The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    perhaps, but you must play Symphony of the Night sometime before you die.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Totoro?
  • My dreams exceed my real life

perhaps, but you must play Symphony of the Night sometime before you die.

noted

i will aim to do that
    . . . it's not on any console i own
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Apparently bribing the prefects to let you leave campus and wander into downtown Havensborough is frowned upon

Something about how, as the reigning monarch, I need to be supervised at all times

Can't a princess ever have some alone time to go to the bookstore by herself??
    Tachyon said:

well, as a last resort, you can emulate it

that's not what I did at all, nosiree
  • kill living beings
    i got a t statistic of 30 so i think i fucked up
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    CNN and MSNBC spent about 2 hours broadcasting from the apartment of the San Bernardino shooters today
  • I need to cut my fingernails soon. They're getting pretty long.

But... I do like tapping my fingers on my desk and making a satisfying sound.
  • CNN and MSNBC spent about 2 hours broadcasting from the apartment of the San Bernardino shooters today

yeah

that was

something
  • kill living beings
    in my state the landlord letting in whoever he likes is probably legal if you're dead, since that probably implies "abandonment"

good 2 know
    First and easiest thing if we want fewer shootings: stop the media feeding frenzies every single fucking time this happens.
  • they literally just went in there and started picking through random junk it was fucking weird
    I dream of a society where Nightcrawler isn't realistic.
  • edited 2015-12-05 01:34:38
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    If I believed that my every action played out into some metanarrative...

...I do, actually. Believe in a cosmic metanarrative that doesn't care about me, and I have deemed worrying about it not useful.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Mormons are not allowed to consume caffeine or alcohol.

Non-Mormons in Utah are allowed to consume both, but in order to purchase it, they must first engage in ritual combat with the Challenge Snake, which is 200 feet long and which cannot be cut or bruised by human weapons. Thankfully you just have to cut off the bell tied to its tail, which is good because they can reuse the Challenge Snake.
    my parents were non-mormons in utah and that sounds about accurate
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    How does one know when one is too reliant on magic??
  • kill living beings
    when you get magic legionnaire's disease
    aluminum vs. aluminium 

bizarrely my US English spellcheck recognizes both
  • kill living beings
    the British one is iupac standard
    "Caesium" is also IUPAC standard, but my spellchecker only recognizes "cesium".

Spell checking dictionary choices seeming arbitrary?? Who knew?
  • kill living beings
    lol dictionaries
  • Tachyon said:

Cthulhu???

There's a character named Cthulhu and a character named Santa.

Neither of them are the famous Cthulhu nor the famous Santa.
  • Tachyon said:

i touched a thing and it did 50 damage

try to avoid the -127 spikes
  • losing your wallet on a night out: annoying inconvenient but it happens

losing your SHOES on a night out: idk how tf that happened
  • Tachyon said:

i always tended to pick easy mode everything and then try again on harder settings if i wanted to play more

these days i usually go normal, but this game specifically advised easy mode if you haven't played the original version, so i went w/ that

The game was right to advise that.

I played Easy, and it was still pretty dang difficult for me.
    My first and only experience with Cave Story was the original freeware version.

Well technically I played it twice.  Once to fail to get the second-best ending, and once to get the best ending once I knew how to get it.
  • Tachyon said:

It is trivially easy to play it using other means.
    that is inaccurate; that's not the voice of Robert Belgrade
  • For real i just woke up and i have no wallet and no shoes
  • kill living beings
    sunn wolf said:

losing your wallet on a night out: annoying inconvenient but it happens

losing your SHOES on a night out: idk how tf that happened

that sucks but lmao
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Was this partying-induced shoe loss or just misplacement when you got home, do you think?
    darkling, I smell your blood
  • Was this partying-induced shoe loss or just misplacement when you got home, do you think?

my shoes are not in the house

my wallet is also not in the house
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    This is not my beautiful house.
  • kill living beings
    this bar has like nine hundred people in it
  • darkling, I smell your blood

"eww, it stinks; i like my perfume of +10 charisma more"
    Death in the dream world will send your soul wandering through all eternity, demon.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I’m eating a sandwich where the filling is a slice of toasted banana bread and I’m not sure what I’m doing with my life.
  • I must have lost my wallet somewhere very close to my apartment because I bought a coffee at the ok mart over the road at half 4 in the morning, i have a receipt from them, so i must have had it then

as for my shoes i have absolutely no idea
  • this would be less inconvenient if my boyfriend hadn't lost his debit card a week ago. neither of us have any way of getting cash. luckily we do have a reasonable amount of cash...
  • I'm gonna cancel my card and then find it stuffed somewhere weird in my flat, i know it, i just know it
    One time I went to withdraw $40 from an ATM, but the machine deducted $40 from my bank account and only dispensed $10

And the punchline: I was so pissed at being cheated out of $30 that I wasn't paying attention and left my debit card behind

Thankfully I was able to get a replacement as soon as I realized it was missing...my local branch prints the cards right there while you wait instead of mailing them to you
    The explanation, when I went to ask for my $30 back, was that whoever loaded the ATM screwed up and swapped the $5 and $20 bill trays. So when it went to dispense two $20 bills, it gave me two $5 bills instead.
  • kill living beings
    a bad drink
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    MachSpeed said:

This is not my beautiful house.

this is not my beautiful waifu

The explanation, when I went to ask for my $30 back, was that whoever loaded the ATM screwed up and swapped the $5 and $20 bill trays. So when it went to dispense two $20 bills, it gave me two $5 bills instead.

that's horrible
  • Tre said:

the Elf on the Shelf is desensitizing your children to Big Brother

Wrong thread?
    not particularly, I just read a Washington Post (maybe Slate?) article with that message and it amused me
  • not because it isn't true (it is), it's just such a ridiculous concept to wrap one's head around that it loops from "confusing" to "hilarious"