing but it turned out I was just dreaming I was sneezing.
  • kill living beings
    and now it's time to find out whether i have done too much learning for the state's tastes
  • Eurovision time!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Today I learned that Nasa de-orbited the Galileo Probe into Jupiter so that it wouldn't crash into Europa.

This is good, because Europa is one of the most likely places to have life, and we don't want to accidentally spread microbes and wreck everything.

I mean, I remember when I was younger, hearing about the probe crashing, but I never knew it was for such a great purpose.
    Huh
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

the new Vektor album is 75 minutes long

you are weak like small baby
  • kill living beings
    COSPAR guidelines on that are pretty strict
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Anonus said:

age angst again?
    Just lamenting that I never got the chance to experience childhood as a girl, that's all.
    personally, I have this weird (occasional) angst that I never got to be an adolescent girl.
    That too.

I'm still sad that I didn't grow boobs...
    yeah
  • My boobs seem to be doing nothing but growing.

Want my excess boobage?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If only it were that simple, heh
    that would be nifty
    Man, I've wanted boobs as long as I can remember

I used to lie around wishing I could grow some if I just WANTED TO hard enough
    *hugs*
    *hugs*

I'm talking about when I was 10-11, for the record
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Anonus said:

age angst again?
    That too.

I'm still sad that I didn't grow boobs...
    there's still time~
  • edited 2016-05-14 22:20:53

today at Goodwill:

* trivium shirt

* wu-tang clan shirt

* Beatles shirt

* metal gear solid shirt

* DRI shirt
  • * soul callibur shirt

* eeveelutions shirt

* Bob Marley shirt
    Metal Gear Solid, ha ha ha!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the best meme
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Menacing
    I had a weird dream in which Charlie and the Chocolate Factory contained details about how all the character were survivors of two nuclear holocausts

I need to read that book again, because I'm pretty sure that's not in there
  • Macklemore & President Obama Made History With This Video
    I feel like the fact that 90% of fandom sperging is on Wikia should bother me more than it does
    The only time I have been annoyed with a wikia is the Hunter X Hunter Wiki persistently misgendering a character
    It's less that I dislike the individual wikis themselves--though the quality can vary pretty widely--and more that I worry about the implications of so much fandom stuff being owned by one big company
  • Wikia is kind of a gross company and their wikis are filled with ads and basically unusable on mobile, so I am definitely annoyed that so many fan wikis are on there.

Whenever some series has a wiki that's on Wikia and one that's not I always try to prefer the one that's not, which is easy enough since most of the time it's more complete anyway. That said, obviously for a a lot of things The Wiki is on there.
    See, it wasn't a problem 10 years ago because intricately detailed fan stuff was on Wikipedia.

Then for whatever reason they decided that wasn't "encyclopedic" enough and they made a concerted effort to force people to take that stuff elsewhere, which ended up in a lot of it going to Wikia.

I still really haven't forgiven Wikipedia for that.
  • Best fan wikis of all time are UESP and Bulbapedia, I will not be argued with on this, this is a closed matter