The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2016-05-09 22:28:03

i would make a joke about how he's kinda been phoning it in for a while but it's really nice to see someone fucking own terrible metal people on facebook
    Jane said:

those people are all like 40 and that's terrifying.

I KNOW
  • edited 2016-05-09 22:28:03
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Babymetal is on my list because gosh do they sound enjoyable and to my tastes.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

nothing important has happened in metal since, like, 2004 or something

Black metal became a thing that more than three people cared about. Sunn 0))) dropped Monoliths & Dimensions. Godflesh and Gorguts came back.

CATEGORICALLY WROOOOOONNNNNNNNNG.
    Crystal said:

Kexruct said:

I don't think I entirely agree with that article on Channel Awesome, particularly when it comes to Kyle's work. Even in his early, jokier material, he engaged far more with his subject matter and its historical and cultural context than the vast majority of his riff-oriented contemporaries, and his recent work *definitely* does—although there are more people who make that sort of stuff now, so it's not quite so rare.

It just comes off as weirdly mean-spirited and a bit pretentious, despite not being wrong in many of its points.
    definitely

man that kind of tone stuff is important though

I for one found a community of people interested in criticism through TGWTG (well, go far enough back and I really just got it through the AVGN).
    Hey same, except just AVGN and skipping over TGWTG and went about it differently.
    @Kexruct: The beau and I were kind of agreeing with you.

As for criticism, I had been reading and writing Amazon reviews since I was fairly young, being the precocious little snot I was. But some Channel Awesome people were my introduction to the concept of the video essay, which is a form I quite like, a lot more than the print essay in some respects.
    Tre said:

Odradek said:

it gets better

Rob's responses make me happy to live on this planet.
  • what i've heard from them is fun, and i'd be willing to see them live, but im not sure if i'd like, buy an album?

chunky melo-death riffs welded onto j-pop doesnt sound like something i'd just sit down and listen to
  • My dreams exceed my real life

i would make a joke about how he's kinda been phoning it in for a while but it's really nice to see someone fucking own terrible metal people on facebook

Jane said:

I KNOW
    Lords of Salem is actually a really visually striking and memorable movie with a great atmosphere, even if it is a bit slow paced and plot-light for its own good.
  • you know I completely forgot that he directs movies

Jane said:

I KNOW

what i've heard from them is fun, and i'd be willing to see them live, but im not sure if i'd like, buy an album?

chunky melo-death riffs welded onto j-pop doesnt sound like something i'd just sit down and listen to
    Same.
    Odradek said:

Jane said:

I KNOW
    Lords of Salem is actually a really visually striking and memorable movie with a great atmosphere, even if it is a bit slow paced and plot-light for its own good.
    Huh, cool!
  • edited 2016-05-09 22:36:22

anyways, now im kinda wondering

what kind of person goes and tries to whine about Rob Zombie hanging out with not metal people

i mean, Rob Zombie is more than pop enough that you'd think that the sort of person who would whine about that wouldn't be listening to Rob Zombie

I guess that's why all the comment people were 40 year old morons
    ...true.
  • I didn't think anyone was particularly opposed to what I was saying, for the record
  • what is even going on anymore
  • You say that sometimes when really innocuous stuff is going on and it confuses me.

We're talking about stupid facebook comments.
  • kill living beings
    negative interdict of the fourteenth pass failed to halt the efflux of nonrefugees. i've been trying to raise sec agr actual to get enough warrants to clear the nearby sewage plants, but the routers are still faulty and connect me to sec def instead. too bad we can't ask for resupply, eh. i'm really considering just declaring enough martial law to do it without the warrants, but i know the bosses digest my self upon my return. and it would make the situation with the civilians much more complicated. anyway, i don't have the personages for more interdiction, so I'm just going to station a few snipes in the other passes, and have them take some potshots at the nonrefs. might be enough at least to slow the flow a bit. if that doesn't work, and it definitely won't work well enough to report satisfying numbers to the bosses, i'm going to try some tricksy stuff. step up snipes in all passes but fourteen and clear out of there. hopefully they'll think i'm stupid enough to think i've scared them permanently out of fourteen, so they'll go through there, and then we'll kill them just enough that they can send back a few messages saying it's clear. i suppose i'll need to send some fake messages from everywhere else too. bah. well, it does sound more interesting than digging ditches, at least.

