The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

Don't tell me I sold ABC Warner to Disney

Also who was the other

I don't know who the other was
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I am so tired.

The steaks and eggs were fine. A few mishaps, but fine.
  • I feel like I've been cheated out of unions and it makes it extra easy for my workplace to fuck me over
  • Burnt my tongue on some pasta.

Hurts like a bitch.
  • kill living beings
    cheated?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm going to die of not having a nice laptop
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'm going to die of having to go to work
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I am going to die of being attacked by a roving band of rogue Yahtzee players.
  • Guys, help.

Do I do my food shopping online and get it delievered to me, or do I venture out of my hovel and actually physically do my shopping?

What do.
  • So apparently the shop I usually do my online shopping on only does morning deliveries on Tuesdays, and stops doing them at 11am, which is the time I usually wake up >_>

That settles it. I'll venture outside in the great unknown.

(Though the Tesco Extra is literally a ten minute walk away >_>. It's just a bitch to wait for taxis and such.)

• Plus the fresh air and the walk down might do me some good.

I never leave my room except for food and University. 
    Happy February DLC Day!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    My nose is more or less clear but my head hurts like a motherfucker and I cannot sleep.
    I will never understand why some people feel that capitalism is something to be valued and celebrated instead of something to merely be tolerated as a necessary evil.
  • Well, those people are usually successful capitalists, yeah?
  • what a chore

what a slog
  • kill living beings
    so far it's been a hella improvement on feudalism
    Jane said:

Well, those people are usually successful capitalists, yeah?

Some of them are, and I get that, but I'm thinking about your average joe Republican who lives paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us but votes based on libertarian values.

• so far it's been a hella improvement on feudalism

always look on the briiiiiiiiight siiiide of loife
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I will never understand why some people feel that capitalism is something to be valued and celebrated instead of something to merely be tolerated as a necessary evil.

I used to, because I wanted to be a successful capitalist, but now I feel like that's an unethical desire and feel it much less (it went from "I want to be wealthy" to "I want to run a solvent business")
  • There is a rusty light on the pines tonight;
    sun pouring wine, lord, or marrow, into the
    bones of the birches, and the spires of the churches, jutting out from the shadows;
    the yoke, and the axe, and the old smokestacks, and the bale, and the barrow —
    and everything sloped, like it was dragged from a rope, in the mouth of the south below.

We’ve seen those mountains kneeling, felten and grey.
    We thought our very hearts would up and melt away,

from that snow in the nighttime,
    just going and going

and the stirring of wind chimes
    in the morning
    I didn't mind the new art style, or even recasting the voices, but declaring Michelle Obama the Powerpuff Girls' New Mommy was too far. Too far, Cartoon Network!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    i mind everything about this show
    psst, i'm spouting nonsense, sweetie
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    THANKS michelle OBAMA
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    So, outside the window, a deer is sniffing at another deer's tracking collar.  Must be on wrong, I've never seen them notice such things before.
    This is good news!

Granted, since we've got the courts disagreeing on things now, this is gonna be headed to the Supreme Court any time now...
    Shirobako-Waiting-for-Godot-Original-002-20141219.jpg
  • edited 2016-03-01 01:45:24
    We can do anything if we do it together.

This is good news!

Granted, since we've got the courts disagreeing on things now, this is gonna be headed to the Supreme Court any time now...
    Considering the now-deadlocked Supreme Court, that isn't very good news...

This is good news!

I'm hoping, naively perhaps, that Obama's Supreme Court pick will be someone who's on the right side of this kinda thing.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

This is good news!

I'm hoping, naively perhaps, that Obama's Supreme Court pick will be someone who's on the right side of this kinda thing.
    You're still hoping that will happen, huh?

Well, in the interest of positivity, I hope it will, too.
    There's three possibilities:

1. Obama manages to get someone into the Supreme Court.

2. The next president is a Democrat, the Senate realizes they can't keep this petty game up indefinitely, and the new president gets someone decent into the Supreme Court.

3. The next president is Donald Trump, in which case we're royally screwed regardless of what happens with the Apple case.
  • *smashes through the wall into the "Fear & Loathing" thread* I GOT OPINIONS
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Shirobako-Waiting-for-Godot-Original-002-20141219.jpg

deep truths
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Love this show.
  • If there's anything that truly resonates about Atlas Shrugged it's that when you get down to it everyone wishes they could browbeat their political opponents for hours on end and force them to listen the entire time
  • kill living beings
    you sly dog, you caught me monologuing
    Philosophy makes an impact on the world. Look at all the damage Ayn Rand has caused.
    The pain has lessened but I feel sick to my stomach.
    Why aren't YOU eating 3000 cakes?
    I'm diabetic. I'd die.

Which honestly feels like it would be an improvement.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Really I've been, for the most part, quite enjoying ASIP and I wish I could find more like it. I've got Nighty Night up on the docket since that's looked interesting for some time now, though I'm not sure if it's comedy-focused. On the other hand, maybe they'll balance out.
  • One of the most important indicators of a human’s quality is the type of souvenirs they’ll buy on vacation.

• don't read Complex my man

you'll hurt your brain
  • i definitely see that

i ended up perusing it b/c i absentmindedly tried to navigate to fourpins and that redirects there now
  • honestly (and this is tangential) rap journalism is in a pretty sad place right now

I might recommend RapReviews.com if you can get past their awful visual design
  • man i miss fourpins

it was pretty much the best mens fashion blog

even if half of the articles were written by Skylar