The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    A stick with an edge attached.

i haven't actually ever listened to Sufjan Stevens, but I've seen this one at the station
  • edited 2016-01-25 07:12:25
    kill living beings
    Oh. Oh yeah. I don't actually know what that title means though.
  • Well, I would have clean my iPod out of the bloody thing was accepted by my computer.

Oh well. Good job I can delete music straight from my iPod.
  • And something weird keeps happening.

If my alarm is set for 9am or 11am, I will always wake up at 8:27am. Always.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    is that good or bad
  • It's weird how every single day that I don't have to be up at 7am, I'm wake up at 8:27am

Why so specific, brain?
  • It's neither good nor bad, it's just weird
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

Oh. Oh yeah. I don't actually know what that title means though.

An age of emotional violence and personal apocalypse, culminating in chopping down and chopping apart one's ego and rebuilding, going by the lyrics.

Also, Tre: All Delighted People and Enjoy Your Rabbit might be up your alley.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    The song in question:

It just sounds gigantic.
  • crap, I swear I've heard this at/on the station at some point

it may have been back in October, that was the last time it aired
  • either way I like it, and will be checking out Sredni's recs
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Why do we even fight over the moon landing when we have landed things on Mars?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    A story where the fae can lie, they just refuse to as a matter of course.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Toolsie said:

Why do we even fight over the moon landing when we have landed things on Mars?

• kill living beings
    what if people found out
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    (While running from the Headmistress and her prefects, Princess Alice rounds a corner and ducks into an unused classroom.)

FAMILIAR VOICE: Oh good, you made it after all! I invited Guardsman Payne but he didn't come.

ALICE: Oh no, it's...

SAFETY FAIRY: Hi, I'm your Havens County Safety Fairy, here to keep you from being horribly maimed!

ALICE: I know who you are. Now be quiet, or they'll--

(Two prefects burst into the room.)

PREFECT: Princess! It's over. We're taking you to the Headmistress's office.

SAFETY FAIRY: Rude! Princess Alice here is about to watch my presentation! Isn't that right, milady?

ALICE: Uh...Sure.

(Alice takes a seat.)

ALICE: Yes, I'm going to watch her presentation, which is about...

(The Safety Fairy turns on a projector and pulls up a PowerPoint presentation. The title side says "HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY UPDATES, JANUARY 2016.)

SAFETY FAIRY: Good morning, lady, gentlemen. I'm your Havens County Safety Fairy, here to keep--

ALICE: You said that already.

SAFETY FAIRY: Welcome to my brief overview of the January 2016 Health & Safety policy updates!

(The prefects head for the door.)

SAFETY FAIRY: No, no, gentlemen! You're welcome to stay too. As prefects, I'm sure you value student safety, after all.

(The prefects exchange an awkward glance and sit down on either side of Alice.)

SAFETY FAIRY: This month, I've decided to focus my efforts on a very serious danger facing Centralians today.

(The Safety Fairy waves her wand; the text on the slide changes to "Procedures for Safely Handling the Mood Swings of Emotionally Disturbed Princesses.")

ALICE: On second thought, can you guys go ahead and take me to the Headmistress?

PREFECT: Shh.

OTHER PREFECT: This presentation looks like it might have some useful information.
  • Doing my shopping online, and I'm buying a large pack of Coco Pops. 

Because reasons. 
    naney relaxes after a long day of work

I wonder how Ash got hir hands on a fairy wand

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd usually trust non-fairies with
  • Toolsie said:

Doing my shopping online, and I'm buying a large pack of Coco Pops. 

Because reasons. 
    Funny you should mention them, I just saw a pretty cool infographic that talks about them at one point:

Stuck without a proper internet connection till Friday. Save me.
  • edited 2016-01-25 20:47:54
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

I wonder how Ash got hir hands on a fairy wand

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing they'd usually trust non-fairies with
    I made it myself, of course!  With some assistance from a wandsmith I consulted, and I asked the Safety Fairy to check it for me to make sure it was authentic and would work as intended.

Which she did, although she did say that no wand is safe for a child to use and suggested I use a plastic safety wand instead.  But I think I can handle it.  I understand the general theory, at least, and everything I've tried so far has worked fine.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Tre said:

Toolsie said:

Doing my shopping online, and I'm buying a large pack of Coco Pops. 

Because reasons. 
    Funny you should mention them, I just saw a pretty cool infographic that talks about them at one point:

i remember when they changed it to Choco Krispies and they had a commercial announcing the change and then not that long afterwards they changed it back to Coco Pops cuz i guess people here didn't take to it
  • everybody walk the yoshi
    Cookie Crisp
    BUT ITS A BREAKFAST CEREAL
  • kill living beings
    panic, shrinking fear
    it's funny, i was pretty aware of Axe and 3 Musketeers by this point but didn't realize they were just familiar products under different names

Infographic didn't mention the reason Dove chocolate uses a different name in the UK - here Dove is a brand of soap, so quite a different sort of bar.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Dove is a brand of soap in America too

Unilever and Mars have separate trademarks on the name, I think
  • The Milky Way situation is especially interesting to me

makes me wonder if the Mars bar has any alt names elsewhere
    Tachyon said:

it's funny, i was pretty aware of Axe and 3 Musketeers by this point but didn't realize they were just familiar products under different names

Infographic didn't mention the reason Dove chocolate uses a different name in the UK - here Dove is a brand of soap, so quite a different sort of bar.

• kill living beings
    >implying Germany still exists
    Embedded image permalink
  • I thought Dove chocolate and Dove soap was some sort of weird vertical acquisition thing
    Page topper is a cute comic.

Also: Apparently it is time f9r me to ad9pt a slightly different register 9f c9mmunicati9n. Perhaps 69thers9me, 6ut t9 d9dge the inevita6le w9ld 6e highly pr96lematic.
    Sredni why are you Kankri now?
    It is in y9ur best interest t9 examine the page num6er.
    Paradox: Hermit Crabs are cute in their shells, but they look like wide-awake nightmares outside of them.
    oh, heh, didn't notice that

so when it's 8888 you'll be Vriska?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I think @Vriska should be granted sole control over that page, honestly.
    point
    also: i don't think hermit crabs look nightmarish

Myr, what is your position on hermit crabs in glass shells?
  • edited 2016-01-25 23:30:46
    My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

also: i don't think hermit crabs look nightmarish

Myr, what is your position on hermit crabs in glass shells?

SnailWomanNoShell.jpg