do not disengage. CISTERN
    Toolsie said:

what is even going on anymore

We were talking about an annoying article about TGWTG and now we're talking about Babymetal and Rob Zombie owning morons on Facebork.

negative interdict of the fourteenth pass failed to halt the efflux of nonrefugees. i've been trying to raise sec agr actual to get enough warrants to clear the nearby sewage plants, but the routers are still faulty and connect me to sec def instead. too bad we can't ask for resupply, eh. i'm really considering just declaring enough martial law to do it without the warrants, but i know the bosses digest my self upon my return. and it would make the situation with the civilians much more complicated. anyway, i don't have the personages for more interdiction, so I'm just going to station a few snipes in the other passes, and have them take some potshots at the nonrefs. might be enough at least to slow the flow a bit. if that doesn't work, and it definitely won't work well enough to report satisfying numbers to the bosses, i'm going to try some tricksy stuff. step up snipes in all passes but fourteen and clear out of there. hopefully they'll think i'm stupid enough to think i've scared them permanently out of fourteen, so they'll go through there, and then we'll kill them just enough that they can send back a few messages saying it's clear. i suppose i'll need to send some fake messages from everywhere else too. bah. well, it does sound more interesting than digging ditches, at least.

do not disengage. CISTERN

This sounds like a reference to something.
  • Jane said:

You say that sometimes when really innocuous stuff is going on and it confuses me.

We're talking about stupid facebook comments.

• edited 2016-05-09 22:47:01
    kill living beings
    if it is it's unintentional. sometimes SSI beams phrases into my head that i can't excise by any kind of psychosurgery. "negative interdict" has been bouncing around inside for several years now.
  • edited 2016-05-09 22:50:46
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

if it is it's unintentional. sometimes SSI beams phrases into my head that i can't excise by any kind of psychosurgery. "negative interdict" has been bouncing around inside for several years now.

I want to use this as a title for a Datach'i-meets-Eustachian psychedelic speedcore track.

With a slam and a breakdown, because.
  • kill living beings
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Nothing important has happened in music since, like, 1982.
  • Nothing important has happened in music since 1688.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
  • kill living beings

I want to use this as a title for a Datach'i-meets-Eustachian psychedelic speedcore track.

With a slam and a breakdown, because.
    those aren't real things. you're trying to trick me again.
  • Crystal said:

the best thing about this is the 2007 bit
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The only relevant year in music is 1920.
  • The only relevant year in music is 1920.

indeed
  • kill living beings
    I forget, is that comment one of the internet objects that has been removed from a context marking it as an aspect of the ironic sensibility permeating my face?
  • You nerd, yes, I'm taking about you.
  • Sorry, that's a might bit rude, I admit... besides you're more of a dork anyway
  • Let's talk about Dark Souls.... the lore begins like this.... "You Died" woops, sorry, you keep dying ^~^
  • edited 2016-05-09 23:54:07
    Pizza Dog
    The path to salvation is half an a press! Are your devices broken? Half an a press
  • Gungeon is all the fun of being shot with bullets without the crippling anxiety of being shot at.
  • I have fun sometimes. nerd/dorks should know this.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Sometimes when I switch away from Skype and switch back, the cursor goes to the "search contacts" box instead of the chat box.

I'm not sure why they would design it like this; that's immensely irritating.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Facebook recommending I follow Mark Zuckerberg makes me want to follow him...to a dark alley with a crowbar.
    I won't kill him.

But I will make him take his crowbar back; my house is not a storage unit for other people's tools. :|
  • Facebook recommending I follow Mark Zuckerberg makes me want to follow him...to a dark alley with a crowbar.

*makes Naney take back his--*

uh, what kind of tools would a cat use?
    I know what tools I use!
  • "I am not a furry"toopia was a good movie.
    Furry
    Scaly
    Feathery
  • I know I would use some tools of destruction.

*sleep!deprived Tools joke of the early morning*
    Zooropa, on the other hand, is a mediocre U2 album