The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    same
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    England is *kinda* garbagey, but honestly i really don't like it when you're all "a freaking island"

Like idk.  It's true, we're a lot smaller than the United States, but that makes it sound like that mere fact in itself makes this country an inferior place to live.

"Like, why would you want to live there?  It's just an island."
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    You could say the same thing about Singapore.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Every place is a nice place to live for someone but not everyone because entire groups of people get marginalized and criminalized.

Moving around will help you find your place but it's also a very costly act.
  • edited 2016-02-29 04:34:45
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You could say the same about any island country, yes.

idk i don't think it'd be in CA's interest to move to England, i'm just sort of bugged by this.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm sorry, it was really rude of me to get after Central for the way she voiced her objections.

I mean, I can't actually legitimately say that the current system doesn't totally stink in a lot of ways.

And it's really a super priveleged thing to say, "yeah, poverty and inequality and corruption, but on the other hand, mountains!".
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For me it's not even the awfulness of a Trump presidency that would make me want to lose hope.

It's the fact that people would have chosen that awfulness.

That a plurality of American voters would have looked at the racist, sexist idiot who says all Mexicans are rapists and that all Muslims should be banned from immigration and other bullshit like that and says "yes, this is the person I want to lead my country!"

That's the part that actually scares me.
    Mountains are good. If I could just live on rice and the kindness of strangers I'd just move to Shangxi and stay there.

But I cannot.
    ^^ that sounds rather like how i felt about people voting for UKIP

given first past the post, the support only translated to one seat, but even just that a significant percentage of the population voted for UKIP hurt my faith in the British electorate
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

England is *kinda* garbagey, but honestly i really don't like it when you're all "a freaking island"

Like idk.  It's true, we're a lot smaller than the United States, but that makes it sound like that mere fact in itself makes this country an inferior place to live.

"Like, why would you want to live there?  It's just an island."

Now that I've calmed down a bit, I see that that was really petty and arbitrary.  

I apologize.
    Apology accepted, and thank you.
  • we're not even 3 months into 2016 and I'm already just tired of politics

i know that probably isn't the best thing for someone who intends to go into journalism to say but shit, it's taxing
    I've given up on journalism. Marketing all the way.

I will support myself until I can become a monk or something.
    I really like 'Death of a Bachelor'.
    politics is a dismal, wearying subject and i don't blame you one bit

i feel a little guilty for not paying more attention recently but i haven't had the energy
  • I kinda just want to do consumer electronics reporting because it only has a minimal focus on covering governmental conflicts and stuff and I probably won't be covering that side of things because I'm more interested in doing reviews of phones/apps/etc. if I go to that industry.

I've considered games, but the glorious ugly gator head is still rearing two years on and I'm not exactly sure if I'm ready to take on that beast

in a perfect world I'd probably be a graphic designer but PFFT
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    PFFT?
    You'd be a really good graphic designer i think

i know nothing about how you get to do that professionally but you're really good at visual design
  • kill living beings
  • Anonus said:

PFFT?

you know how most parents want their kids to actually make money

my parents are like that
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Tre said:

Anonus said:

PFFT?

my parents are like that
    i feel you 
    Tre said:

Anonus said:

PFFT?

my parents are like that
    i'm glad my mother seems to be relatively supportive
  • HE FUCKING DID IT. HE WON.
  • kill living beings
    congrats, bear
    I thought I got better but I didn't.
    Maybe I should just go back to China and live there. Say "goodbye" to Facebook and Twitter and Wikipedia and Google and Youtube and everything because at least I can get fucking cold medication that fucking works.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
  • edited 2016-02-29 06:10:04
    meow meow meowtherfuckers

Nothing is more comfy than coffee!

I only play video games with coffee, with the only exception being Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask. But a number of the character's names is a etymological play on the word Coffee/Cafe, and there is a spiked milk bar so I made an exception. A peculiarity for me was Skyrim, which had a coffee pot, but no ability to drink the coffee. But mods made up for that. My favorite instance beyond the modded Skyrim, would probably be the Roost Cafe in animal crossing.

i love weird little quirks like this. i don't even like coffee and i'm charmed. you do you, video game coffee guy.

• that is a person who gets it
  • we need more representation for coffee in video games TBH
  • Really should learn the whole "university work/playing video games/sleep" balance, but... Yeah... Not happening right now >_>
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I know it, Tools.

At the folks knowledgeable about music here: Is anyone aware of an article or articles that thoroughly and clearly point out the hypocrisy present in the some of rock fans (alongside metal in my experience), that talk about how rap is "nothing but drugs and girls" but are unaware of that also, like, existing in their preferred genres?

I'll be frank, it's partly sheer vindication. But I also just want to educate myself and am not the most... efficient at finding these things. I swear it can't just be a trend among the 80s-modern rock folks that I know, considering how often I've seen sentiments like this outside of circles I've interacted with.
  • Can't say I know where to find an article about it but I've definitely noticed that phenomenon.

Antiblackness at work.
  • i cant point out a specific article but i know i've seen a bajillion of them
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Mind you I know I'm talking about a social phenomenon so asking for articles is harder to find... but, like, mostly any sort of education from experts in general. Glad ("glad") to see I'm not exaggerating in spite of ignorance, though.
    I've seen it from people I used to consider friends.
    Also: This microwave chili cleared my nose for all of fifteen seconds. Maybe I should just buy a jar of salsa and just eat that shit by the teaspoon.
  • Got water in my ears >_<
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I had a really weird dream about an episode of Steven Universe in which Connie was disappointed in Steven for not killing enough people. She counted that he killed only two people, one of whom was Toffee from Star vs the Forces of Evil. It didn't make a lot of sense
  • Ah, sorry, I'm a bit dim today.

I blame these lab reports.

They're turning my brain to mush.
    Don't tell me I sold ABC Warner to Disney

Also who was the other
    Accurate representation of how I'm typing right now.
    Also accurate