The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    A hip-hop artist who loves retrogaming? That's...pretty endearing, actually.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Twice
  • A hip-hop artist who loves retrogaming? That's...pretty endearing, actually.

He also owns part of Maker Studios.

• anyway as far as the Color-Changin' Clik goes I actually prefer Paul Wall but Chamillionaire is a close second.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How do other people not go insane worrying that they might not have the LATEST VERSIONS of every program installed on their computer??
  • also he has a mixtape called Hangin' With Mr. Koopa which is good.
  • edited 2016-05-13 22:06:45
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Jane said:

A hip-hop artist who loves retrogaming? That's...pretty endearing, actually.

He also owns part of Maker Studios.

Owns? Didn't his holdings in Maker get converted to Disney stock?
  • Oh maybe. I just know he was an early investor, all of that business-specific stuff is too inside baseball for me.

Also he is like really fixated on the minutia of business in his songs sometimes which is more unique than it sounds like it is.
    Jane said:

Oh maybe. I just know he was an early investor, all of that business-specific stuff is too inside baseball for me.

Also he is like really fixated on the minutia of business in his songs sometimes which is more unique than it sounds like it is.
    *Anonus immediately goes and listens to his entire discography*
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I have lost. Three Blank Card + Jera Keeper Greed mode runs. I think I'm good for today.
  • Jane said:

Odradek said:

Jane said:

btw almost all of these are diss tracks to the same person.

I don't think I can even conceive of hating anyone that much.
    Please tell me it is Mario
    it's Mike Jones.

(don't say "who?" that's part of his marketing strategy)

WHO?

(😜)
  • Mike Jones is a pretty bad rapper honestly.

I don't think "Still Tippin'" would've ever hit it big if it didn't have Slim Thug and Paul Wall on it.
  • kill living beings
    lit the man on fire
  • fight. dream. horse. love.

lit the man on fire

to keep him warm?
  • "Just like graffiti, Dat Boi, Boaty McBoatface, and Make America Great Again hats disrupt our global communication systems"

fuck gotta go back to the drawing board on my thesis
  • kill living beings

what does it mean
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I will never have the word magic to persuade people, to make them care about what I care about whether they want to or not, to change their minds. Change someone's mind. What a creepy turn of phrase. To put your thumbs on the putty of someone's thoughts and mold it. But this skill which is pretty much mind-control is lauded instead of feared, for some reason.
  • you'd be surprised
    (2015 self)
    Yes, yes, let's choose our leaders based in charisma, the ability to lie and charm, to mind-control large numbers of people.

Young Rozzy thought that presidents should be reared from birth to be incapable of lying or cheating. And that way, we wouldn't need elections and so nobody would have to be sad that his or her favorite candidate lost.
    (2015 self)

you'd be surprised

By what?
    (2015 self)
    Triplepost
  • Aliroz said:

you'd be surprised

By what?
    your own personal ability to convince people

like, if you have some facts (bonus points if you're on the internet and can link to sources) and can present them in a coherent manner, most people will be willing to give you the time of day

and it helps if you're passionate about the thing which you are arguing for/against, and passion seems like something you have in spades.

so don't just go "oh woe is me i'm weird and nobody will agree with me", it'll just be a self-fulfilling prophecy! don't sell yourself short
  • edited 2016-05-14 00:24:20
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

Yes, yes, let's choose our leaders based in charisma, the ability to lie and charm, to mind-control large numbers of people.

Young Rozzy thought that presidents should be reared from birth to be incapable of lying or cheating. And that way, we wouldn't need elections and so nobody would have to be sad that his or her favorite candidate lost.

http://www.classicpersuasion.org/pw/gorgias/helendonovan.htm
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    F# minor
  • When I was younger I thought we should let a governing body of scientists rule the world.

Unfortunately, as you know, people.
    When I was a young calf I thought we should let a superintelligent computer rule the world
  • When I was a young calf I thought we should let a superintelligent computer rule the world

I kinda felt this way right up until the moment I started actually learning about computers
  • The problem with doing what's best for the human race on the whole is that everyone we know of that can think about the problem is a human, or in the case of that kind of computer, would be programmed by a human, so there's inherently tons of bias in many different directions already.

This is why I don't like to talk much about politics and why I rarely try to convince anyone of anything. It's all rather pointless in the end innit?
  • when i was little i didn't care about who ruled the world
  • when I say a bit younger I do mean like, high school. 

When I was very young I wanted to rule the world.

When I was a young calf I thought we should let a superintelligent computer rule the world

nowadays, I suspect that letting a computer rule the world would just end up with some I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream kind of situation
  • I have played too many Bungie games to think that a superintelligent computer would do anything but think itself to death.
  • i feel rather annoyed with the fact that we're all apparently supposed to have really strong feelings about The Way That Things Should Be

i mean, as long as people aren't being heinously oppressed for no reason, things are working ok, and im being mostly left alone to do my thing, i'm ok with things

and i think that most people would agree with me there

i feel rather annoyed with the fact that we're all apparently supposed to have really strong feelings about The Way That Things Should Be

i mean, as long as people aren't being heinously oppressed for no reason, things are working ok, and im being mostly left alone to do my thing, i'm ok with things

Probably because too many people go "I'm largely apolitical. Now, about ethics in video games..."

nowadays, I suspect that letting a computer rule the world would just end up with some I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream kind of situation

https://heapershangout.com/index.php?p=/discussion/6140/roko-s-modern-life/p1
  • i feel rather annoyed with the fact that we're all apparently supposed to have really strong feelings about The Way That Things Should Be

I agree with you. The problem is that by some estimations people are being horribly oppressed for no reason, things aren't working OK, and many people aren't being left alone to do their thing.

Problems arise I guess, when you get into disagreements as to whether that kind of thing is actually going on. The recent debacle over NC's bathroom bills is a great example.
  • kill living beings
    i care about some specific things. genocides, those are bad, we should stop doing those. letting trans people use the bathroom seems nice; i know i only have that opinion because i know people online, oh no monkeysphere or something. patent law is screwy. it's a lot of small issues that doesn't really add up into a cohesive political philosophy, and i don't really have any motivation to do that adding.
    it's harder to feel that way when you yourself feel at odds with the state of society
  • i care about some specific things. genocides, those are bad, we should stop doing those. letting trans people use the bathroom seems nice; i know i only have that opinion because i know people online, oh no monkeysphere or something. patent law is screwy. it's a lot of small issues that doesn't really add up into a cohesive political philosophy, and i don't really have any motivation to do that adding.

I mean yeah basically this.

I must confess though I haven't thought about patent law, um, ever.

Why's it screwy.
  • i care about some specific things. genocides, those are bad, we should stop doing those. letting trans people use the bathroom seems nice; i know i only have that opinion because i know people online, oh no monkeysphere or something. patent law is screwy. it's a lot of small issues that doesn't really add up into a cohesive political philosophy, and i don't really have any motivation to do that adding.

i think this kinda gets more at what i was trying to say: i feel like it's expected on the internet to have a Grand Utopian Plan Of The Way Things Should Be which is some sort of radical overhaul of the status quo

whereas im more like "the bad things should stop, and we should do more good things"

which i know doesnt address Systemic Issues or whatever but honestly
  • kill living beings
    Well that's what I mean. I care about patent law because it's integrated with a lot of things I do and will be doing in the future. You don't care because, I mean why would you? You don't have any reason to care about it.

Here is a 1998 patent on pressing start as player two to enter a game already in progress
  • it's harder to feel that way when you yourself feel at odds with the state of society

i feel this way a lot but like

i wouldnt want to impose the way i want things to be onto the world
  • I would be pretty OK with "things as they are now but without the bad parts. Also we should probably try to get that 'colonize Mars' thing going sometime soon".
    Gee Naney you sound like a...

artduck03.gif

it's harder to feel that way when you yourself feel at odds with the state of society

i feel this way a lot but like

i wouldnt want to impose the way i want things to be onto the world
    I suspect that may be unusual, but what do I know?

I guess my "philosophy" may be summed up as "peeps should be free to be who they are and not be jerkasses to each other"
  • kill living beings
    I mean, this is probably why the government is so huge and spread out. NASA and ICE have little or nothing to do with one another.
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

you'd be surprised

By what?
    your own personal ability to convince people

like, if you have some facts (bonus points if you're on the internet and can link to sources) and can present them in a coherent manner, most people will be willing to give you the time of day

and it helps if you're passionate about the thing which you are arguing for/against, and passion seems like something you have in spades.

so don't just go "oh woe is me i'm weird and nobody will agree with me", it'll just be a self-fulfilling prophecy! don't sell yourself short
    I tried that a couple times (the marijuana in national parks thing).  It worked, but not the way I wanted it to, none of you were persuaded to adopt my point of view on the subject as a whole, although some of you agreed with me on specific instances.

Of course, the reasonable part of me knows that that's not what talking to people is about, and that it's possible to influence people and to bring things to their attentions, and that it isn't a failure if everybody else still has their own individual opinions at the end. 

The unreasonable part of me feels like I accomplished absolutely nothing, and ignores that many of you actually agreed with me on some of my points.

I just want everybody to agree with me on everything.

Or, rather, this frigging Propeller Knight level is too dang hard and I'm trying to distract myself by thinking of other things that bother me in the same way that you switch a heavy weight from your right arm to your left so as to relieve the strain.
  • ah Propeller Knight is a mean SOB. Good luck.